Author Topic: Wrench & Car Mechanic Simulator 2018  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Wrench & Car Mechanic Simulator 2018
« on: June 30, 2020, 11:05:15 am »
Has anyone any experience of these two games? I'm gonna start restoring an old saab with my brother but I know jack squat when it comes to cars. Are these types of games useful at all for learning? Obviously you can't replicate the 'feel', but you should be able to learn pretty quickly about all sorts of parts right?

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Wrench & Car Mechanic Simulator 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 12:59:18 pm »
bruh

These games make cars look simple and parts easy to get to, and like you can do everything with a wrench and screwdriver. Reality is, cars are a big mess under the hood, everything is covered in dirt, and there are lots of unconventional ways in which the parts are connected and how to get to them. You'd have to take apart like a hundred different cars to be able to tackle one without a manual. Haynes Manuals are your bible, or you can look up exactly what you need to do on youtube. Mechanic simulators don't teach you shit, except maybe that it's easy to forget something and then you have to repeat the whole job.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 02:07:04 pm »
Haynes Manuals are your bible

Thanks for the tip. Obviously I don't expect much in the way of learning how to actually do stuff, that's what my brother is there for, but like I said, was thinking more in the sense of parts and all that. I know where the oil filter is on my car, that's about it.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 01:00:30 am »
+1
Just jump in amd start taking everything apart.  Also lose all the nuts and bolts.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 511
  • Infamy: 2677
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 01:16:23 am »
lol

taking apart something with more than 5 screws without preparation and taking notes usually turns into a complete disaster

now imagine the complex machine with 1000s of parts

take pictures, take notes, draw and write everything you do never rely on your memory

people who can do it on their own did it 10000 times and it turned into a basic routine for them.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 02:35:48 am »
Can you smack your knuckles til they bleed on numerous different nuts and bolts you are trying to remove or replace til you get so mad you throw your wrench threw the windshield in either of those games?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die