Author Topic: sparvico's day in the office  (Read 9504 times)

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
Re: sparvico's day in the office
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2017, 07:47:59 am »
+6
The fact that you think people would rather be called slurs than be griefed in Strategus reveals your small minded privileged viewpoint lol.

Are you a fucking retard?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2017, 12:00:11 pm »
+4
Are you a fucking retard?

don't blame him, he's under watchful eyes at all times. might even be in the Londonistan jurisdiction, where I believe failure to champion any minority (or classified as discriminated) group is penalized by a hefty fine and potential jail time.

you know, its like that good samaritan law in the last episode of seinfeld.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2017, 01:17:23 pm »
+5
Being racist isn't griefing. It's being a piece of human garbage. Griefing human garbage is a benefit to society. The fact that you think people would rather be called slurs than be griefed in Strategus reveals your small minded privileged viewpoint lol.

My God, how inspring. With mere strokes of his keys Badplayer has rung the death knell of racial bigotry. All undo and unjust discrimination in this world will now come to an end due to his brave efforts trolling those who troll in this bellwether of racial tensions and public opinion, cRPG. What will come next? Maybe sucker punching people with stylish haircuts? Who can tell, but we all know that the titan of progress, Badplayer, marches on to the next injustice.

You do realize I was trying to help you, right? My argument was what's the best way to end x not "hey I love typing friend you can't take that from me lol"

Real talk though my dude I think you should seek help with your reading comprehension problem, and for your heathen liberal mind disease.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2017, 11:19:38 pm »
+4
lol, thanks for the new sig.  :D

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2017, 12:58:56 am »
Interesting that the guy who gave badplayer all the access to fuck everything up and cheat hardcore is now posting in his defense the second someone calls him out....... makes ya think  :| :| :|

wrong, I didn't do shit lmao. Nice to throw out unsubstantiated accusations though!
why are you an admin again?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:04:36 am by Shik »

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2017, 01:25:01 am »
+2
as a free americnan i fought in vitet nayem for this SHITYE we cal lfre33 spOOCH, and iL FBE Hot diGGITY doG Dammmnded if som faaaagut niggggggggggggggggggggggger admin is gunna take that sh0t awayh

yeeeeeeeeee haw

- every american man, 1967, colourised

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2017, 05:36:21 am »
BiotCHHHH plz hoe Mah Rihts inalienable Zince Vooks won in aFgahn koosh nahwhaimsayin wheeeeeew nutin but DiRt Track sPeeeeeeeed  GETT OUT MAH WAY rusk comin whaz Forem
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2017, 05:47:17 am »

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2017, 07:10:00 am »
+8
wow so u get muted if you don't agree

might as well move to china

they have yuang at least

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2017, 08:41:41 am »
+1
Those who're complaining about admins "censoring" their 1A rights forget they're not acting normal, freedom of speech doesn't include being an asshole.

This is not just for Algarn, but for anyone who thinks (especially in the US) that "freedom of speech doesn't include being an asshole."

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The entire point of this amendment is to protect ALL forms of speech, and that includes derogatory words such as "my old friend got", "friend", etc. No, the Bill of Rights wasn't ratified to protect these specific words so people could be bigoted assholes. It was so that if someone's opinions were that of the minority, they would be free from governmental persecution when expressing those beliefs (e.g. if you were a Chinese Democratic protester in 1989, you would probably want your government to uphold this right). No matter how you may want to try and spin it, the US Constitution's First Amendment protects ALL SPEECH EQUALLY, regardless of whether it is cheerful or hurtful. This is so that the free society of the US can openly critique their government without fear of being silenced.

Yes. That does mean people will say bad words and do it because they have the right to do so. It's a part of life, grow up and deal with it. I would rather have some asshole say rude shit than be legally shot in Tiananmen Square for protesting the evils of communism. Even if hate speech is banned in your country, people will still use it, sorry that you can't escape the evils of this world.

Now, I'm going to guess that your best argument against the 1A and free speech is that "hate speech is NOT free speech and is therefore not protected." Well, if my last few sentences above haven't convinced you, then sadly, I cannot fight your delusion for you.

Let's say that you believe that video games such as Grand Theft Auto promote violence and sexist ideologies against women considering the game allows you to "objectify" women and additionally kill
           them (google Anita Sarkeesian). Therefore, the people who produced the game are bigoted and are encouraging misogyny because their entertainment platform allows players to partake in such horrendous actions in a joyful,
           rewarding manner. If we consider this video game to be of an artistic nature and the dialogue contained in it a part of speech, we can therefore label the game and its contents as "hate speech." If
           these opinions were vastly favored among the majority and hate speech was not protected, you could expect a ban on the game and legal repercussions on the development team.

I beg the question: who gets to define what is and is not hate speech? Of course well all know the givens. Is GTA hate speech? My point is all of these things are subjective, and if hate speech were not considered part of free speech in general, the tyrannical majority would silence the minority.

Also: cRPG chat isn't protected legally by the US Constitution, so if you want to practice civil disobedience by spamming racial epithets in chat, you can expect a ban. My personal opinion is that you should be able to type whatever the hell you want considering there is a mute button, but people who have names that are offensive should be forced to change them. Free chat, but restrict names is my ideal compromise.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:45:39 am by Thryn »

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2017, 10:45:07 am »
It does protect all speech equally, but the key point that we need to realize is that it only protects it from government censorship and interference. Additionally there is a bit of dispute even in regards to that. The FCC, for example, utilizes censorship of private media companies and the press. The key thing there, imo, is that it's specific offensive words that are not allowed, but general offensive sentiment is fine. Obviously that's not quite the case here in cRPG as specific offensive words aren't allowed, nor is the general offensive sentiment behind said words. Then again this isn't a democracy. 
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2017, 11:17:39 am »
+2
congratulations on 1000 renown thryn, you deserve it champ

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2017, 02:03:56 pm »

There are a ton of things you would be arrested for saying in america, it just so happens it's mostly only when you're a minority and direct things at the privileged ruling class because the USA is almost as much a capitalist hellhole as China is (which isn't Communist anymore other than in name).

Nice bringing up Anita Sarkeesian also, the person who only makes the most tame, basic of "Feminism 101" videos that STILL sensitive white men cry about. She's completely right about the GTA games normalising and promoting violence and encouraging misogyny(as do MANY forms of media fwiw), she doesn't suggest banning the games, it's very valid critiquing of the developers.

Offline Telford

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 6
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Unionen
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Telford_X | Kalmar_Koenigstiger_II | Kalmar_Windhund_XIV | Kalmar_Silberloewe_II |
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2017, 04:02:30 pm »
+3
Chinese people get Everyone is* butthurt too easy and EU is still dead.

*correction.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:09:13 pm by Telford »

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2017, 04:26:22 pm »
+4
TL:DR Panda made a sick gif that coincided with westwood getting banned from the Chinese server for supporting Taiwan, the results been a nice little shit storm

Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut