Author Topic: Lands of Lords  (Read 16175 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Lands of Lords
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2017, 09:55:11 pm »
+1
Just to reiterate what HESKEY is saying, if you want to go for quality you really have to commit to it:
- you need to have trained specialized builders with best quality tools, including the optional ones
- you need to purchase high quality materials to build a high quality workshop/forge/etc with
- you need to equip the specialized workers for whatever high quality product you want to make with best quality tools as well
- ideally you also want to upgrade the building to the last tier for maximum skill bonus, while keeping it high quality
- you need to buy high quality materials (or gather them yourself) from which you'll make the high quality end product
- and you need to sell the product to other players for reasonable profit (harder than it seems, some item markets are ridiculously competitive)

It's a huge investment, especially for a new player. I'd avoid "teching up" like this until you have a decent size settlement. Just make money by selling to AI at lowest price for now and don't care about the quality. Try to be self sufficient: making bricks for building necessary streets is a good start, for example.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:00:19 pm by Vibe »

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2017, 10:34:54 pm »
+3
Drake the type of nigga that builds huts for homeless in taiga, buried up to his nips in the snow.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2017, 01:27:20 am »
+1
started from the bottom now he there

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2017, 06:58:54 pm »
Why can't I build more huts :( :( :(

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2017, 07:33:15 pm »
+2
Why can't I build more huts :( :( :(

huts can only be built on the tiles next to a street, you need to upgrade one of your 4 huts to a street then build on the adjacent tiles

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2017, 07:38:33 pm »
huts can only be built on the tiles next to a street, you need to upgrade one of your 4 huts to a street then build on the adjacent tiles

ooooh this would have been helpful to know before I let everyone starve to death in Acreland

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2017, 07:50:02 pm »
+1

How do I get these resources? Hmmm I should probably install that discord thingy and stop flooding the forum with newbie questions :oops:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2017, 09:18:16 pm »
+2
up to you, i don't mind answering here, though not as fast as discord :D

If you click on that resource it'll take you to the market for it, there you can buy it.

Mind that while nails are nails, wood is of many different types and you can build houses out of many different woods - so you should buy the cheapest wood on the market - which is usually Spruce or Fir. You can access the market for Spruce/Fir by typing Spruce or Fir in the search bar and clicking the entry with (chart icon)Spruce or (chart icon)Fir, then under SELL (which are sell orders) find the cheapest by dragging the quality bar down (left).

If you want to know in detail what a certain building requires to be built click the ? icon on the right side of the name "North-south street ? Construction"

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2017, 11:01:13 am »
+1
Hmmm I should probably install that discord thingy and stop flooding the forum with newbie questions :oops:

Don't install discord, just use the browser version.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2017, 08:49:35 pm »
+1
We going to stir some shit up by having Mohandar's biggest vassal (Adareldan) leave Mohandar and join us. 8-)

We don't know how King of Mohandar will react to that, so those with armies keep some troops at the ready.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2017, 02:17:05 am »
+1
Nobody told me anything, so a few days ago I landed at the end of the world...
(click to show/hide)

Nice thing! I just discovered that speculation on the stock market is much better idea than cutting down own forest! I made money and bought sheep, horses, cows, hens and pigs  :lol:  I think I will build an ecological village hehehe

BTW, can you plant different types of forest?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2017, 09:24:58 am »
+2
Nobody told me anything, so a few days ago I landed at the end of the world...
(click to show/hide)

Nice thing! I just discovered that speculation on the stock market is much better idea than cutting down own forest! I made money and bought sheep, horses, cows, hens and pigs  :lol:  I think I will build an ecological village hehehe

BTW, can you plant different types of forest?

You can only plant specific trees in an orchard (apples, bananas, olives, etc) other trees such as spruce and fir regrow by themselves over months.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2017, 11:12:55 am »
Just checked Adareldan and the structure in Mohandar out some more. So, when you say join 'us' do you mean Skogrheim or Terres Hautes? Adareldan alone has nearly the same pop as Skogrheim but looks significantly weaker than us militarily.

Also, how would Adareldan leave Mohandar? Surely they'd need to either be granted sovereignty by Mohandar or sit at 0% happiness and get subjugated by us. Neither seem ideal likely.

Population-wise Adareldan makes up half of Mohandar - having them join us would be a massive population swing in our favour. But power-wise it appears to be the other vassal of Mohandar's king that has the military force + the king's own domain itself. Currently (unless I'm missing the juicier domains) Adareldan doesn't look very militarised so would not be a large power-swing at the start, but would surely put us on the map. I hope they start focusing on military some more in the future.

If you have all your units leave the domain the happiness drops to 0% and we can easily subjugate, that's the plan. We're just waiting for the green light now. It's going to go directly under Terres Hautes. Adareldan wants to join us, apparently Mohandar is barely active lately, he might even be dissolving his Kingdom, or he might be playing tricks on all of us. Prince Altatorre is too afraid to ask King Von Guerleren for sovereignity, so we're gonna do it this way. Who knows how Mohandar will react, but it's smart to be prepared :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2017, 11:45:58 am »
+3
I think we are more than fine (entire TH)

Not counting our direct and indirect allies.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:51:31 am by Vibe »

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2017, 01:09:18 pm »
Sheeps are almost useless so I'm looking for profitable production, so after a brief analysis of prices and supply I think I will start crawling cows. Unfortunately I don't know the cost of production, but I have a meadow, so there is some hope. Another plan is the brickyard. Info about regrowing of trees - priceless, thanks. Any new tips for noobs?