Some form of suggestion 3
8 (13.8%)
Suggestion 4
12 (20.7%)
My suggestion(s) which is/are in a reply below
3 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: January 27, 2018, 06:47:49 pm

Author Topic: Shield Rebalancing  (Read 6434 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Shield Rebalancing
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 12:47:37 am »
+3
I'm not voting until you come back to cRPG.

(click to show/hide)

This for me too. I mean Almerra got attacked.. where were you Jona? Where were you when Sargoth fell? Where were you when the Westfold fell? Where were you when our enemies closed in around us?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 12:53:40 am »
+2
I haven't seen a HoC banner in far too long.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 02:49:17 am »
+1
This for me too. I mean Almerra got attacked.. where were you Jona? Where were you when Sargoth fell? Where were you when the Westfold fell? Where were you when our enemies closed in around us?

Yeah, I literally would have reinstalled if I could have made the Almerra siege. Alas, it was on a weekend whilst I was preoccupied. A real bummer as I'm sure it woulda been fun to kick the plebs out of our courtyard again. And don't get me started on that Sargoth business. Crpg + strat are dead for months, I do my monthly routine checkup on the website and 1 of the ~3 battles that have successfully gone through in months of inactivity just so happened to be the loss of my fief. Riperoni all of HoCs strat ventures.  :evil:

I haven't seen a HoC banner in far too long.

I suppose that too is my fault, as there HAVE been a few of us playing, just under a different banner I suppose. I kinda ran out of money renewing our banner slot for over a year while not playing.  :?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 04:56:51 am »
+2
Yeah, I literally would have reinstalled if I could have made the Almerra siege. Alas, it was on a weekend whilst I was preoccupied. A real bummer as I'm sure it woulda been fun to kick the plebs out of our courtyard again. And don't get me started on that Sargoth business. Crpg + strat are dead for months, I do my monthly routine checkup on the website and 1 of the ~3 battles that have successfully gone through in months of inactivity just so happened to be the loss of my fief. Riperoni all of HoCs strat ventures.  :evil:

I suppose that too is my fault, as there HAVE been a few of us playing, just under a different banner I suppose. I kinda ran out of money renewing our banner slot for over a year while not playing.  :?

RIP in peace.

ANd yeah strat was dead for months. Not sure whats going to happen when it resets. Its aliveish atm because everyone has gear and money or can siege a fief that has it. Or be given the gear/money/troops.

Not sure if there's enough people to sustain a new strat with the energy to build up to good gear with the money to feed that. But yeah join in NA 1 every once in a while. Not sure why you'd ever uninstall unless it was an addiction.. ok yeah I see why.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 03:59:32 pm »
Still getting 40+ in NA 1 and up close to 80 for good strategus battles. Albeit the battles are not constant more like a few good ones a week. EU is definitely more populated and more consistent. I try to hop into their battles when I see good ones at decent times for me.

Definitely worth hopping in for the odd fight when its convenient!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 04:35:31 pm »
+2
Not sure why you'd ever uninstall unless it was an addiction.. ok yeah I see why.

Well I didn't actually uninstall, but unless the downloads were fixed as far as I'm aware you had to redownload all of crpg to get it working instead of just letting it update automatically. Now that I think about it I'm sure that was fixed by now, as that was some time ago, but time flies, yah know?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 05:33:26 pm »
+1
Yeah it should work fine with the new launcher from the cRPG website. It won't work if you have the interim launcher that horns created when he was working on the mod.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 06:09:43 pm »
+2
Somewhat of a bump, but do you think that there can be a point where shields are too strong? Shields are great for lower level players, but lose effectiveness at higher levels of play, instead bringing some versatility so you don't die as easily. Perhaps it will help less experienced players if shields were on the stronger side without hurting the meta too much.. Making shields more appealing and fun to use in general.

IMO shields aren't offensively great against ranged without a ton of agi to back you up. Even with 2 and 3, the question is always about movement speed in the end, but 2 and 3 are the easiest to change, while #1 is the most effective (perhaps with the shield equipped too?).

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 06:22:38 pm »
Somewhat of a bump, but do you think that there can be a point where shields are too strong?

Definitely. If shield speed gets buffed too much I can for sure see that happening, which is why I'd rather suggestion #1 be implemented somehow, as I agree it's the more preferable change as it also helps them more as an anti-ranged option. The change won't help too much in melee as you're not going to drop your block or sheathe your shield too often unless you choose to fight as a swashbuckler.

IMO shields aren't offensively great against ranged without a ton of agi to back you up. Even with 2 and 3, the question is always about movement speed in the end, but 2 and 3 are the easiest to change, while #1 is the most effective (perhaps with the shield equipped too?).

Agreed. I wish #1 was easy to implement so we could at least try it out and see what happens... if shields are suddenly OP then revert the change or tone it down a bit. As it stands only high agi builds can even hope to close the distance between a far away ranged player and themselves. If shields didn't slow you down nearly as much it'd allow for more builds to bring them along to approach ranged in a more direct manner. Unfortunately options 2 and 3 are far easier to just tweak a little here and there, and that seems to be the dev teams current approach.

Perhaps it will help less experienced players if shields were on the stronger side without hurting the meta too much.. Making shields more appealing and fun to use in general.

Ideally, this is the goal.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 06:56:15 pm »
IMO shields definitely need a  buff as currently using the 0 difficulty plain cav shield it doesn't even block arrows for the size of the model in game. Should at minimum be buffed so that there aren't arrows/bolts clearly going through the shield model.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 07:18:12 pm »
+3
IMO shields definitely need a  buff as currently using the 0 difficulty plain cav shield it doesn't even block arrows for the size of the model in game. Should at minimum be buffed so that there aren't arrows/bolts clearly going through the shield model.

And so the chant changes from "lul get a shield noob" to "lul get shield skill noob."

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 07:24:30 pm »
+1
I agree its not too much to put a point or two into shield. But I still think its immersion breaking to have a shield in game that doesn't actually block the area of its physical model.

I think for the added forcefield effect shield skill should be needed but not for simply blocking the actual area of the shield.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 07:46:54 pm »
+1
Might be worthwhile to do some actual testing with some different 0 skill shields. For all we know just that one is bugged and the radius used for collision detection just doesn't match up with the model while the rest all work just fine.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 08:08:23 pm »
Yeah could be I know that Prof and Xynox did test some other ones and apparently its not an issue with all of them

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 08:15:46 pm »
+1
its not an issue with all of them

It's the price you pay to look good.

Also,

:thinking: