Author Topic: No auto-updater? I'm lazy and mad as hell.  (Read 313 times)

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
No auto-updater? I'm lazy and mad as hell.
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:17:26 pm »
  I am sick of sifting through old forum posts in order to re install the banner pack, more metal mod, texture mods and such. So tired in fact that that I am on strike till real strat comes out. Well not really, I am just a tad bored and needed a break.

But anyways, can we get a freakin auto updater already? And pre launch screen mod switcher? I wish you folks would focus on things like this more and less on adding new models and animations.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: No auto-updater? I'm lazy and mad as hell.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 08:18:52 pm »
This all sounds nice (though heavy on logistics), but we do already have a pre launch mod switcher I thought, at least I do.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 08:26:29 pm »
We have a module switcher, not a screen that lets you check and uncheck mods for a specific module, like more metal sounds etc.  I know little about coding, but from talking to my pretentious know it all programmer friends I was informed in a snooty tone, that this would be a quick and easy thing to add.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:44:08 pm »
Oh, a sub-mod manager, that is rather easy to do, assuming you have someone that knows how. Meneth's sub mod manager for stainless steel is a good example that I can think of.

As for the autoupdater though, I think that would require a lot more effort and resources.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.