Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 78741 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #960 on: June 28, 2016, 10:43:21 pm »
+3
Boris Johnson had a genius idea to rebuild Stonehenge but this time 3 times bigger to sort out the big national pride/culture deficit that the Tory party has inherited. However, closer scrutiny post-referendum has revealed that Boris does not indeed have any stones.

If Britain is even slightly worse off than before this referendum, then what was the point?

It doesnt need to be apocalyptically bad in order for me to want to know what possible reason the retarded 'leave' party had for making things even slightly worse. Why should i have to bear the shortsightedness and stupidity of other voters? And if people like Lessin dont give a shit that's fine, just throw 10% of your own money in a river somewhere and achieve the same thing but leave everyone else to get on with it.

@Leesin
'What's done is done, dont cry about it'.

Dont count your chips now, we arent out of the EU yet cocksucker

I never said I didn't give a shit, I said I was tired of all the whining over the Internet and social media and the pointless shit slinging, just like you're doing now, directed at me. Neither did I vote Leave, but that was the result of the vote and as far as I am aware we are a democracy and the Leave vote won under the specific requirements of our voting system, if we start pretending a vote never happened how can any major future referendums and voting have any credibility? "Oh hey guys, we didn't like the result of that vote, so we're not doing it", that's not how our Democratic system works.

Why would I throw 10% of my money in the river? you seem to think this is some kind of permanent economic situation, yet you've absolutely no idea what actually will happen in the near and far future, like the majority don't have any idea, but here you are, throwing your toys out of your pram intent on continuing the fear mongering because you didn't get the vote result you wanted. You only want Democracy when your vote is on the winning side, it's this attitude that actually makes me care less whether this vote could be reversed or not, or re-voted on. I'm not worried regardless and the next few years might be difficult, but I have full confidence we will be fine in the long run and this gamble might even pay off. Plus fuck your Holidays cocksucker, I will still be taking my kids abroad.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #961 on: June 28, 2016, 10:50:39 pm »
Yes, I think he is one of the best orators in contemporary western politics.

As an aside, British Parliament banter in general is very colorful:

David Cameron is actually one of the best at this game. Everyone thought Corbyn would put him in his place when he came into PM questions. But Cameron just made him look silly and out of place. Milliband was just God awful at it.

Bercow is also one of the best speakers I've seen in a while. He knows quite well when to let the banter continue but also when to bring it under control.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:05:58 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 29, 2016, 01:09:15 am »
As much as I would be in favour of closer EU integration, that article seems like BS.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 29, 2016, 01:09:49 am »
Wow, if they really try that, this + UK leave referendum and lots of possible other referendums could completely reshape Europe politically.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #965 on: June 29, 2016, 01:31:43 am »
+1
The Express heh. They are the kind of "paper" that prints every rumour they hear in a pub  :lol:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1125
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 29, 2016, 03:49:52 am »
Most British and global media do the same. To work as journalist you don't need any kind of degree, just reddit browsing skills.

Since I'm following UK newspaper every winter and summer, must say that Metro is my favorite on rock bottom list. Daily Mail is guilty pleasure, Metro is just bad.

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 29, 2016, 10:24:39 am »
I just hope they remember Farage when they're looking for a new scapegoat.

In the last few days Leave campaigners have obviously back peddled on their claims; NHS funding, and immigration control. These were two of the biggest driving points in their campaign, and a reason why a lot of people voted.

I sincerely hope that people are now going to wake up and smell the cheese, and perhaps become more aware of political agendas and populist propaganda; which in turn might unify the masses. However, I fear that the UK will already be too divided for it to matter.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #968 on: June 29, 2016, 12:21:43 pm »
The strength of the pound in the short term totally trumps not wanting a unified European state.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 29, 2016, 12:38:42 pm »
The strength of the pound in the short term totally trumps not wanting a unified European state.

I guess it's the snowball effect that this short term weakness can produce; people taking money out of English banks, corporations pulling investments out of the UK (job loss, revenue loss). Corporations like Siemens etc have contingency plans in place, and their are rumours/instances of companies following suit (I cba to find the sources, but i'm sure it's happening- correct me if i'm wrong).

