Author Topic: Thank You Gentleman  (Read 4570 times)

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
Thank You Gentleman
« on: February 04, 2018, 12:55:12 am »
+21
I enjoyed playing crpg again for two months. It started slow but right now, wow. The amount of ranged players raised from day to day. I have to constantly watch my players GTX. The only reason I can stand that shit for more than 5 minutes is some beer  :mrgreen: . But that is no long term solution I gues^^.

I just want to make u guys aware that u kill the mod. Once again. 2 years ago it was the throwers and trollers. Today it is the archers and crossbows

The mods population raised fast, got high. And kept there. Then it fell slowly, but consitent.

Get a shield, get over it, crybaby. That's what you're called when saying anything about it. I think I played this shit long enough to consider this to be fatal. There is a point when Balancers and Admins can't do shit anymore.

I remember being on a completely open field map two days ago. I was like "omg fuck this no way to do good here". Someone mentioned he remembers someone going 50:1 here. HOW. How was he able to do that? As a melee. Nowadays u can be stronger than any other melee, but still get rekt if u're unlucky. It is not about ranged being too op. There were ranged. And good ones. OMG. They dominated servers on their own, but the moment they were outplayed they got rekt. I'm leading battles since I am 14. There is no way melee can outplay ranged in anyway if the ranged are too many. 

And to you dear Athelar. You did the exact oposite of what you were supposed to do. Bring closer maps so people can get cover. What happened? 50% of the maps are open field now. GJ. Not saying I don't appreciate the try, but dood u 100% failed. I understand everyone playing EU7 right now even though I never did.

I'm gonna join the strat battles, but holy fuck as long as u guys keep that up Im not trying to get players to play and neither am I playing on my own. (Only I got atleast 10 old players to play actively again)

Edit: I know I'm pretty hated in this community and I will get a shitton of downvotes here probably, but maybe some of u will be encouraged to make the mod environment playable again. PLZ don't let it die again.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:09:35 am by BlackxBird »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Thank You Gentleman
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 01:04:54 am »
If you only playing strat now then can I have that mw I gave you back to replace that mw you gave me when you gave all your stuff away? :D
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 01:05:33 am »
If you only playing strat now then can I have that mw I gave you back to replace that mw you gave me when you gave all your stuff away? :D

I need mw things to play some duels before the strat battles start sorry :(  :mrgreen:

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 01:06:37 am »
+1
Was just kidding I know you will be back.  :D
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 02:52:48 am »
+2
+1
Bros never die!

Offline illogical

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • 100 Ping User
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Union, Teutonic Order
  • Game nicks: T_Yakety_Sax_savesiege
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 07:38:44 am »
+2
I play holy Siege all years, but players are gone. I started playing gay shiet mode Battle and I'm used to it. Game changes in small things, but it remains itself.
Be a man, man.
#savesiege

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 08:03:27 am »
+15
I'm leading battles since I am 14.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I know I'm pretty hated in this community
I don't think anyone around here hates angry german kids.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 08:16:05 am »
+1

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:26:17 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Noone will miss you
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 02:16:02 pm »
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/new-map-rotation-(eu1)/

He changes map rotation just one week ago, and was changing the rotation again based on player feedback.

Get over yourself and stop being a dick to the people trying to keep cRPG going.

LOL I don't feel like a dick to say what is true. I mean I kept crpg going for some months and was insulted all of the time.. Making two battles a day and eventually not even being banned was sad but fuck it.

If there are no people QQing and troublemaking here, why would there be a balancing team? Why would there be an developer if everything was fine?

I don't think anyone around here hates angry german kids.

That's 7 years ago fyi :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:36:59 pm by BlackxBird »

Offline fetus

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • some random turk idk
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 02:27:25 pm »
+2
"If you cant beat them, join them."

