Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2  (Read 6079 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 12:59:48 pm »
I really hope they have added to the multiplayer open world aspect of Red Dead. I'll be playing on PS4 for sure at launch got it pre-ordered.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 01:03:10 pm »
There isnt any guarantee really. The first one was talked about coming to PC years and years and it just never came. Giving it a PC port would have been a pretty logical move. But they never made it. Who can say why. Think RdR is going to be a console series, like God of War or Uncharted. I generally have a feeling like Rockstar has some legitimate beef with the PC platform, it seems to try so hard to avoid it if possible.

They can't deal with trainers / hackers in GTA 5 on PC, they're too dumb to separate the Multiplayer client from the SP.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 03:01:27 pm »
Afaik, their general resentment towards PC started long before GTA5. I think they legimately didnt give a crap about the hackers in PC GTA5. They did some stuff for PR purposes, but didnt consider it worthy to throw enough money at.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 03:04:39 pm »
Does seem like a weird choice to release a game only on consoles. Must be a lot of work for them to port it to PC I guess.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 03:06:19 pm »
Afaik, their general resentment towards PC started long before GTA5. I think they legimately didnt give a crap about the hackers in PC GTA5. They did some stuff for PR purposes, but didnt consider it worthy to throw enough money at.

They do care about it in GTA5 as PC players can just use it to get millions of dollars so they won't have to buy shark cards etc, there's a reason they'd ban you even if you had a mod that made your phone look different. They've also gone over huge amount of users and looked at their "income" and if they think you got them via non legit means they'll remove some of your cash, I got 4 irl friends who lost about 15 mill each due to it.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 04:15:36 pm »
+1
That sounds a lot like some cheap terrible system, exactly designed by people who dont give a shit. :lol: Personally I havent played GTAs, besides SAMP, online. Because they are and always will be hackerfilled messes. And now that Rockstars just randomly fucking players in the arse aswell, I have even less willingness to try it. SPs dope doe.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 04:20:26 pm »
Yeah loved the SP for RDR. Hopefully they can follow it up well.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 05:15:43 am »
+1
this is bullshit i have not owned a console in my life and won't start now but how the fuck else am i gonna roleplay like i'm in a cormack mccarthy novel now?

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 05:54:18 am »
this is bullshit i have not owned a console in my life and won't start now but how the fuck else am i gonna roleplay like i'm in a cormack mccarthy novel now?
so you havent played the first one?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 12:06:50 pm »
+1
so you havent played the first one?

i have indeed not and i was mad about that never coming to the computing-box system too. this must be karma for pirating my very first game off limewire at age 11; it was GTA 3 and functional without viruses but exclusively in French language

fucking rockstar knows, man

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 12:17:24 pm »
+1
Honestly the original read dead made having a console worth it by itself. Excellent game. I've actually really become quite a fan of consoles this generation. Play a fair bit of NHL and BF1 on ps4.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2018, 12:43:37 pm »
+1
I just recently yielded and got a PS4 aswell. Indeed this console generations PS exclusives in general seem very good and forced even a dedicated PCboi like myself to give in. Xbox is pretty much in the dirt currently and learning the hard lesson of nobody cares about the cool hardware of your xbone, a console is only as good as its games and currently even Switch is kicking its arse. It looks like that after decades of close competition and debates, this gens console war has a pretty obvious winner.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 04:24:31 am »
Consoles are gay as fuck, holding back game progress by so much with these 10 year old console generations. RDD2 could be really good if it weren't held back by two decades old technology. Now, alas................. it will be doomed to be bad.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2018, 09:04:42 pm »
What, did I miss something? was it officially confirmed there will be no PC release?. I assumed if there was a PC release it would come later than the console release anyway, so they wouldn't mention a PC release date yet even if they were working on it. Unless they have openly said "No PC release" and I have missed it

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 2830
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 12:34:28 am »
Same old story, so called PC gamers crying over console exclusives. While five or ten years ago that had some merit because PC gaming was on the rise, these days is stale as fuck. Best PC games are some dumb battle royale crapshits only autist morons care about aka PC gamers. Valve is still selling same games over and over again to new bunch of idiots. They haven't created a game in well over a decade and people still give them the money lol

Consoles are the only place where you get quality single player experience these days, Windows gamers seem to prefer endless grind in meaningless modern online RPGs (that have nothing to do with actual RPGs of old).