Wipe characters only
4 (3.4%)
Other (please post your suggestion)
4 (3.4%)
No, leave it as it is
42 (35.9%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 11, 2018, 12:36:44 pm

Author Topic: Its time for a wipe.  (Read 7461 times)

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
Re: Its time for a wipe.
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2018, 07:12:01 pm »
+4
Wiping won't save the mod, I don't think anything can. Boredom and repetition will kill it again even after a wipe, although it might give it a life boost for a few months.
I'm neither for or against at this point, I grinded 10 +3s that I like and wouldn't really want to have to grind again, then again, they are useless now anyway when the only time I can use them is on dtv alongside afina and a handful of other lobotomized retards.

I barely have any inclination to load up crpg, it's boring after 8 years. Frankly I just want to keep my crpg clan alive long enough that we can transition over to bonerlord smoothly.

I'm glad that the NA sector is alive and you guys are still enjoying the mod, us euros however really need something... anything to breathe some life back into us.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2018, 07:43:28 pm »
+2
voted yes because i only rarely am amused by populations of 20-40 players and long for the good ole' days which obviously aren't coming back

BUT i also never got to experience TRU peasanthood because i was a year or two late to the mod. this is my last chance, and if the remedy of a wipe kills the patient of cRPG it won't really bother me personally

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2018, 08:21:14 pm »
+1
in seriousness yes that idea is 100% possible and would take less than 10 minutes to implement. not that it will or won't happen, just saying that it is very easy to do

Also we need Battle Royale server ...all spawn naked, looting ....   8-)

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2018, 08:36:34 pm »
+1
BUT i also never got to experience TRU peasanthood because i was a year or two late to the mod. this is my last chance

Sadly with current xp and gold system peasant wars would last a grand total of 15 minutes.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2018, 11:14:17 pm »
+8
wiping won't solve the problem at all, looms really are not that much of a problem. its the skill difference between the incoming noobs and the sperg veterans. only thing a wipes gonna do is make the people that already do play not want to come back and start from fresh.

im pretty sure all of us would be able to kill and get killed at the same rate whether or not youre using loomed items.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Trace_Legacy

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2018, 11:43:49 pm »
Same fate awaits you as in OKAM :cry:
Just wait for Bannerlord.  :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1586
  • Infamy: 723
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2018, 12:22:09 am »
+1
Dear American capitalist swines,

If your server is showing signs of life and European server is ghost town then best course of action would be to finally unplug empty European server from database and keep playing on NA1. Don't fix what isn't broken, but if something is truly broken then take out the trash.

Your developers, your call. Europoors have no influence anymore and you shouldn't have to listen to them.

This message was signed and approved by Communism Vlad,
Emperor of the White Nation Sanctuary

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2018, 01:39:11 am »
+1
giving a level 33 is just a bit ridiculous, you wanna make it like world of warcraft where you get a free level 100 without doing the content before that?

get the grind on from level 1, make ladders of people that are the highest level / gen and make it seem like a competition.
People wanting to nuke everything to 0 just so they can get the devs to nuke everything is ridiculous. If I have to start from lvl 0 again I will definately quit. If they do do a wipe I agree with kratos give everyone a lvl 35 character from the get go and make it locked so it cant be retired for 20 loompoints. I dont understand why this would bother you if all that is REALLY WANTED is EVERYONE ON EQUAL FOOTING?

On another totally unrelated topic Professor why do I have 20 of each kind of broken brigandine Armors, rus shoes etc in my inventory on Asheram and Skillless? At first I thought maybe it was a bug with high levels But Runs with Scissors is the same level as Skillless and his stuff is normal.

Actually Runs with Scissors isnt normal either, he doesn't have a bunch of stuff he never bought, but he doesn't have the +3 surgeons coat and +3 Rapier anymore either.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:51:49 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2018, 01:54:01 am »
+4
On another totally unrelated topic Professor why do I have 20 of each kind of broken brigandine Armors, rus shoes etc in my inventory on Asheram and Skillless? At first I thought maybe it was a bug with high levels But Runs with Scissors is the same level as Skillless and his stuff is normal.

Actually Runs with Scissors isnt normal either, he doesn't have a bunch of stuff he never bought, but he doesn't have the +3 surgeons coat and +3 Rapier anymore either.
just close your eyes, it'll go back to normal soon
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2018, 02:15:26 am »
Dear American capitalist swines,

If your server is showing signs of life and European server is ghost town then best course of action would be to finally unplug empty European server from database and keep playing on NA1. Don't fix what isn't broken, but if something is truly broken then take out the trash.

Your developers, your call. Europoors have no influence anymore and you shouldn't have to listen to them.

This message was signed and approved by Communism Vlad,
Emperor of the White Nation Sanctuary

remember kids if Leshma said it it's probably be totally wrong and mental
Turtles

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2018, 02:48:37 am »

a bona fide statement, but a reminder that no one needs

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1260
  • Infamy: 810
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2018, 02:58:48 am »

honestly, i wouldn't know about any of this, haven't touched crpg in four years or so.

waiting till professor gets a first full time job after he earns his degree so i can ask him to share, by then achieved cprg code, so i can look at it and wonder why i spent thousands of hours playing it in the past.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2018, 07:55:11 am »
+6
If there's a wipe you absolutely need to rebalance most equipment. Especially armour weight. Make the game feel different again. There's no point in wiping if the meta stays exactly the same.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Jaytjuh

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • strategus mastermind theologian
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Avenge
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2018, 01:09:05 pm »
If there's a wipe you absolutely need to rebalance most equipment. Especially armour weight. Make the game feel different again. There's no point in wiping if the meta stays exactly the same.

most retarded thing ive heard, there was a time where 2h heroes were praised in updates, now it is xbows, the game is different by every update.

Or you are just too bad to realise it.

Offline Bugnir

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Scum of Caladria
  • Game nicks: Bugnir
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2018, 12:47:49 pm »
+4
Instead of wiping levels and gold how about we just remove the shop and force everyone to equip Lederhosens, pitchforks and stones?