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 02:50:21 pm »
+1
i got on NA1 last night for some the normal shits and giggelry but out of like the 24 people on the server, probably 15 had crossbows BUT the funniest part is; out of those 15, maybe 6 or 7 were dedicated crossbowmen. the rest were just the normal melee crowd bringing around crossbows to fuck around. like really. it IS actually ruining the fun. the only reason i have ever alt-f4'd crpg and retired for the night is when there is ranged malaria like that

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 02:52:53 pm »
+2
Just try bringing back EU2 with Happy Hours n stuff, or make EU1 only changing between battle and siege every few days. I'm sure this would work out just fine. See retarded Mercenaries mod for example (been saying that for 2 years now and I know they're working on HH).
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 04:54:07 pm »
+1

And to you dear Athelar. You did the exact oposite of what you were supposed to do. Bring closer maps so people can get cover. What happened? 50% of the maps are open field now. GJ. Not saying I don't appreciate the try, but dood u 100% failed. I understand everyone playing EU7 right now even though I never did.

Dear Blackbird,

I'm aware of this issue, and I might've said a few times that the map rotation list isn't final, it's still under development. The thing is, there has never been as much ranged as there is now. It's like players just took advantage of open maps and changed class to ranged to feel OP once. Unfortunately, I can not update the server as often as I would, until Professor is done with his exams. (hopefully soon)

I think the main problem here is the autobalance, that seems to be putting 80% of ranged on the same team. This is obviously something that are in the works to fix.

I see the usual complaining about maps when I'm playing, but are people going to my thread to do anything about it? No, only a few. I really want to understand what aspects of the maps you don't like. (Link below) It's not as easy as you think to make a well-balanced map rotation without adding the same maps from the previous one. 60% of current maps are from the previous map rotation, 40% from 2010-12 (some never played).

Planning to add 10 maps next time from the previous rotation, that has the same scn name, but hopefully they got more cover. I did what I had to do, to not bore people to death with the same map rotation. I'm sorry it has turned out to be a massive rangedfest, but I had no idea it was gonna be this bad.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:00:39 pm by Athelar »

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 05:04:33 pm »
Dear Blackbird,

I'm aware of this issue, and I might've said a few times that the map rotation list is not final, it's still under development. The thing is, there has never been as much ranged as there is now. It's like players just took advantage of open maps and changed class to ranged to feel OP once. Unfortunately, I can not update the server as often as I would, until Professor is done with his exams. (hopefully soon)

I think the main problem here is the autobalance, that seems to be putting 80% of ranged on the same team. This is obviously something that are in the works to fix.

I see the usual complaining about maps when I'm playing, but are people going to my thread to do anything about it? No, only a few. I really want to understand what aspects of the maps you don't like. (Link below) It's not as easy as you think to make a well-balanced map rotation without adding the same maps from the previous one. 60% of current maps are from the previous map rotation, 40% from 2010-12 (some never played).

Planning to add 10 maps next time from the previous rotation, that has the same scn name, but hopefully they got more cover. I did what I had to do, to not bore people to death with the same map rotation. I'm sorry it has turned out to be a massive rangedfest, but I had no idea it was gonna be this bad.

I did not want to insult u! As I said I highly appreciate the try! And plz keep trying and Im sorry that I couldn't find the time yet to work something out!

I tried finding the old thread (I think uthyrs) but i didnt. He made a reply for every map. People could down or upvote the map. It was pretty organised and simple that way. Maybe u should try the same.

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 05:26:59 pm »
I did not want to insult u! As I said I highly appreciate the try! And plz keep trying and Im sorry that I couldn't find the time yet to work something out!

You did the exact oposite of what you were supposed to do. Bring closer maps so people can get cover. What happened? 50% of the maps are open field now. GJ. Not saying I don't appreciate the try, but dood u "100% failed." "I understand everyone playing EU7 right now even though I never did."

I found it to be a little insulting, especially when you claim that it's all my fault there's ranged everywhere.

I tried finding the old thread (I think uthyrs) but i didnt. He made a reply for every map. People could down or upvote the map. It was pretty organised and simple that way. Maybe u should try the same.

Yeah, if you want to go through several pages to look for one specific map in a list of 100+ maps. About 30 more than before. I could make it more organised by making it in alphabetical order. I'll think about how I'll do it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:30:30 pm by Athelar »