Author Topic: Repair Costs  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Ragnar_Ulfson

• Count
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulfson
  • IRC nick: Ulfson
Re: Repair Costs
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 04:31:04 pm »
I totally agree with the repair bills.  Now i dont think throwers are OP anymore.  I was playing 1 pre patch and new patch people bitch b/c they actually stand some what of a chance now.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 04:36:08 pm »
Yeah this is heavy bullshit unless you some market guru with 12 billion in backup.......

This along with the insane archer dmg buff im not playing until the devs sort it out...
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Ackwire

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 05:04:40 pm »
+2
I am a new player so obviously I don't know how things used to be but I can tell you that I no longer wear armor.  I use the noob duds because I wanted to save up for a decent horse.  But there is often times I lose cash with only a shield, sword and throwing axes equipped.  No other gear.  They are decent items those three so if two break on me in a round,  I have had to pay 800 in single fight.   Probably not much for some but its wallet busting to me.   So even the new players are feeling the pain that all the veterans are complaining about in matches.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 05:19:30 pm »
+1
I am a new player so obviously I don't know how things used to be but I can tell you that I no longer wear armor.  I use the noob duds because I wanted to save up for a decent horse.  But there is often times I lose cash with only a shield, sword and throwing axes equipped.  No other gear.  They are decent items those three so if two break on me in a round,  I have had to pay 800 in single fight.   Probably not much for some but its wallet busting to me.   So even the new players are feeling the pain that all the veterans are complaining about in matches.

And this is why I dislike the new upkeep.
I already own every piece of gear I will ever use on ever single one of my alts besides my new shielder who is still saving up for some lol-plate for lol-moments.

For new players, the new upkeep makes it impossible to save up for new gear AND wear something better then rags,
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Miranda

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Jeannie_d_Arc, GK_Kira_Rayl, Miranda
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 05:46:16 pm »
At the moment im like "fuck it" and run around in peasant gear and with an Long Hafted Spiked Mace in order to save up some gold to use my normal gear again in the future.
I guess i bought that warhorse just at the wrong moment.   :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 05:57:22 pm »
I've been playing for about a month now and my main has accumulated about 150k in two generations. The way I did that was to run around in peasant gear and a mid-range 2h sword until level 25 until I put on my default gear. Generally speaking, with my usual gear (Klappvisier, Heraldic mail, Wisbys, Shynbauls, and Danish) I would wander between breaking even or losing a bit if I was on the losing team, to generating decent coin if I ran with a good team to play with. Now, its an entirely different story.

I find that the repairs don't come as often, however the cost is like being hit by a truck. With my usual gear unless I'm getting a good multi I'm bleeding cash. As a person that isn't going to sell their loom points (my main weapon is only +1) I feel that I'm forced to wear crappy gear more often just to support my cash balance. And as a player that can be considered more casual than hardcore, that's a big turn off. The game is starting to get that second job feel to it.

If this is linked to Strategus, wouldn't it have been wiser to do it when Strategus was closer to release or when it came out? The veterans with millions won't feel burdened by this, its the new and casual players that have been given the shaft.

Offline Hemingway

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tumbler
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 08:29:56 pm »
Fixed. Thanks mod team!