Author Topic: patch .230 sucks  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
patch .230 sucks
« on: July 11, 2011, 12:52:33 pm »
+1
Well im just a new player and really liked this game.now i will not be playing it again while this patch is the latest.after playing hours and buying armour and a long sword now i cant even use them as they are to expensive to repair.good work wrecking this game,reccomend you fix this before all your new players from the Steam sale decide this game now sucks :mad: If it aint broke dont fix it

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: patch .230 sucks
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 12:53:07 pm »
bye

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 12:55:43 pm »
Peace mate. Hope you learn how to actually play a game before quitting next time though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 01:01:51 pm »
+2
it was good before this patch and now it sucks,thats all im saying

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 03:06:00 pm »
Allegedly it was just a minor upkeep increase.  Don't dress like the tinman and keep a rainy day fund and you should be fine.

TLDR: bye.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 03:21:37 pm »
You said that you were good before this patch and that patch sucks because of upkeep, does this mean you suck without good gear?

C'mon it's'sitll the same game, timing, footwork, awareness, nothing about gears.

Offline Inporylem

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: EXGK_Inporylem_the_gentle
  • IRC nick: Inporylem
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 03:32:01 pm »
These nerfs were needed even tho it feels retarded. Doesnt mean i would agree with all the changes tho.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 03:32:55 pm »
 :lol:
*waves*

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 03:46:31 pm »
Given the size of the cRPG playerbase, it's not a good thing to lose players.  So perhaps we should be offering some words of encouragement rather than just being smug, or we may find ourselves having fewer and fewer people to whom we might show off our 'uber elite' skills.

To that end:  As I understand it, the average upkeep cost should only be going up slightly.  The actual repair costs are higher, but repair should happen less often.  I heard there was a bug such that the reduced frequency is not, or was not, working properly - but that should be fixed.  So if you hang in there for a bit, repair should be more manageable soon.

Anyway, as I recall from way back, the whole idea of upkeep was to make the game a bit better for newer players; supposedly people at lower levels would have an easier time if not everyone was in full plate armor.  So perhaps we should be more receptive when we hear newer players telling us "Damn, I can't even afford to use my new [middling] gear because of repair costs!", while we more hardcore players have 1mil+ gold in the bank and can sell heirloom points to get an extra 400-450k each generation and thus can use much heavier gear. 

I mean, hey, personally I'm in favor of more inequality based on time played, so whatever.  It's just kind of silly when some game mechanic ends up having the opposite of the intended effect.  You just end up with a clumsy game, since the actual state of things was not planned for (and indeed was meant to be avoided). 

For the sake of newer players - and the convenience of everyone - it really would be better if the repair system was just changed to a constant cost per tick, which could be displayed on the website default equipment selection.   Over time the costs of whatever item average out to a certain amount anyway; the current system merely makes it unnecessarily obscure what those costs will be.  Why not let newer players clearly see, 'This set of equipment will cost you 20 gold per round', etc.?

Offline Ackwire

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 05:41:14 pm »
+1
^^

As a new player myself, I am struggling to make gold.   I will admit I didn't bother to read any instructions I just bought it off Steam a few days ago and jumped right in.   After playing and buying some kit, and lets be honest as a 4 day old character you can buy some nice gear.  Nothing super sexy but its easy to pick up a chain suit and a decent sword.   However I can no longer afford to use them.   So all my armor is back in the vault at home while I run around in the starting clothes.  I am still using a decent cavalry sword and a shield along with some frenchy throwing axes.   The problem at the moment is, with just 4 pieces of gear, I lose cash or break even most of the time.

Oh and I have never been good at this in any of my 4 days of playing.  Its crazy how good some of you are with your timing with blocks and attacks.   So as a new player, who understands I am in over my head with the learning curve for this beast, I can say very easily the current cash generation/sink system is a touch out of whack.   

Since winning fights is not gonna happen for some time and lots of practice, at least let me get some new shiny gear so I feel like I am progressing. 

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 05:45:27 pm »
^^

As a new player myself, I am struggling to make gold.   I will admit I didn't bother to read any instructions I just bought it off Steam a few days ago and jumped right in.   After playing and buying some kit, and lets be honest as a 4 day old character you can buy some nice gear.  Nothing super sexy but its easy to pick up a chain suit and a decent sword.   However I can no longer afford to use them.   So all my armor is back in the vault at home while I run around in the starting clothes.  I am still using a decent cavalry sword and a shield along with some frenchy throwing axes.   The problem at the moment is, with just 4 pieces of gear, I lose cash or break even most of the time.

Oh and I have never been good at this in any of my 4 days of playing.  Its crazy how good some of you are with your timing with blocks and attacks.   So as a new player, who understands I am in over my head with the learning curve for this beast, I can say very easily the current cash generation/sink system is a touch out of whack.   

Since winning fights is not gonna happen for some time and lots of practice, at least let me get some new shiny gear so I feel like I am progressing.

Make a shielder as first character, It will give you some time in the battle to think better strategy, will increase your half-life
My fridge is my shield

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 06:45:12 pm »
Well im just a new player and really liked this game.now i will not be playing it again while this patch is the latest.after playing hours and buying armour and a long sword now i cant even use them as they are to expensive to repair.good work wrecking this game,reccomend you fix this before all your new players from the Steam sale decide this game now sucks :mad: If it aint broke dont fix it

Get over it. Everyone whinges with the new patch. You're a grain of salt in the sea of bitching scrubs.

No offense.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login