Author Topic: Preset Builds for New Players  (Read 732 times)

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Preset Builds for New Players
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:50:24 pm »
+9
When someone new goes to c-RPG website there is an overwhelming amount of information to process. Most new players get confused, do terrible builds/equipment and often get frustrated and quit because of that. I believe that if someone was able to quickly go from downloading the mod to playing with a good build and items they would be much more inclined to get past the early hump that so often causes people to leave.

I propose that when someone first logins to their c-RPG page they are allowed to choose a preset build that is instant level 34 with a set of equipment, this would be through a popup that has a selection of pictures and classes with their pro's and cons. Kinda like choosing a hero in a Dota/Overwatch.

Something like this but obviously more fleshed out.

Norse One Hander
(insert cool picture here)

• Sturdy
  • Long 1 Handed Sword
  • Throwing Weapons
  • Large Shield
  • Etc

Now of course there would be a button to skip this if the player didn't want to pick one of those prebuilt archetypes, and it should be made clear that it's just the introduction and they can buy/skill whatever they want after a respec.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
Re: Preset Builds for New Players
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 05:04:51 pm »
+4
new players
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 05:07:53 pm »
+3
new players

Since Jun 14th from moddb alone

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

new players

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 03:31:07 am »
When someone new goes to c-RPG website there is an overwhelming amount of information to process. Most new players get confused, do terrible builds/equipment and often get frustrated and quit because of that. I believe that if someone was able to quickly go from downloading the mod to playing with a good build and items they would be much more inclined to get past the early hump that so often causes people to leave.

I propose that when someone first logins to their c-RPG page they are allowed to choose a preset build that is instant level 34 with a set of equipment, this would be through a popup that has a selection of pictures and classes with their pro's and cons. Kinda like choosing a hero in a Dota/Overwatch.

Something like this but obviously more fleshed out.

Now of course there would be a button to skip this if the player didn't want to pick one of those prebuilt archetypes, and it should be made clear that it's just the introduction and they can buy/skill whatever they want after a respec.

Yeah, I'd agree with this idea.  Could help.  At some point they'll need to learn the ropes.  But this could get them started.

The only worry I'd have then is that it can be a long grind from 34 to 35.  The long of a grind without any reward (leveling) might be off-putting to new players.  But heck... there'd be no way around that... and they can't have it all.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 05:07:17 am »
+1
it is signed