Author Topic: On The Grind  (Read 6900 times)

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: On The Grind
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2011, 05:10:12 pm »
I might add a "weak" retirement without a level requirement - it just resets your xp and level to 0.

Now the heir bastard is born!
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 06:38:08 pm »
I'm with Kesh - it's baffling why retirement is set at 31 (not to mention the essential final attribute point!), and that 31 takes as long to get to as from 1 to 30. It's just a grind for the sake of grinding. Ugh. Nasty.

I enjoy retiring because the slight improvements to my gear adds some distinctiveness and specialization to my character. However, I really dislike this ugly, ugly grind, which seems to have been added purely for the sake of adding a grind.

The old method worked, and worked well. In fact, just earning enough gold to retire while maintaining enough for upkeep is going to be hard enough!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2011, 07:41:02 pm »
+1
That's just common wisdom : from desire, challenge and waiting a long time comes frustration. The greater your envy of something and the effort you put into it, the greater the pleasure of finaly obtaining it.

I don't want to play a Korean F2P MMO nor an arcade game. cRPG had a good balance, a few problems had to be addressed (change the wpf bonus from retirement for example) to raise the skill part a bit. But as it is now it feels more like an arcade game. I play to level 30, and then ? Yes I can still enjoy the skill part of the game. But Native MP does that better, and I'm already bored of it after having played it more than a few hundreds hours. With the current system, cRPG lacks a proper goal to acheive after a few dozen hours of game.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 08:34:46 pm »
I don't understand why there needs to constantly be something to "work" towards... the act of playing the game should be it.  If playing isn't fun in itself, then something is wrong.

The MMORPG generation has convinced the video game world otherwise...  The Grinding Mentality needs to be stopped, here and now!

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2011, 08:41:45 pm »
Yes, level 31 is grindy as hell. That's why I set it there, for people who like achievements. For the rest, it's neither gamebreaking, nor required to retire.

It is up to you if you want to participate in the grind race or not.

I, for one, will not.

So you DON'T need to be 31 to retire?

Neat-o!

Offline EricCire

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 08:47:10 pm »
This game is boring now
I'm trying to like the new patch, but I can't.
I play for only 15 min at a time and then I leave.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 08:47:50 pm »
Oh gosh, chadz in my topic?

I think that the idea of a soft retirement and a hard retirement is fantastic.

chadz: doing big things.
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 09:29:49 pm »
This game is boring now
I'm trying to like the new patch, but I can't.
I play for only 15 min at a time and then I leave.

Ignore that peasant. Game is better now then it has ever been.

Offline EricCire

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2011, 09:38:44 pm »

Find me in the game and you'll see that I'm definitely not a peasant, you troll. I'm up there with Lady Gaga and Beatrix you mum hole.
Look for me: EricCire.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 823
  • Infamy: 2372
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2011, 10:16:45 pm »

I must agree with that statement. At first I thought that patch is complete disaster but it's really fun.

chadz seems to working a lot lately. Three patches in a month, that's a lot of work. chadz, take some rest. We won't die without new patch for sometime :)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 10:31:50 am »
I might add a "weak" retirement without a level requirement - it just resets your xp and level to 0.
Great News!

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 10:54:33 am »
Hm,
the option of soft retirement could solve all those whiney posts about how impossible it is to reach lvl 31. I started playing quite recently, made myself 3rd generation (so getting 1200xp/min with x1), atm i am missing only like 3,5million XP to lvl up, and considering that now i have few friends, that started playing again, the XP just comes along while we are having fun.

Not to talk about realism, i mean, you do not retire in real at 25 years or something. So lvlup, play around a little, and in some time ull hit 31 too, being grinder or not. Just, grinders have it quicker :P

I, for one, disagree with removal of WPF percentage, as i was going to build up my char as pure 2h spec, which is now cinda useless, as i wont have any bonus over anyone else having same spec, no matter what generation we are. From the RPG point of view it even made sense, ur father/mother, who was skilled warrior, passed some of their experience to you, so you can control the main weapon from them with some bonus.

Anyways, as a newcomer pretty much, i dont mind these changes. Its even fun to run around in leather whilst earning money for the sweet piece of steel you dreamed about.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2011, 10:54:38 am »

That'd be awesome, really. Postpatch with the respec some of us made silly errors, and grinding up to level 31 to correct them - even if you get a bonus heirloom - is a pain.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".