Poll

Do you think Strategus needs a full wipe?

Yes
53 (77.9%)
No (state why)
15 (22.1%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: March 12, 2017, 11:26:00 am

Author Topic: Community Poll: Should Strat be reseted? Also ideas/bugs in Strat thread.  (Read 2286 times)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
This thread is in General Discussion because who reads other forums srsly

As we all know, Strategus is the key to the populating the mod. Many people play the game because of Strategus, not because to get dehorsed by a needle swinging archer or catching point blank lances with their heads. Strategus is what makes this mod unique and exciting, we all agree on that. However, this strategus round is pretty much ended/dead, both for NA and EU. I believe, and I am almost sure, a full wipe would crowd the servers back again. Since it is a tiring process, any bugs should be fixed or any ideas be implemented beforehand.

I personally didn't encounter any bugs or maybe I can't remember atm, however a few ideas I have;

-Bring back "Your thine hard work paid off" crafting system. It would encourage people to play public.
-Make NA/EU in the same map. It would make sure we have the player density, also make the map with less fiefs, like in NA. This would increase the competitiveness over the fiefs.
-Make gold/troop generating faster. Strategus has a looong preparing period, if rounds were shorter and faster I think it would be more fun.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:35:01 pm by Kratos »

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
Re: Community Poll: Should Strat be reseted? Also ideas/bugs in Strat thread.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:51:25 pm »
+8
ban DRZ.

- solved
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:48:45 pm »
+1
I think a reset might bring more players back. I also heard a reset was being planned but not sure when.

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 09:12:26 pm »
+3
first restart your potatoes :F

• King
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 10:48:40 pm »
+3
I think a reset might bring more players back. I also heard a reset was being planned but not sure when.

Dupre mentioned it earlier, however he isn't really motivated to work towards it I understood.Plus we need the man himself, chadz. But community polls always work xd.

Also the one guy who voted no and just vanished; nasally inject bleach.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 10:59:46 pm »
+3
Dupre mentioned it earlier, however he isn't really motivated to work towards it I understood.Plus we need the man himself, chadz. But community polls always work xd.

Also the one guy who voted no and just vanished; nasally inject bleach.
i voted NO :D i love strat battles on Eu or Na but whats the purpose of the reset? how on Earth we gonna play 50vs50 battles? we need huge playerbase to have some sort of the feeling great epic strat battles, so we gonna play what 15vs15? from an epic strat battles to some pseudo kindergarden..... better NO, too many beautiful fights from past on strat to just play some silly 20vs20 unorganized battles (probably i will play anyway all battles)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 02:14:58 am »
+5
I voted no mostly because I don't see the point. Most places are full on crime infested and have no troops or active player to defend them. So its not like a reset would change that for the better. Plus there's shit tons of goods for the taking since loads of fiefs are inactive and with high prosp so you can make money pretty quickly and easily. So someone wanting to come back can do so pretty easily to grab a bunch of goods and get silver to set up a decent army.

I also don't see how a reset would bring players back. I don't mind a reset since I mostly just keep my village at 0% crime just because. But I don't see a reason to reset over the current setup. Maybe EU is fucked but NA is full of inactive fiefs. If EU is then I see your point for EU. EU always was a quagmire for strat tho.

ANyway I don't really see a reset bringing people back that weren't already playing in some way already or giving people a reason to come back. If that is the case then cool but I doubt it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 02:38:53 am »
+2
I wish you could participate in Strat battles with any character, not just your hero. I rarely played strat battles because I couldn't bother switching from alt to the hero to enlist for a battle, then switch back to alt to play cRPG, then remember about the time and switch to hero, play Strat battle, then switch back to alt to play cRPG. I wish I could enlist for battles as an account, not as a specific character. Then I could just drop in with whatever alt I currently play on, much more convenient. It's not like the battle master strategist guy won't accept you because of your crappy alt, people mostly accept everyone because it's better than nothing.

• King
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 10:20:17 am »
+1
I voted no mostly because I don't see the point. Most places are full on crime infested and have no troops or active player to defend them. So its not like a reset would change that for the better. Plus there's shit tons of goods for the taking since loads of fiefs are inactive and with high prosp so you can make money pretty quickly and easily. So someone wanting to come back can do so pretty easily to grab a bunch of goods and get silver to set up a decent army.

I also don't see how a reset would bring players back. I don't mind a reset since I mostly just keep my village at 0% crime just because. But I don't see a reason to reset over the current setup. Maybe EU is fucked but NA is full of inactive fiefs. If EU is then I see your point for EU. EU always was a quagmire for strat tho.

ANyway I don't really see a reset bringing people back that weren't already playing in some way already or giving people a reason to come back. If that is the case then cool but I doubt it.

Greatest example to players coming back is the last Strat round. Whole clans became active again, people we didn't see in years showed up in TSs. People don't play Strat anymore because there is no competition, because simply the round is concluded for EU, and if anyone wanted to play in this moment he would've encountered 0 competition. Which is not fun as you know.

