Author Topic: "Nudge," a play in one act.  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: "Nudge," a play in one act.
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 01:34:35 am »
Nudge is "blockable"...
Chamberable, not blockable.

Kicks can be chambered by another kick and nudges can be chambered with another nudge. Chamber =//= blockable.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 08:18:28 am »
+3
No, due an oversight from me you can counternudge even after you got hit by another nudge. This makes it by far not as hard as "chambering".

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 08:33:57 am »
No, due an oversight from me you can counternudge even after you got hit by another nudge. This makes it by far not as hard as "chambering".
How does this work really? I read your posts and I kinda tried to stop myself from getting slashed while being immobilized by a nudge, by pressing "V" and it didnt do anything. I still got slashed. What may I have done wrong?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 10:36:41 am »
+1
It works fine for me. You have to hit with your own nudge though, so you have to aim at the other player while doing it.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 10:41:46 am »
+7
V

"Huh?"

V

"Too soon to try another nudge!"

*DEAD*

-fin-

I NEVER SAID THAT
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 07:19:37 pm »
+1
It works fine for me. You have to hit with your own nudge though, so you have to aim at the other player while doing it.

While you are staggered from the nudge, you can rotate and aim your counter-nudge? It just doesn't show any of this on the screen?

Just wish there was something I could do while staggered from a kick, besides bang my head against the keyboard in rage at the fact that the kick wasn't even near me yet landed anyway. I spent an hour on duel yesterday; I felt like a soccer ball after a match. Some kick abusers are actually more dependent on kicks than blocking.

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 11:09:51 am »
Just wish there was something I could do while staggered from a kick

Indeed. Not enough time to roll a spliff, too much time to just sit around.

I usually take the chance to grind my teeth some and die a little inside.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:37:55 pm by RobertOfDrugsley »
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 11:46:16 am »
I was thinking of making a kick escape(backwards) comparable to knockdown escape before I went out of order.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 02:56:26 pm »
+2
I was thinking of making a kick escape(backwards) comparable to knockdown escape before I went out of order.

Would be interesting, although I think most people would just prefer a kick that didn't have a 30 degree staggercone that lasted way longer than the animation indicated.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 03:46:05 pm »
+2
Would be interesting, although I think most people would just prefer a kick that didn't have a 30 degree staggercone that lasted way longer than the animation indicated.

^ This.

I would be perfectly fine with kicks giving a free hit if they were risky and hard to pull off. In a real fight odds are your leg would get hacked off or your opponent would leverage the fact that you were off balance and strike.  Ideally, I would want it so that you still can't block while kicking (otherwise you can just kick nonstop with no penalty) but the range / timing would be as it should: shorter, more direct (no cone/area of effect), and last much shorter (so that the animation matches up).

In the future I want to think "Oh darn, that guy is good! Got me with a kick... yeah, he deserved to win that one." While now I just think "F*#&ing kick spamming noob! Stop abusing game mechanics and get good!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 03:49:57 pm »

My god man, just remove the fucking arc/cone around the leg and foot (similar to old kicks) and remove the stagger affect after the kick has stop "kicking" (similar to how it used to be).

How this borked ass shit is still being discussed as left in the game is amazing to me (it's really not, I expect this after over 2.5 years of being active in the community and forums).  Stop breaking the game and then implementing a counter to it, just fix the original problem...that would be a great start.

It starts with a nerf, and then something else becomes OP so gotta now nerf that (due to the first nerf).  Or implement one thing, and it borks something, so we get another implementation that counters it, rather than just unborking the original thing.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 04:11:36 pm »
+5
I can't remove shit like I said 32432324 times. Kick cone and hit detection is cmp stuff. Write angry pms to him and the problem will be solved one way or the other.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 04:12:59 pm »
Sorry "You" should not have not been directed at you personally Paul...i've played this game with cmp before and I ended up with a rage post and getting the massive shit poster tag...no reason to dance that dance again (nothing changed and my stance is still the same as it was then). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 08:05:55 am »
+1
Anyone else manage to knock someone down using a nudge, but the enemy still able to block while on the ground?
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2013, 10:06:41 pm »
Anyone else manage to knock someone down using a nudge, but the enemy still able to block while on the ground?
Yeah, fairly sure that's intentional, guy who is knocked down can't move, can't roll, but can block and attack. A bit silly though as the requirements for the knockdown nudge allow for a free hit 100% of the time, and the guy knocked down isn't stunned long enough for you to hit him before he can block.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.