Author Topic: sparvico's day in the office  (Read 9538 times)

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
Re: sparvico's day in the office
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2017, 10:27:13 pm »
Damn!  I go out of town... and this thread blows up even more!

So apparently I was muted on the forum along with a bunch of other folks in this thread... just because we had a different view point.  But from what I'm hearing and gathering... it was someone using Jacko's account and doing this outside the will of the admins/devs.  And the admin/devs seeing this... have overturned our mute-ban.  Is that about correct?

Anyways... glad that commonsense prevailed.  I hope they get to the bottom of it all... and find out who actually muted us.

I would have lost my shit if I was muted on the forum for just sharing my opinion... and mute-banned for "Racism" even though none of my post has any derogatory language... just trying to defend a view point among many cRPG-ers.  Glad I was out of town and didn't have to lose my shit!  I've never been banned in game or the forums (in over 5 years of playing).  Because while I may have strong view points... I namely try to stay civil.  Which myself and many of us (that were banned) did so in this thread.  Yet we were still banned.  That's pretty fucked up!

Again... thanks to devs/admins that corrected this!  And again... hope they catch the bastard that banned us and give out a punishment!

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2017, 10:35:30 pm »
They should give that guy who caught the muter a medal.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:48:43 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2017, 10:47:46 pm »
+2
They should give that guy a medal.

Come on Asheram... you've been here too long to believe that crap.  For folks to just share their opinion.  There's been no racial rants given in this thread.  Just folks defending their right to say anything (even racist language) in the chat.  Folks that agree and disagree should be respected if they do so in a civil manner.

This type of mute-ban is ridiculous... and lacks civility!

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2017, 10:56:33 pm »
Sorry but I don't think that first amendment rights include the right to spew racial slurs and derogatory statements.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2017, 11:03:51 pm »
+1
divided and conquered

(click to show/hide)

was it you Asheram?  Do you deserve a medal? 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:07:13 pm by Drunken_sailor »
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2017, 11:07:52 pm »
I wasn't defending anyone saying anything myself, I just thought a different approach to the problem at hand would garner the result desired by the admin team. The obvious culprit has probably already fled to North Korea (give them to us, Yuang, or Nikki Haley will roast  刘结一 again) or Iran, his two favorite places in the world.

Mr. Asheram I'm afraid the First Amendment does keep an individual or group free from government censure for "spew[ing] racial slurs and derogatory statements." Your statement is incorrect.

You are welcome to question the relevance of that to cRPG and this (admittedly now moot) discussion, but not the content of 1A itself as laid out in the Constitution and reinforced through 229 years of Supreme Court case law.

(click to show/hide)
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2017, 11:16:12 pm »
+2
So Westwood you should go find the biggest black guy in your area and practice your free speech and right to spew racial slurs at him. Film it for us too.
PENDULUM

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2017, 11:22:47 pm »
+1
Sorry but I don't think that first amendment rights include the right to spew racial slurs and derogatory statements.

sorry, 1st amendment protects all speech, hateful or cheerful, i made a huge post on it

you can debate whether or not the government infringes on those rights (which they do)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2017, 11:33:38 pm »
+1
So Westwood you should go find the biggest black guy in your area and practice your free speech and right to spew racial slurs at him. Film it for us too.
Try reading my previous post again and make special note of the words "government censure"

Here's the text of the first amendment for you:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

The parts you should focus your minute mental energy on are in bold.

The American government cannot see that I just called you a "friend" and legally punish me. Now, why would I call you a "friend" ? That is the question. Do you think I'm an asshole? I have no reason to refer to anyone in ways contrary to social norms. I've said that plenty of times in plenty of ways, the fault is yours at this point.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:38:50 pm by Westwood »
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2017, 11:49:46 pm »
+3
"The First Amendment to the United States Constitution generally prohibits government regulation of speech, even when the speaker’s opinions are reprehensible to the general public. The First Amendment does not, however, protect all speech. It does not, for example, protect speech that leads to illegal activity and/or imminent violence, obscenity, defamation, and libel.

The First Amendment also does not protect speakers from liability for the foreseeable consequences of their speech. In cases where speakers encourage their audience to commit certain illegal or inherently dangerous acts, liability may rest with speakers and the forums that they use. "
https://www.maldef.org/truthinimmigration/does_the_first_amendment_protect3182008/index.html
I guess you are right, have at it then but at least have the balls to say it to someone's face and not just an anonymous format.
PENDULUM

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2017, 11:49:54 pm »

I'm not talking about that.  You said that the guy that muted a dozen folks or so for simply sharing their opinion in this thread should be given a medal.

Whether racial slurs should be allowed or not (which now they are not allowed)... is beside the point.  The point being... should an admin have muted all of us for simply sharing our thoughts on chat rules!

You really think we should have been muted for our opinion?  Again, I'm not saying muted for using a racial slur.  We did not do so.  They were muted for simply sharing an opinion and view point.

Then why are you not muted for your opinion?  What makes your opinion any different.  Sure, you are on a different side of the fence on the topic.  But are post used the same civility as folks on the other side of the fence.  We just wanted a different goal.  But our post were made in a proper manner.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2017, 11:54:49 pm »
+4
I am sorry I was just trying to get my infamy up some.
PENDULUM

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2017, 11:59:04 pm »
+1
I guess you are right, have at it then but at least have the balls to say it to someone's face and not just an anonymous format.
I'm a good Christian dude I don't care for vulgarity pal.