The argument lies in the "we should've had a plan for this before we did it" rather than the current "we don't have a plan, let's just wing it".
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:21:54 pm by tizzango »

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #970 on: June 29, 2016, 01:17:37 pm »
+4
I guess it's the snowball effect that this short term weakness can produce; people taking money out of English banks, corporations pulling investments out of the UK (job loss, revenue loss). Corporations like Nissan etc have contingency plans in place, and their are rumours/instances of companies following suit (I cba to find the sources, but i'm sure it's happening- correct me if i'm wrong).

The argument lies in the "we should've had a plan for this before we did it" rather than the current "we don't have a plan, let's just wing it".

I think the lack of a plan has been my biggest beef with it all. The snowball effect is all ifs so we don't really know how things will go but the government having no plans in place is just terrible. Sure it was never looking likely until it happened but they have to prepare for the worst in these situations...

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #971 on: June 29, 2016, 01:51:40 pm »
David Cameron is actually one of the best at this game. Everyone thought Corbyn would put him in his place when he came into PM questions. But Cameron just made him look silly and out of place. Milliband was just God awful at it.

Bercow is also one of the best speakers I've seen in a while. He knows quite well when to let the banter continue but also when to bring it under control.

There's a difference between making someone look silly and just plain slinging insults at people, David Cameron is and always will be a shit Prime Minister, the only thing he did well was insulting Corbyn and wasting everybodies time during the PM's questions by not actually answering any of the questions given to him in the first place.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit

This is interesting
It's also media, so it also has a 95% chance of being complete bullshit
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #972 on: June 29, 2016, 01:51:52 pm »
I think the lack of a plan has been my biggest beef with it all. The snowball effect is all ifs so we don't really know how things will go but the government having no plans in place is just terrible. Sure it was never looking likely until it happened but they have to prepare for the worst in these situations...

When you have a government that hoped and expected a Remain vote, and then decides to basically punt the issue to someone else(Classic Politics, btw), how can you actually do something to get ready for it?

Politicans will sit there, play politics until someone finally gets enough gumption to go through with it or to say "Fuck it, no". Oh, btw, they'll all make lots of money during this whole process.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #973 on: June 29, 2016, 02:01:22 pm »
When you have a government that hoped and expected a Remain vote, and then decides to basically punt the issue to someone else(Classic Politics, btw), how can you actually do something to get ready for it?

Politicans will sit there, play politics until someone finally gets enough gumption to go through with it or to say "Fuck it, no". Oh, btw, they'll all make lots of money during this whole process.
Maybe by not sitting on their asses and hoping like hell they get the result they want or they're fucked? A government should have a plan for BOTH routes, not just the one they WANT. They're a bloody government for fucks sake, if they can't get off their asses and figure out even a small plan for the future if we were to leave the EU in the referendum, which has now happened, then they shouldn't BE in power in the first place. (That being said, it's not surprising given that the current government are absolute shit. I'm sure David Cameron would rather have a temper tantrum than actually prepare for something that could have happened)

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #974 on: June 29, 2016, 02:53:28 pm »
There's a difference between making someone look silly and just plain slinging insults at people, David Cameron is and always will be a shit Prime Minister, the only thing he did well was insulting Corbyn and wasting everybodies time during the PM's questions by not actually answering any of the questions given to him in the first place.

It's also media, so it also has a 95% chance of being complete bullshit

Agree to disagree. I thought DC was a good prime minister. Miles above Blair and Browne who were utter bollocks. Cameron came into the leadership at one of the hardest points someone could come into the job. The economy was in the shit with almost nothing to fall back on due to Browne's disastrous policies as chancellor and public support of the Government was in the doldrums thanks to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

He answered most of the questions. 90% of the questions are usually shit slinging questions by the other side anyway so you have to respond in kind. It's what PM questions is about. The whole thing is massively staged with both sides planting questions from ministers so they can tout their own success. That's the whole point in the final economic plan segment in the video I posted. It's showing how planted the questions are. But PM questions is just a side show to the real debates anyway.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:59:29 pm by Overdriven »