Author Topic: Weight Penalty  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Weight Penalty
« on: July 19, 2011, 04:21:08 pm »
Can someone explain how this works exactly?

Ive heard weight over 7 begins counting against your weapon proficiency....is it some complicated equation or is it like.....27 total weight = -27 off your WPF?

Im looking at two builds of gear, one with a total weight of 27 and one with a total weight of 32.5....is that 5.5 gonna really change much?  Its hard to say whether I feel the effects in game or not...sometimes that can be all mental, you know?

Any explanations, thoughts, advice is welcome!
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
Re: Weight Penalty
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 05:19:13 pm »
armor weight modified proficiency = base proficiency * (1 - 0.0082 * effective armor weight)

effective armor weight = 3*head armor weight + body armor weight + leg armor weight + 2*hand armor weight - 7.7

Keep in mind Headgear incurs a triple penalty and gloves x2.  Plug your values into the equation and you'll be able to see what your true wpf is.  I don't know what is considered a good "true wpf" to have, but the overall idea is the more armor you wear = the higher wpf you'll want (to soak up the penalty)

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 05:48:12 pm »
If you felt like reading up on it, I made a thread about this a while ago; WaltF4 and I collaborated to find a few speculative formulas. None of this is official, though, so it won't be exact.

Another thing to consider is that the more WPF you have, the more you are penalized for wearing armor (since WPF reduction is percentage based and isn't simply subtractive). From this, it makes sense for high WPF builds to wear lighter armor (as they have a greater loss for wearing armor compared to low WPF builds).

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 05:53:30 pm »
thanks guys!

from your experience, is that 5.5 weight difference i mentioned gonna actually change much in your minds?

usually run with 21 agi, 7 athletics, and like 163 2h (MW longsword).....
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »
thanks guys!

from your experience, is that 5.5 weight difference i mentioned gonna actually change much in your minds?

usually run with 21 agi, 7 athletics, and like 163 2h (MW longsword).....

Depends where it is coming from, keeping in mind that the penalty will be worse if we're talking head or glove weight.  The short answer is probably not, if you can't tell the difference.