Poll

Should we risk to remove DTV  to populate EU1?

Yes
36 (36%)
No
45 (45%)
Everyone has every human right to do whatever they want blah blah blah...
19 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Remove DTV  (Read 6235 times)

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
Re: Remove DTV
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2018, 02:31:50 am »
+3
Take a risk, mod is dying again, remove DTV and force people to play EU1, i have no issue losing those 20-30 players playing on DTV, i dont know them anyway.
I can suggest them to go play Invasion or some other braindead mod for them.

Do it

EU7 is only server where you can have fun now. On eu1 you constantly get shoot by op ranged, (2 shoots to the body under 55 armor and you are dead), balance is shit, tons of ranged, boring shiters who run away with 9 ath and xbow just because they can. Keep xbow 1 shooting people under 35 body armor to the body, infinite ammuntion for ranged, low STR requirements on xbows, STR whores with longbows and you wont see any people on eu1 expect them. Its already dead, thanks to shitty balancers who prefer to pew pew with their xbows instead of make this game fun not only for ranged players. Also not updating servers after patch is something that I dont understand, I heard that someone couldnt join the game because of it so, why you cant appoint one day to upload the patch and then update servers?(question for Professor).

Anyway have fun getting shoot in CRPG GO. And dont try to take only fun for melee/cav players who are boring of this pew pew bs that balancers serve to us.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2018, 02:53:12 am »
+4
I never found seige more fun than battle but I did find it more fun than DTV.

You are minority who likes Eu1  over Eu2. Trust me its like on every mod, Native,Mercs,NW and long ago on cRPG, more ppl always used to play EU2/Siege compared to Eu1/Battle.Simply cos even if thye would make a mistake or die by range they would respawn and not have to wait 10 mins for new spawn and to get randomly couched by my old friend cav.

thats my 2cent.

FLAG FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGG
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2018, 03:40:15 am »
You are minority who likes Eu1  over Eu2. Trust me its like on every mod, Native,Mercs,NW and long ago on cRPG, more ppl always used to play EU2/Siege compared to Eu1/Battle.Simply cos even if thye would make a mistake or die by range they would respawn and not have to wait 10 mins for new spawn and to get randomly couched by my old friend cav.

thats my 2cent.

FLAG FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGG
I guess I am just a special case as I like native battle server over tdm or seige too.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2018, 04:50:36 am »
+1
i guess so, even on native most populated servers are sieges :)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2018, 06:04:59 am »
Anyway have fun getting shoot in CRPG GO. And dont try to take only fun for melee/cav players who are boring of this pew pew bs that balancers serve to us.

Im not sure you understand what game youre playing, have you tried native warband? Ranged is about as gimped as it gets without being turned into a complete non-threat. This isnt what the balancers serve us, this is what the game serves us, the balancers have just tried to cater to the crying melee while not actually completely shunning away the ranged audience.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2018, 09:40:53 am »
+3
Remove Eu1 to populate eu2 xD (im honest)

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2018, 02:26:16 pm »
+1
Im not sure you understand what game youre playing, have you tried native warband? Ranged is about as gimped as it gets without being turned into a complete non-threat. This isnt what the balancers serve us, this is what the game serves us, the balancers have just tried to cater to the crying melee while not actually completely shunning away the ranged audience.

I ve never seen you on native and I played in some tournaments. I know how bs ranged is there as well, but in mod it can be changed. I dont play native when crpg is "alive" because its boring and unplayable for infantry there, and infantry is that what I love to play :
https://clips.twitch.tv/PleasantCoyWatermelonFreakinStinkin

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2018, 03:51:51 pm »
+4

bossiest gif ever wtf :'D
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2018, 04:02:33 pm »
I have mixed views on this.

Cant see the point of going online to fight bots, but learning to fight humans is tough and humiliating. I thought I was awesome after playing single player and destroying best bots, finding I was a total scrub was a shock.

If people who couldnt play DTV would go to EU1 and stay great, but a few rounds of death to ranged/cav/ganks and solo guys who are running alone because guess what they are bloody good and I cant see them staying. In addition I have found playing solo to be almost pointless on EU1.

Of course some guys who are good go to DTV just to grind but ffs get a life.

As for teamwork if thats really the case DTV guys form a clan and teamwork together versus opponents that are more adaptable than a lampost.

In the end I dont think getting rid of DTV will achieve anything, its an almost completely separate game.

PS Siege rules, no cav/ranged spam lots of melee. I miss EU2.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2018, 04:04:48 pm »
I ve never seen you on native and I played in some tournaments. I know how bs ranged is there as well, but in mod it can be changed. I dont play native when crpg is "alive" because its boring and unplayable for infantry there, and infantry is that what I love to play :
https://clips.twitch.tv/PleasantCoyWatermelonFreakinStinkin

Unplayable? Was that a infantry only tournament then? If you want a infantry only game you can probably find that elsewhere, are there no native infantry only servers, or are they as dead as the crpg ones used to be?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2018, 04:34:37 pm »
+2
Removing DTV won't work. DTV players don't play EU1 for a reason, which is getting demolished by every sperglord veteran in the server, let it be ranged, 2h or cav. What MIGHT work is happy hour(only for EU2, maybe?) and Prof is already working on it, so stay tuned™. However imo the chances of grindy elements reviving the mod is smaller than when we first ranted about wipe (sorry not sorry about bring this up once again, as we all can see everything leads back to this question), since Strat was alive for 1-2 months and people had enormous amounts of exp in this period, many people completed their builds. Plus the fact that EU1 is not fun at all as a melee player, combined with level 33-34 archers in every corner, I see the point of people not playing the mod. However I believe we should be good when Strat reset + Happy Hour changes are completed.

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2018, 06:28:59 pm »
Unplayable? Was that a infantry only tournament then? If you want a infantry only game you can probably find that elsewhere, are there no native infantry only servers, or are they as dead as the crpg ones used to be?

playing with the same stats and eq over and over is boring to be honest, thats why I prefer crpg. You could met different opponents not only left spam 1h players here ;) but now only players who play on eu1 are ranged so there is no point of playing this game anymore.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2018, 06:35:00 pm »
+4
remove DTV and force people to play EU1
that wouldn't result in players switching to EU1, but less people playing crpg overall. Some people simply enjoy it, taking it away because "it's stupid and I don't like it" is ignorant and a terrible idea

Not that much of a DTV fan myself but I remember how it was able to keep some people playing crpg last autumn before some patches lured in new people, DTV got more and more people and finally they poured over to EU1. Then ppl heard about the bigger patch and lots of old players came back. Overall, it's pretty much the ignition plug for EU1 if the population is low.
It's really hard to get some population together on EU1 when there's 7 people and 5 of them are ranged or even HA (so if you're ranged, do other ppl the favor and just play as melee until there's 15+ ppl, please)

Also, DTV is good for beginners to get used to the, as they often say, "floaty" movement and overall mechanics of cRPG, and let's be fair, EU1 is an absolute shithole for newcomers. EU2 would be ideal for newbies but we simply don't have enough people for that anymore since the game is just old
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:44:11 pm by Ikarus »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2018, 06:37:49 pm »
+4
I agree DTV is the best option for low population cRPG. It can be played with even 1 player and will slowly build population. Then when the group wipes generally if there are enough people they can hop over to battle and get that server started.

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2018, 06:43:34 pm »
I agree DTV is the best option for low population cRPG. It can be played with even 1 player and will slowly build population. Then when the group wipes generally if there are enough people they can hop over to battle and get that server started.

and die to ranged spam and then quit :D