Author Topic: remove night in crpg please  (Read 2459 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: remove night in crpg please
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 09:28:13 pm »
remove knight in crpg please
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 10:23:06 pm »
I like night, fog of war, and rain occasionally. I like how they completely change how some maps play out. Like the others, rain should just be cosmetic imo.

I never felt like they changed how maps are played, the only thing i feel they've done is rain gimping some builds, and night making me turn up gamma to 500% so i dont have to strain my eyes trying to follow swords in the dark.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 11:00:33 pm »
+1
Rain has always sucked for ranged and agi builds, period. Nighttime however is just an eyesore for everyone. It isn't as significant a change as fog is that it can change how maps are played, it is simply an inconvenience for those who go and turn up their brightness or those who just squint through it. Fog and sand/cheetoh dust are pretty cool in my opinion. They don't appear as often as nighttime, so on the rare occasion that they do appear, the severe limiting of visibility is a neat gameplay change. Few things are better than seeing a normally straightforward and boring open field map turn into a game of manhunt. I've witnessed and participated in countless clutches due to fog where one team has maybe 4 guys who are sticking together slowly hunting down the scattered 10 enemies... fun times. The only thing that ruins fog for me is the all-to-common "random" arrow that comes out of nowhere and hits you in the head. I really wish bushes/fog couldn't be disabled client-side...

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 12:29:53 am »
+4
I agree, remove brain and knight from crpg.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 06:37:07 am »
+2
I honestly do not see why everyone hates night time, I can see just as well as daytime except the sky is a different color
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 08:20:27 am »

Offline txusdechamberi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • QSAB
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the faction of life and love
  • Game nicks: 700ml, Worry_sonof_Sorry
  • IRC nick: what is this?
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 11:57:43 am »
my only complain is the ilumination of the maps at night. maybe placing to many lights would fuck the performance?
"Yo tengo un moco y me lo saco poco a poco; lo redondeo y lo miro con deseo; me lo como, y como sabe a poco; saco otro y vuelvo a empezar..."

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 02:36:17 pm »
+3

Offline Sir_Senior_the_Eldest

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Sir_Senior_the_Eldest, Son_Sonsonsonson
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 03:14:21 pm »
+1
I agree, remove brain and knight from crpg.

and fog off, Bronto :wink:
I have a dream that one day this mod will rise up, and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all classes are created equal.’

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2015, 04:39:57 pm »
Rain has always sucked for ranged and agi builds, period. Nighttime however is just an eyesore for everyone. It isn't as significant a change as fog is that it can change how maps are played, it is simply an inconvenience for those who go and turn up their brightness or those who just squint through it. Fog and sand/cheetoh dust are pretty cool in my opinion. They don't appear as often as nighttime, so on the rare occasion that they do appear, the severe limiting of visibility is a neat gameplay change. Few things are better than seeing a normally straightforward and boring open field map turn into a game of manhunt. I've witnessed and participated in countless clutches due to fog where one team has maybe 4 guys who are sticking together slowly hunting down the scattered 10 enemies... fun times. The only thing that ruins fog for me is the all-to-common "random" arrow that comes out of nowhere and hits you in the head. I really wish bushes/fog couldn't be disabled client-side...

I do like fog a lot, especially when its at its thickest. That can change the game up quite a bit.

Aspect of the game, diversity etc. Quit nerfing, buff instead

Random?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 06:15:44 pm »
As said before in this thread, fog is fine, occasional rain is good, but night time is just terrible. With shadows on, HDR on, realistic textures pack installed I have hard time seeing the faster and darker weapons and it adds absolutely nothing to the game. Real night time with fire arrows and cool lighting effects could actually look gorgeous, but what we have right now just looks like shit. Just remove it completely and keep the other two settings which actually add something to the gameplay. But please make rain more rare, surely not every map is located on the British Isles?

Offline Lord Camulos

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader of Acre
  • Game nicks: Camulos
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 06:20:13 pm »
+2
Night and rain makes the game more fun.. Battles were not only fought on bright sunny days.
For Honor.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 08:44:18 pm »
+4

Yo I only ever have time to play computer games at night. I never have the lights on. Dark room gaming for life.

Snow maps kill my eyes. Night has never made me squint or given me headaches I can see fine etc.

Embrace the Darkness, y'all.  :twisted: hail satan

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 04:32:57 pm »
+3
As said before in this thread, fog is fine, occasional rain is good, but night time is just terrible. With shadows on, HDR on, realistic textures pack installed I have hard time seeing the faster and darker weapons and it adds absolutely nothing to the game.

Downloads stuff for realism

complains about night being too dark and hard to see

my brain
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway