Author Topic: Split NA players from EU players.  (Read 14688 times)

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
Re: Split NA players from EU players.
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2011, 05:45:54 pm »
ATS has servers they could help with :)

Unless you have someone who you think is better at giving free things away :D

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2011, 06:35:11 pm »
Words

It isn't so much about timezones for me, its more about which servers get played on. There would be one continent where battles are always on NA servers, and the other always on EU servers. If you wanted to cover timezones you would see need EU clans, but they would suffer because of ping. EU clans will never be offensive against NA clans and vicesa versa, simply because the defender gets to choose which sever to play on. Leading to huge power blocs and stalemates.

And well fuck port cities then, you can simply walk across the water now as it is. It would look a little weird if armies met and fought on the ocean, but manageable. Water isnt a barrier at the moment, neither are mountains.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:37:38 pm by PhantomZero »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2011, 01:23:35 am »
I try to lobby chadz, as it is absolutly no fun playing on foreign servers. And I think anyone who (really) played strategus knows, a war between a big EU and NA faction is unlikely to happen because it's just frustrating, making 1/3 of the current map "unused".
People that are concerned that the community will be split, well, it already is, I know nearly nothing about the NA playerbase, and you can't tell me you participate much on the other side of the pond (tournaments for example, clan battles and such).

My current idea would be:
2 calradias, players can chose on which they spawn, and freely travel between them with ships.
EU continent forces EU server and has EU-nighttime(no battles, less speed on the map), NA continent the NA server and NA-nighttime. If you are a masochistic one, you are free to play on the other continent, but you won't be able to force your server on them.

If you have a mixed clan, you either take coastal regions on both continents, or a part of your playerbase has to suck it up and always play on foreign server. Not that different from the current situation, if you currently have 50% NA and 50% EU players, 50% of your players always fight on the wrong server anyways.

Pirates of the Burning Sea (kind of like Eve lite) has 2 servers, an NA and EU and they restrict their port battles to primetime in those timezones.  It really does promote good fights and no cheap ninja'ing when people are asleep.