Gib strat gib lyfe

• King
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 10:24:04 am »
i voted NO :D i love strat battles on Eu or Na but whats the purpose of the reset? how on Earth we gonna play 50vs50 battles? we need huge playerbase to have some sort of the feeling great epic strat battles, so we gonna play what 15vs15? from an epic strat battles to some pseudo kindergarden..... better NO, too many beautiful fights from past on strat to just play some silly 20vs20 unorganized battles (probably i will play anyway all battles)

That's the main point my dude, Strat gets a reset=Players have a goal to play again, its been always like that. The mod was dead earlier too, battles were 20v20 max in EU1, then they brought Strat back, and we all enjoyed 50v50 sieges.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:28:23 pm by Kratos »

Offline Pawiu

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • RUN, FUCKING RUN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Polearm for life
  • Game nicks: Pawiu
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 10:42:43 am »
+5
That's the main point my dude, Strat gets a reset=Players have a goal to play again, its been always like that. The mod was dead eaelier too, battles were 20v20 max in EU1, then they beought Strat back, and we all enjoyed 50v50 sieges.
Well...
crp-g is dead strat reset won't change it
ppl quit c-rpg cos they got bored of it
I for sure got bored of constant bundle of sticksry/trolling attacks
when at the end of each round u have to chase some fucking archers or throwers or even ha
even now when server hits 20ppl all those trolls suddenly come back to life and trash server and gameplay

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 11:25:34 am »
+1
That's the main point my dude, Strat gets a reset=Players have a goal to play again, its been always like that. The mod was dead eaelier too, battles were 20v20 max in EU1, then they beought Strat back, and we all enjoyed 50v50 sieges.
yep same was last strat we got some players for like 1 or 2 months to play on strat(early stages) then everything on strat got 'solved' strat died and we lost playerbase :) don't get me wrong if strat reset will bring even 2 players more on battle sever it will be a good try :mrgreen:

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 05:12:12 pm »
+1
Greatest example to players coming back is the last Strat round. Whole clans became active again, people we didn't see in years showed up in TSs. People don't play Strat anymore because there is no competition, because simply the round is concluded for EU, and if anyone wanted to play in this moment he would've encountered 0 competition. Which is not fun as you know.

Gib strat gib lyfe

It's kind of funny how settings for clan revivals are actually better in this setting, but it's perceived as worst and the worse conditions that come from a reset are more effective at clan revivals.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 06:47:56 pm »
Do bears shit in the woods? Is the pope catholic? Does Trump prove the French victory in the American war of independence was a disaster for the world? ofc

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 06:55:14 pm »
+1
Well...
crp-g is dead strat reset won't change it
ppl quit c-rpg cos they got bored of it
I for sure got bored of constant bundle of sticksry/trolling attacks
when at the end of each round u have to chase some fucking archers or throwers or even ha
even now when server hits 20ppl all those trolls suddenly come back to life and trash server and gameplay

I agree with this, I just want to make one slight change, change the word, bored, to annoyed and I agree completely.
Strat coming back has not had a huge impact for NA in the last 2 times its come back. so, even if strat came back it would need a massive revamp, much easily to generate resources...im talking gold falling from the sky and armies building themselves, that's the only way NA players would actually the risks/do something with their resources. Ive been saying this for like 2 fucking years now, a lot of people DIDNT GET BORED of crpg, they/WE are sick of the bullshit, its not fun to turn your medieval game into a racing game, I want to fight, I don't want to chase agi whores around, its not FUN.

Why OKAM failed is not just because it didn't have strat, what kept most of us going was not infact strat but NA/EU 1. Simple battle with simple mechanics. and you're right Pawiu, I cant play crpg for very long without getting "bored" either. Its boring trying to play with people that don't actually want to play. Heres the thing, I don't blame the trolls.
you wanna talk about trolls? I wanna talk about the people who created them.
The trolls weren't the ones who made it an agi arcade disaster, Tydeus did, there weren't an abundant of agi rock throwers before the agi patch. Same way I don't blame people for getting bored of DTV, I blame FIPS for destroying DTV and giving it invisible walls, no more free roam, made DTV "boring". Strat 5 a lot of the mature clans left NA, were they bored? or did chadz really fuck up the economy.
The whole bored vs broken argument can really be summed up well with GTX...you know the guy that played every single gen 2h...did he really get bored of 2h? or did they break the animation and that's why he went pole. and then ultimately quit. he didn't get bored, the game/dupre's bullshit broke him.

A lot of things people say they got bored of, I wonder if they are actually bored...or just fed up...im not bored of plate armor, I am fed up with dupre and his gamebreaking bad dumb ideas. the agi arcade bullshit started with tydeus and dupre only made it worse. again, the rock throwers and agi spammers did not exist in 2013, there were more players than trolls back then...so again, I don't blame the trolls, I blame the conditions that created them. tydeus, fips, dupre...at the end of the day, chadz is responsible for all of em.

Native Neogk is back, has cata's that break walls, plate armor and extra weapons for every faction, has a damage/score counter much like crpg, has individual banners, working boats...theres a 100 man server, and its always packed, mostly with players, very few trolls...

I AM NOT BORED OF WEARING PLATE AND USING A BEC, IN A MASSIVE 40VS40 ULTRA CHAOTIC 80 MAN BATTLE, ITS JUST: NATIVE HAS THESE THINGS AND DOES IT SO MUCH BETTER THAN CRPG. WHAT NATIVE DOESNT HAVE...RUNNERS AND ROCK THROWERS...HMMM.
^ I hope you read this chadz. I hope it hurts when you read it. Because I'm not even close to being bored of crpg, so much as I am completely done with donkey crew products and their incompetent bullshit.

everything you've done to make crpg superior to native, and now native completely shits on crpg...
not a good look.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE