Author Topic: Was ist dein Lieblingfilm?  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2281
  • Infamy: 1947
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Was ist dein Lieblingfilm?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 01:41:04 am »
He speaks better German than most supermarket cashiers in Vienna

Thats because supermarket cashiers in Vienna only speak Turkish...

Wasnt easy communicating when I went out to buy groceries but it was better than trying to communicate with Hungarian house cleaners. Hey, at least grabbing a ride was easy, every bus driver in Vienna is from Yugoslavia.

Most Austrians I saw were made of stone.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2019, 02:53:03 am »
Most Austrians I saw were made of stone.

Just read a few days ago in tram that vienna was voted again as one of the most unfriendly cities
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 668
  • Infamy: 1833
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2019, 05:01:13 am »
+2
Was talking about stone statues but yes, people of Vienna are blind to others. Saw a dude riding an office chair down the street, no one cared. Not sure is such level of being indifferent good or bad. Its the opposite of typical village folks who can't help but put their nose in other people's private matters.

For someone coming from Belgrade which is a very intense city, Vienna seemed too sterile, almost boring. Couldn't shake the feeling that everything works and people are chill and they go to sleep early, shops close early, days go by and you can't get a valid reason to yell at someone for being a complete idiot. Nobody tried to mug me, to con me, to run me over with a car, there were no mean police officers arresting drug dealers in broad daylight or remnants of bombed SUV on nearby parking lot, hungry stray dogs hunting pigeons as I cross the street etc. Like a different planet. Belgrade is too much like Baltimore, MA for me to feel at home in Vienna.

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2019, 06:47:32 am »
Ppl are indifferent to each other in all crowded cities,that’s kinda normal.That’s one of the reasons why i hate my city Istanbul too.All ameritards thinks eu is different planet leshma because they gotta fkin walk to where they wanna go,take a subway,a bus etc. Instead of going with their cars.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2019, 01:07:04 pm »
Yeah read about that "Most unfriendly city" too and its misleading since people aren't unfriendly, they're just not as chatty as in other countries.

People here are friendly and very helpful, but they aren't talkative. Austrians are very withdrawn and xenophobic in general, but if you're a tourist and ask them something, they'll open up and will be more than happy to help. If you start talking with a random stranger about anything in America, he'll gladly join the smalltalk, if you do that in Austria, people will kinda answer but also think "wtf why does that guy talk to me like that I dont know him". As long as you don't need help with something or are in an area that invites to talk to people (like at the moment the christmas market), its kinda unpolite; people like to let others bother with their own stuff. If you want to talk to people you go to places like pubs, markets, etc which are "dedicated" for that. It's kinda nice because if lets you choose if you want to socialize or be unbothered, I understand that it's an odd experience for people who don't live here.

I guess a big part is also the classic viennese humor, which consists of nagging about something in a half-serious-half-comedic matter with lots of (self-)irony and cynism, called "Wiener-Schmäh" and it being misunderstood by people from outside. People like to rant a lot and not really mean it.

All in all I think when most people here heard that Vienna is one of the most unfriendly cities they were like "Hahaha. Good :D"

Also, talking about people being made out of stone: go to Salzburg, people there are even more withdrawn, and I say that as a native of Salzburg. Not unfriendly though, just not very easy to start conversations with. I'm slowly starting to understand why the Japanese like us so much and visit so often, we're pretty similar when it comes to personal distance and politeness in public.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 01:17:16 pm by Ikarus »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nickleback

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2019, 06:07:15 pm »
i would like to see your wiener "schmah" ikarus,my friend told me ;(he studied there for 2 years).ppl were so open they would have sexual intercourse on the p.transportation.Is that correct or a fable?i would like to come and test firsthand,i mean first wiener schmah.ğ

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 05:41:09 pm »
you wouldn't believe how open some, uh, special people here are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhwKy1xtel4#t=41m28s
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nickleback

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2019, 09:17:31 pm »
fkin awesome,i am feeling more osterreicher than a turk goddamn it is awesome.ıts like haven pplö are so vool with it

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 02:21:43 am »
+4
you wouldn't believe how open some, uh, special people here are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhwKy1xtel4#t=41m28s