Author Topic: The spawn points in Strategus.  (Read 979 times)

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
The spawn points in Strategus.
« on: July 21, 2011, 06:16:14 am »
+1
Can these be fixed please?

We were having a good battle and it crapped out because these points are bugged or the flags aren't placed properly. This is the third battle where there's a problem with spawn points.

The flags are sometimes under the ground and people just end up pressing the use key on the pile of wood which doesn't do anything once the construction bar fills up.

Not sure if there's already a topic on this somewhere - if so, just delete this one.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:20:06 am by Gash »
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: The spawn points in Strategus.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:22:12 am »
Yeah, I think chadz has enlisted a ragtag group to create more spawn points/fix ALL strategus maps :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 06:26:05 am »
Yeah, I think chadz has enlisted a ragtag group to create more spawn points/fix ALL strategus maps :D

Ah, alright, thank you for the info.
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:27:36 am »
If you're referring to the recent LLJK battle against Dhibbain, there is actually a glitch that can be performed by using moving cav to capture the flag - what happens is that the flag moves away with the cav, which makes it possible for the attacker to move the flag away from the wood pile. By the end of the battle the blue flag was several feet away from the wood pile, and people didn't notice.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:28:46 am by Shik »

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:27:58 am »
+1
I see several problems with the flags as they are right now.

It's an all-or-nothing game, which is a bit restrictive.  All 4 strat battles I played today (I was both defender and attacker) ended in less than 15 mins.  Most were 5-6.  The flag gets capped and its over.  I'd like to see multiple flags and multiple spawn points on the map, more of a Battlefield series style game mode.  Having maybe 2 spawns on a village, 3 in a city, and 4 in a castle would be ideal I think. 

Secondly, its very confusing shutting the flag on/off.  It needs to be easier to see and select.  Also, as defender, you can't tell if the flag is capped or not.  Adding a toggle-able HUD icon for both sides would be nice.

And I think cav can cap flags, right?  That's unlike all other flags and usable items in the game--I was rather surprised to see that. edit: nvm its a bug I suppose
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 07:17:42 am »
Secondly, its very confusing shutting the flag on/off.  It needs to be easier to see and select.  Also, as defender, you can't tell if the flag is capped or not.  Adding a toggle-able HUD icon for both sides would be nice.

It pops up in chat when your flag has been taken down. But if you capture a flag, you are the only one who knows.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 08:33:11 am »
I noticed that but it leaves a lot to be desired.  BTW congrats on the win.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice