Author Topic: We complain about not having good fights  (Read 6299 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: We complain about not having good fights
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2014, 07:59:41 pm »
+1
Except it's not sad. It just makes a quicker game progression to the type of game we want to play. It's not so that we all ally and get together 3 months and shit on the rest of the map. It's so that in 2 months we will actually be capable of having battles that we think are fun... and no amount of your whinging is going to convince us that trying to pursue our idea of fun is the wrong thing to do.

Oh, and Krosis wasn't really a Chaos member. Golden Apple Corps and Chaos were two separate things. Mala was never in GOBBLINS. Neither was Xol.

We have no alliances. The only declared diplomacy we have is that the Gforce Mafia is our "spergprotectorate" because I think they're hilarious and don't want to see them wiped off the map. That's it.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2014, 08:00:51 pm »
+5
Gforce was around last strat and now consists of many of its members being made up of a huge chunck of chaos members who were gobblin vassals last strat.

LOL

Gobblins had been around for months before the end of strat and consisted of FUPA, Chaos, and others and had "vassalized" astralis, Occitan, and others - all clans around for quite a while.  Occitan was also around at that time as the other large faction.  Not one of these 3 factions merc against each other in the AI fights but are mercing in many of the other ai fights where the 3 largest factions are not involved.

Maybe the people who are already at war are interested in trying to keep things parallel and don't want to rock the boat against other uninvolved large factions over something stupid when people are still in the process of drawing their fiefs from the neutral pool. What we have now is people unconcerned with defending the neutral villages against factions who are going to take them whether people are signed up or not. It may be unfortunate that the biggest factions don't see heavier ticket losses while staking their claims, but I think connecting dots and reading into what people are going to do this early on is moot.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2014, 08:01:50 pm »
Terribly sorry gobblecocks but if you want to kill AI so quickly then why merc against hosp and any of these other smaller factions?

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2014, 08:04:01 pm »
+1
THEYRE AT WAR WITH HOSPITALLERS

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »
+1
Except it's not sad. It just makes a quicker game progression to the type of game we want to play. It's not so that we all ally and get together 3 months and shit on the rest of the map. It's so that in 2 months we will actually be capable of having battles that we think are fun... and no amount of your whinging is going to convince us that trying to pursue our idea of fun is the wrong thing to do.

I would agree with that if it wasnt exclusively for these 3 largest factions and it causes a cascade - if you don't lose troops taking ai village you get to take another and then another and then another so only 3 large factions really get to play killing off smaller factions making the game stale and boring - yes, even for these large factions who have no one to fight since they wont fight each other.  Its exactly the stupid shit that happened in EU and made it boring months before NA got stale and really hope we don't get stuck with that in NA - but you are working well on track to do that.

Maybe the people who are already at war are interested in trying to keep things parallel and don't want to rock the boat against other uninvolved large factions over something stupid when people are still in the process of drawing their fiefs from the neutral pool. What we have now is people unconcerned with defending the neutral villages against factions who are going to take them whether people are signed up or not. It may be unfortunate that the biggest factions don't see heavier ticket losses while staking their claims, but I think connecting dots and reading into what people are going to do this early on is moot.

The funny thing is Chaos was one of the worst abusers of this stupidity in strat 3 - where if you signed up against them it was like some kind of act of war with 50 v 7, while everybody else was having real fights against the ai villages.  With the anonymous feature we shouldn't be having this, but sadly banners still show up.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:07:27 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2014, 08:05:53 pm »
+1
THEYRE AT WAR WITH HOSPITALLERS
IF IT WERE JUST HOSP THATD BE COOL BUT IT REALLY ISNT IF YOU INSIST ILL GO AND GET SCREENCAPS

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2014, 08:06:21 pm »
+2
Because I think inconveniencing Hospitaller is really funny because they are very emotionally reactive to video games as demonstrated by Gforce Mafia's recent video. I will get personal pleasure out of it knowing that they might get upset.

Kesh still hasn't mentioned Acre in this. You know I'm friends with James right? And that I signed up for Acre on their attack? Surely Acre is just another part of this mega-alliance right, you daft douche? Surely Acre, Occitan, The M8S, the GOBBLINS, and the Gforce Mafia are all in a coalition to get each other every fief and then become the French GOBBLIN M8s Mafia of Acre.

You are convincing me that you are literally autistic.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2014, 08:10:03 pm »

You are convincing me that you are literally autistic.

Exactly what I was thinking of you - how many times do you have to make weak arguments backed by insults and no real evidence like some of us have posted showing the battle rosters before you look in the mirror and see your own autism daruvian.  Great - you have a bunch of spergy friends on the internet coming from that lame ass gaming group that live to troll and wreck games, you must be right.

You win the autistic race! Congrats!  3 stars for you! I give up - I'm going to work.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2014, 08:10:49 pm »
+6
lmao

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2014, 08:12:22 pm »
+2
I'll spell it out for you Kesh here-

There are people who play this game and like each other as people, not just for c-RPG related things (a hard to understand concept for you I know).
Then there are people who are unliked not just because of c-RPG things, but because they are awful people, point in case you.

Hospitaller are a clan of people massively disliked, people sign up against them because they don't like them as people, they are awful.
People sign up for (or don't sign up against) clans like Occitan because they are full of cool people.

Just because people don't want to put their personal opinions aside for Fucking AI Fiefs does not mean they are all allied together, get a grip.

I'm not sure if Occitan are cool people, but since I can't understand them most of the time, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2014, 08:14:03 pm »
+1
Incoming announcement for the sake of the community, stand by.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2014, 08:18:33 pm »
+1
Kesh, Gforce was one guy who made some funny posts about Remnant.  I happened to see him on the strat map, unarmed and he had not even recruited a single troop.  I took him out, but I think it's safe to say that they did not participate in Strat 4.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2014, 08:28:46 pm »
+1
In my infinite KINGLY wisdom I have seen only one solution to solve the issue this thread has presented us with, in order to create a better society:

http://forum.melee.org/diplomacy/the-gobblin-empire-announces-new-kgb-task-force/

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2014, 08:29:24 pm »
+3
I would agree with that if it wasnt exclusively for these 3 largest factions and it causes a cascade - if you don't lose troops taking ai village you get to take another and then another and then another so only 3 large factions really get to play killing off smaller factions making the game stale and boring - yes, even for these large factions who have no one to fight since they wont fight each other.  Its exactly the stupid shit that happened in EU and made it boring months before NA got stale and really hope we don't get stuck with that in NA - but you are working well on track to do that.

If that's the case why don't you try to advocate people not signing up against small clans, if that's where your interests really lie. Either way you slice it they're going to be behind on resources no matter who's signing/not signing up for whomever.

The funny thing is Chaos was one of the worst abusers of this stupidity in strat 3 - where if you signed up against them it was like some kind of act of war with 50 v 7, while everybody else was having real fights against the ai villages.  With the anonymous feature we shouldn't be having this, but sadly banners still show up.

You are literally making the dumbest assumptions. We were really, really disappointed that nobody signed up against us in those battles. For fuck's sake, we broke a truce we made with Hospitaller later that same strat by 10~ of us signing up to defend some castle simply because we didn't feel it was fair that they were going to get thousands of tickets because nobody signs up for neutral castles.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2014, 08:36:32 pm »
+6
Kesh has become cRPG's very own version of Alex Jones.  Look out for the strategus illuminati, the dangerous shadow government controlling the GOBBLIN LCO Acre GFORCE M8 alliance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus