Author Topic: New Player... Things I see..  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: New Player... Things I see..
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 02:42:32 am »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(click to show/hide)

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 07:16:49 am »
+1
you are wrong a good player will always beat a spammer.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 08:33:39 am »
Some footwork and decent blocking skills and spammers will be free kills.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 08:35:42 am »
Step 1: Build a 27/12 2h
Step 2: buy a Flamberg
Step 3: ???

Step 4: PROFIT

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 08:38:49 am »
2H spam is horrible.  The people that are topping the charts in all matches are 2H spammers. 

this is just wrong...so wrong

Offline Myltinous

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: Rhemus_Myltinous, Pippin_McGee
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 11:41:26 pm »
Once you put in a bit more playtime you'll notice who the real threats are. I'm on my 3rd char (1st gen still cause the other two where screw ups) and I can easily deal with spammers now. When I first started playing I felt the exact same way you feel right now but, as I've just said, you should start to see different with a bit more playtime. With a 2h char as a beginner the most important thing is footwork. As a beginner you're not that good at manual blocking; so what you do is stay out of the opponents reach, then jump in when you feel its safe and get a shot in (you might have to do a single manual block to get out of their range after your swing). Also don't be afraid to, if you have a higher athletics, run away from someone you know you can't beat untill you find a teamate or something else to give you an advantages position. Hope this helps and take dying not as failure, but a learning tool for you to improve.  :D

Good Riddings
"One who thinks is one who conspires"
Ryan Myltoft
1992-present

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 11:53:06 pm »
Ah.. a new player. Hi!

Let me show you a picture. And remember this one. Know what stage you're at.

(click to show/hide)

8-)

Actually the best post since these forums were created.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 12:40:53 pm »
I couldnt be arsed reading the rest of the thread, but this annoyed me a bit.

You say you are a new player. Ok, fine. You suck, deal with it. When you start a new game, especially one with such a unique combat system, you suck. Everyone sucked at it at some point.

As for 2H spammers and you not getting an attack in, grab a shield and a 1h. Most sword and boarders get attacks in on me that i have to block.

As for them being so much better, well they probably have been playing alot longer than you.
As for the STR requirement. It seems fine to me, i have a 15 21 build. Thats enough for my danish greatsword. True, its a strong weapon, but with 5 PS my damage is definetly at the low end of the spectrum and it takes me alot of hits to finish off an enemy in decent armor.
As for never having to block, well, then you are playing wrong. Its true that 2h/pole have a longer range meaning they get the first attack usually, but if you block that you can retaliate. As for swing away characters, tbh those are the easiest to defeat in a duel. They usually suck at blocking (me too, im a terrible blocker) and with good footwork you can get in alot of hits.

and @christo, cav is not shortcut :). Cav is target practice for archers and throwers.

2H spam is horrible.  The people that are topping the charts in all matches are 2H spammers.  I can not even get in an attack with any class I play except for an archer at range.  They can put me on my heels the whole fight.  And I just find that hard to believe.   A Pole Arm and a 2H Sword should put some weight restrictions on a lot of things.  Like I think there STR requirement should be a lot higher then it is so an Agility Build is just not going to happen and if it does go toward it then there is a hard cap.  This is max blah blah.

15 STR for long 2H sword with 40 cut is to low imho.

The people that I see top the charts never block they just hack and slash and I would rather see it to where they have to block once or twice.  But, as it stands now they never do.. they just swing away.

But, I guess that is the way of the game.  Swing Away. I wanted to try this and try that but, I am going with the swing away build and its working for me as well.  Just wish it were a little different.  The game is a lot easier if you never have to block because you can speed swing through almost everything. =D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:41:55 pm by Wookimonsta »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 01:33:29 pm »
My least favorite person to fight is serious mode gutz in real armor thank god he is never serious mode and never in armor at the same time shit is like seeing the fucken yeti or bigfoot maybe a few have seen it but most are lying or just thought they saw it. I have seen it and I cried tears of savage inaddequacies that made my heart crush like some terrible plastic wrap had been applied to forever crush my spirits of ever being better than him. So I just you know get a posse and hunt him like a rare animal like a jaguar I get my guide and my indentured servants put on my monical and I make a jolly good hunt of it, but if the beast proved to be raptor cunning and slays my servants while I work to put him down then I pray to god. [silly post concluded]

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2011, 06:25:57 am »
Mental farts arent that healthy...
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2011, 12:39:29 pm »
New players.

Hah!
Monkeys!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2011, 01:08:28 pm »
+3
There should be a new subboard, where new players and noobs can whine about the "unbalanced" gameplay 24/7, would at least keep the suggestions corner cleaner.