Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 78759 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #915 on: June 28, 2016, 05:48:01 am »

If they were true Scotsmen they would have left two years ago, but they're just the Queen's fluffy lap dogs.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 506
  • Infamy: 943
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 28, 2016, 05:57:48 am »
Brussels rejects Boris Johnson 'pipe dream' over single market access

European diplomats have dismissed claims from Boris Johnson that the UK could negotiate access to the EU single market without obeying any of the rules.

“You cannot have your cake and eat it,” said an EU diplomat, echoing a phrase the former mayor of London used during the campaign and which looks set to come back to haunt him.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1766
  • Infamy: 834
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 28, 2016, 06:05:56 am »
Eh, why do you think it's the EU pressuring them into doing it? Have you been paying attention to the markets? As much as the media love to focus on their little narratives, it's the fucking countries still in the EU who are getting fucking pounded, much worse than the UK. Not like they can do much about that, given the, you know, centralized red tape-festooned monetary policy controlled by Germany.

Well, Soros did say EU is irreversibly fucked now and he's rarely wrong. That should cheer you up.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #918 on: June 28, 2016, 08:12:51 am »
+1
Getting tired of all the bitching and tears I am seeing just about everywhere, regardless of what anyone voted, the vote is done, that's democracy, we now have to look to the future and make it work. Two thirds of the countries in the EU thought the Euro would be great and adopted it, has looked like an absolute shit fest to me since day 1, but hey each to their own. I guess one part of me is glad to be out of the EU because so many Europeans love to hate the English, well fuck ya, we're taking our Football home so no one can play and make fun of us.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #919 on: June 28, 2016, 10:02:44 am »
Eh, why do you think it's the EU pressuring them into doing it? Have you been paying attention to the markets? As much as the media love to focus on their little narratives, it's the fucking countries still in the EU who are getting fucking pounded, much worse than the UK. Not like they can do much about that, given the, you know, centralized red tape-festooned monetary policy controlled by Germany.

Yup pretty much every other country is worse off than the UK at the moment. Whilst the value of the pound has taken an absolute battering markets all round the world are suffering. UK is actually riding the wave pretty well.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #920 on: June 28, 2016, 11:35:53 am »
People think of their vacations, but in an advanced and integrated world economy, literally everything you have crosses borders hundreds if not thousands of times.

The paint on your desk, probably have chemicals in it that have traveled around the world many times, probably changing currencies too several times. Not to think about anything more complex like tech devices..

Idk.. secretely hope the Politicians will somehow manage to thwart the Brexit election. Not because I'm so undemocratic, but because a lot of people now regret their vote, they begin to see the disastrous effects, and the election wasn't really supposed to succeed in the first place. It was just populist play, and actually going through with it, pure stupidity. It was a risky tool used by Cameron to fend off UKIP.

Still think the odds are higher that you will actually leave.

I guess one part of me is glad to be out of the EU because so many Europeans love to hate the English, well fuck ya, we're taking our Football home so no one can play and make fun of us.

Oh come on, it's obviously the English that hates the EU, as the election result show. Besides this is just a bit of deserved banter! :) There are great stuff about Britain that the french and Germans can't hold a candle to. You voted Brexit, got beaten by Iceland, now take the beating coming your way like a man! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 28, 2016, 12:20:05 pm »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 28, 2016, 12:58:14 pm »
Well fuck you, it's not over by a long shot and enough of Parliament and the country feels the same way to make this an incredibly interesting few months. If you're getting tired of all the bitching and tears then get used to it, you're not going to hear about anything else for a long time.

I think he means he would like to hear productive comments about it, and (what everyone has been complaining) the beginning of a plan, not the kind you hear on social media and puffed out politicians.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 28, 2016, 02:02:53 pm »
If it's up to us on this forum to hatch a plan lol

Nah a plan that politicians or experts would hatch, that we could comment. Is anyone at least trying to formulate one in the UK? I've read nothing on that thread about it, even though to me it seems its the first logical step after the referendum (apart from denying it happened, like in your gif :mrgreen:).

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 28, 2016, 03:19:18 pm »
+4
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/12DCE/production/_90126277_sterling_value_624gr-2.png

Mmm, real tired of all the bitching and tears. Why cant people just be happy with their devalued currency and constitutional crisis? The vote is done. From 1.5 dollars to the pound to below 1.35

Well fuck you, it's not over by a long shot and enough of Parliament and the country feels the same way to make this an incredibly interesting few months. If you're getting tired of all the bitching and tears then get used to it, you're not going to hear about anything else for a long time.

