Author Topic: sparvico's day in the office  (Read 9555 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: sparvico's day in the office
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 01:10:27 pm »
+7
Wow this passionate plea in defense of free speech has totally changed my opinion on people spamming slurs in chat like they are 10 year olds on xbox live.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 02:54:08 pm »
+1
More people would play if slurs weren't constantly spammed on the server. If people get banned for doing it, blame their own inability to control what they say lol not the rules or admins.
Also if you get banned for doing something you know is against the rules it's utterly shameful to whine about it, which is what all those babies have been doing.

Options
Show Chat [ ] yes  [X] no

I'm afraid I find that assertion hard to believe. "New players" are probably at least from Native or NW or something, and probably even worse people than you would find on NA1. Also, non-enforcement of chat rules (word on the street is that's the new policy outside of CN1?) would cause fewer people to break them because it would probably become less fun and controversial for them.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 03:08:05 pm »
+1
non-enforcement of chat rules (word on the street is that's the new policy outside of CN1?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 03:13:00 pm »
+3
"become less fun and controversial for them." 

wow Im on the internet freedum of speek when i see black people in real life i cross thr street dont ban plz.  my edge is too sharp to handle

(click to show/hide)
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 04:27:27 pm »
+3
Hey this thread was memes! What gives!

Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 07:27:32 pm »
I'm too busy blowing Bill Clinton to read good
That's a really funny meme you did but you need to get yourself some reading comprehension cuckboy

I don't profess to know what exactly goes through the minds of retards I'm just trying to explain to you as best I can the reason people partake in gay, finger-up-ass gags like "friend spam"

Badplayer, the burden of proof is yours when you say "more people would play if slurs weren't constantly spammed on the server." You're making two assumptions, the first being that slurs are constantly spammed on the server, the second that given slur spam; fewer players. Who are these new NA1 players? I guarantee they aren't new to Mount and Blade, if they do exist. Warband has a shitty gutter-dwelling community, granted that cRPG is even more highly concentrated autism, these people are still probably as well inclined towards slurs and slander as any other dumb internet edgelord.

Do you know when slurs are spammed on the server? Once in a blue moon immediately after one guy saying friend or amigo or something gets banned and it becomes a  f u n  a n d  c o n t r o v e r s i a l  game for his mongoloid friends. Consider if you would a different scenario, the original slur slinger says "spic" and nothing happens. In the deafening silence he reflects on his transgression and finds inner peace, never slurring at the Native players again. Sparvico does nothing, the bad man's mongoloid friends do nothing, and the gentle sensibilities of the new players go unmolested.

Wow, what a world, where adults are left well alone to realize their own mistakes. It should be pretty clear at this point that whatever it is you were doing before isn't working (apparently we're still talking about it, after all). Seemed as if you were doing exactly what I'm talking about just a couple days ago so I don't know what you're on about James.

(click to show/hide)
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 07:47:13 pm »
Hoe please I read gravity's rainbow while shitting and faping tu ur moms playboy spread from 1953, then shitting on your moms playboy spread and still knowing that someone who uses slurs with no reaction is just going to keep using them, not have some existential come to god moment and dawning reflection of their own self worth.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 07:52:59 pm »
That's a really funny meme you did but you need to get yourself some reading comprehension cuckboy

I don't profess to know what exactly goes through the minds of retards I'm just trying to explain to you as best I can the reason people partake in gay, finger-up-ass gags like "friend spam"

Badplayer, the burden of proof is yours when you say "more people would play if slurs weren't constantly spammed on the server." You're making two assumptions, the first being that slurs are constantly spammed on the server, the second that given slur spam; fewer players. Who are these new NA1 players? I guarantee they aren't new to Mount and Blade, if they do exist. Warband has a shitty gutter-dwelling community, granted that cRPG is even more highly concentrated autism, these people are still probably as well inclined towards slurs and slander as any other dumb internet edgelord.

Do you know when slurs are spammed on the server? Once in a blue moon immediately after one guy saying friend or amigo or something gets banned and it becomes a  f u n  a n d  c o n t r o v e r s i a l  game for his mongoloid friends. Consider if you would a different scenario, the original slur slinger says "spic" and nothing happens. In the deafening silence he reflects on his transgression and finds inner peace, never slurring at the Native players again. Sparvico does nothing, the bad man's mongoloid friends do nothing, and the gentle sensibilities of the new players go unmolested.

Wow, what a world, where adults are left well alone to realize their own mistakes. It should be pretty clear at this point that whatever it is you were doing before isn't working (apparently we're still talking about it, after all). Seemed as if you were doing exactly what I'm talking about just a couple days ago so I don't know what you're on about James.

(click to show/hide)

The community has been way better when the people who spam slurs get muted/banned, and the only people complaining are the people getting in trouble for it. Really makes you think.

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 07:55:26 pm »
Honestly if an 8 times permabanned dalit such as myself can play for the past few weeks without getting in trouble once, other people have no excuse and are just griefers of the worst calibre- the unfunny kind.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 08:04:49 pm »
+5
Those who're complaining about admins "censoring" their 1A rights forget they're not acting normal, freedom of speech doesn't include being an asshole. New players see toxic players and just leave most of the time, that's one of the reasons I didn't stick with the Merc mod, mostly because it had (and still has) a cancerous community which averages 10 yo at best. I couldn't care less if people say the n word or not, yet I care when those same retards complain they're getting banned for acting retarded. You reap what you sow, don't be an idiot if you don't want a ban. Sure the mod has a low population, but banning trolls is the best way to clean the servers and provide new players a better experience.

tldr : get a fucking grip, don't pour BBQ sauce all over your body and jump into a lion's cage and expect to be alright.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 08:09:13 pm »
+9
Honestly if an 8 times permabanned dalit such as myself can play for the past few weeks without getting in trouble once, other people have no excuse and are just griefers of the worst calibre- the unfunny kind.

Wow! We're so impressed!

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 08:24:20 pm »
+1
Wow! We're so impressed!
over half of your posts read like they're lifted directly from breitbart comment sections. Extremely calm, rational guy here.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2017, 08:26:52 pm »
+3
Those who're complaining about admins "censoring" their 1A rights forget they're not acting normal, freedom of speech doesn't include being an asshole. New players see toxic players and just leave most of the time, that's one of the reasons I didn't stick with the Merc mod, mostly because it had (and still has) a cancerous community which averages 10 yo at best. I couldn't care less if people say the n word or not, yet I care when those same retards complain they're getting banned for acting retarded. You reap what you sow, don't be an idiot if you don't want a ban. Sure the mod has a low population, but banning trolls is the best way to clean the servers and provide new players a better experience.

tldr : get a fucking grip, don't pour BBQ sauce all over your body and jump into a lion's cage and expect to be alright.

I think you are kidding yourself if you actually believe there are any new players here, and even more delusional if you think they are quitting because someone spammed slurs in chat, they are far more likely to quit because of ranged bundle of stickss like you. I can't think of one online gaming community that isn't full of toxic idiots spamming offensive shit in chat.

Mercs usually has a higher population than crpg, is it because of the superior gameplay? I don't think so.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2017, 08:27:47 pm »
+1
freedom of speech doesn't include being an asshole.

lolwat

New players see toxic players and just leave most of the time, that's one of the reasons I didn't stick with the Merc mod, mostly because it had (and still has) a cancerous community which averages 10 yo at best. I couldn't care less if people say the n word or not, yet I care when those same retards complain they're getting banned for acting retarded. You reap what you sow, don't be an idiot if you don't want a ban. Sure the mod has a low population, but banning trolls is the best way to clean the servers and provide new players a better experience.

Mercenaries EU peak: 150 players
cRPG EU peak: 20 players

great argument bro lmao

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2017, 08:28:33 pm »
I was about to tell that communist dicksuck Archicuck that adults are talking but clearly that would have been a mistake. "Really makes you think" are you alluding to my colorful ban record? I know, I'm a bad boy.

I said nothing about the First Amendment and no, guaranteed free speech actually does include being an asshole unless we're talking about libel, slander, or restriction of commerce or daily life (the usual yelling fire shtick). If you'd like to learn more about that please ask the Supreme Court. Real talk, the obsession many people have these days with saying dumbshit things and then making the issue about freedom of speech probably bothers me more than it does you, as I believe it makes a mockery of the God given rights which I hold sacred and is a distraction from actual issues, like cutting taxes and building more bombs.

All I've been saying is that if your goal is server population a more nuanced approach to the perceived problem will do you better. You said that x causes player population loss and that you'd ban as many players as need be until x stops, when from what I've seen on NA1 it's the banning that perpetuates x anyhow. I also said you should begin your reign of terror and start permabanning actual troublemakers, so you really should have calmed down in any case.