Author Topic: Nditions' European Duelling Tournament II!  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
Nditions' European Duelling Tournament II!
« on: July 13, 2011, 05:48:05 pm »

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nditions' European Duelling Tournament II!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 01:00:31 pm »
~~#Bump#~~

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 01:19:50 pm »
I was thinking of joining in this time around, however, the native duelling scene is no longer about skills, it's all about having the most fucked up, crazy ass macro feints.

Make rules against macro feinting and I might sign up.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 02:15:10 pm »
People actually macro their feints?

fucking bundle of stickss

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 02:17:01 pm »
 :?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 02:39:19 pm »
I was thinking of joining in this time around, however, the native duelling scene is no longer about skills, it's all about having the most fucked up, crazy ass macro feints.

Make rules against macro feinting and I might sign up.

This was considered, however the problem lies in detecting what is a macro feint and what isn't. Since it's more than possible to do the things people are apparently doing with macros, just by increasing your sensitivity a load, we have essentially no way of detecting such macros.

It's a pity you don't wish to join, however I'd also like to point out, that the fact that at most three European duelists that I have played against would be suspect of perhaps using macros, doesn't really mean that the entirety of Native dueling is doing so.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 03:38:50 pm »
This was considered, however the problem lies in detecting what is a macro feint and what isn't. Since it's more than possible to do the things people are apparently doing with macros, just by increasing your sensitivity a load, we have essentially no way of detecting such macros.

It's a pity you don't wish to join, however I'd also like to point out, that the fact that at most three European duelists that I have played against would be suspect of perhaps using macros, doesn't really mean that the entirety of Native dueling is doing so.

10-15 feints per second is in-human and can only be done by mutants, cyborgs, robots and macro feinters. They're quite easy to spot. The hard ones to spot are people like Storm, duellist frequently visiting Ndition, but goes by other names now days. He has done some clever macro feints which looks unnatural due to not moving his mouse, ergo his character animation does not move along with his feints.

Of course they do not attack any quicker then I or you do, however, being a clickblocker(most of the time), it is hard to keep up with 10 feints per second, I get a brain meltdown.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 09:20:40 pm »
Dueling sucks
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 10:26:03 pm »
10-15 feints per second is in-human and can only be done by mutants, cyborgs, robots and macro feinters. They're quite easy to spot. The hard ones to spot are people like Storm, duellist frequently visiting Ndition, but goes by other names now days. He has done some clever macro feints which looks unnatural due to not moving his mouse, ergo his character animation does not move along with his feints.

Of course they do not attack any quicker then I or you do, however, being a clickblocker(most of the time), it is hard to keep up with 10 feints per second, I get a brain meltdown.

Another way to break the game like what we North Americans call "The Castor"

Where a 2h left swing goes, is then blocked, then you use a right swing right after which is super fast for some reason
Just a soldier

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 11:30:33 pm »

M and I did some testing on this, whilst this was being considered, M was able to do the macro-feints, without actually having such macros. Now, I don't know they're not a mutant, cyborg or robot, but... =p

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 12:40:31 am »
M and I did some testing on this, whilst this was being considered, M was able to do the macro-feints, without actually having such macros. Now, I don't know they're not a mutant, cyborg or robot, but... =p

So he was able to do 10 feints per second? lol sure
Free Bjordhinn!