If you plan to do anything abroad this summer, consider the above graph your 10% pay cut that retroactively applies to everything currently in your bank. Unless we've managed to destabilise the Euro an equivalent amount in which case you'd best visit somewhere in the EU. But hey, maybe in the medium or long-term it'll raise slowly back to nearly the same level.

A lot of small businesses in my area have just bit the bullet and paid the new higher price for ordering the goods they need as prices creep up in relation to the sinking pound. If and when businesses start to pass on that cost to the customer, it really will be a 10% pay cut for the country. But hey, at least we escaped the 'shit fest' of the EU, boy did that effect me negatively on a daily basis. Democracy wins, oh so *winning* right now.

Boo hoo, you should change your name to Bleeding Heart Heskey. Seriously, both sides have scare mongered at points throughout this whole ordeal, now the remain side, they are doing it again, "our pound will never recover" etc, like you or the majority of people in this Country have any idea what will actually happen to the pound over the next year and the years to follow, bunch of armchair politicians and economists pouring their heart out because they didn't get the result they wanted. Everyone's mostly flinging shit around with nothing worth saying actually being said.

The fact is, this was a vote, it was voted on and this is the result, I DID NOT vote Leave, but I sure as hell do not agree with them just saying "Ok guys even though the Leave vote won, we are going to pretend that never happened because the Remain voters are really upset", because that is not how our system works and shits on the credibility of any major future votes.

"BUT MUH TRAVELS!!!", Yeah, Holidays and traveling is a luxury, not a necessity. The only major concern here is surviving and I am confident that I am not about to drop dead because of this vote.I work hard for my money, to put food in my kids mouths and to have a roof over their heads, if I have to work a little harder for the next few years then I will, but I don't believe our Country is now doomed because of this vote like all the Remain campaigners would like everyone to think.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 28, 2016, 03:37:14 pm »
Boo hoo, you should change your name to Bleeding Heart Heskey. Seriously, both sides have scare mongered at points throughout this whole ordeal, now the remain side, they are doing it again, "our pound will never recover" etc, like you or the majority of people in this Country have any idea what will actually happen to the pound over the next year and the years to follow, bunch of armchair politicians and economists pouring their heart out because they didn't get the result they wanted. Everyone's mostly flinging shit around with nothing worth saying actually being said.

The fact is, this was a vote, it was voted on and this is the result, I DID NOT vote Leave, but I sure as hell do not agree with them just saying "Ok guys even though the Leave vote won, we are going to pretend that never happened because the Remain voters are really upset", because that is not how our system works and shits on the credibility of any major future votes.

"BUT MUH TRAVELS!!!", Yeah, Holidays and traveling is a luxury, not a necessity. The only major concern here is surviving and I am confident that I am not about to drop dead because of this vote.I work hard for my money, to put food in my kids mouths and to have a roof over their heads, if I have to work a little harder for the next few years then I will, but I don't believe our Country is now doomed because of this vote like all the Remain campaigners would like everyone to think.

The real problem here seems to stem from all the uncertainty in the financial world - nobody knows what will happen, there doesn't seem to be a concrete plan either. And most of the investors don't invest into uncertainty.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 28, 2016, 03:59:23 pm »
+1
The real problem here seems to stem from all the uncertainty in the financial world - nobody knows what will happen, there doesn't seem to be a concrete plan either. And most of the investors don't invest into uncertainty.

Exactly, but neither does it mean "oh mai gawd we're doomed, all fakkin doomed m8". I don't think anyone was prepared for it properly, I don't think anyone truly expected this result, but it's the hand that has been dealt and regardless whether this vote is for the better or worse in the long run, we have to make the most of it.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 28, 2016, 04:21:04 pm »
Cheer up guys.  If the Pound stays in the basement at least England's balance of trade will really improve and  tourists will flood the country.  Lots and lots of Americans, Chinese and Euro tourists milling about.  Not all bad eh?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #928 on: June 28, 2016, 04:30:14 pm »
Soros [is] rarely wrong

Ah, another piece to the puzzle of the Leshma.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 28, 2016, 04:35:12 pm »
+1
It seems for most people voting 'leave' it was a cultural vote not economic, anyway, so we can only hope they won't be too disappointed in this department.