Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 78803 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #870 on: June 27, 2016, 12:07:22 pm »
+1
Oh no, the "verbal abuse". Why don't you bring up "microagressions" as well? Meanwhile the entire regressive media and their social media followers were and are in an orgy of racial hatred against the dying obsolete disgusting racist whites, but OF COURSE, this is completely different, because it's not really racist to abuse white people for their race, and it never has any real world consequences. But you're right, it's literally like fucking racist chocolate chip cookie brownshirts come again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 27, 2016, 12:24:28 pm »
It's no surprise the media are now circling back to "evil racist chocolate chip cookie brownshirts", after dwelling on "dumb ignorant disgusting poors" for a while, but have yet to go back to "this is an economic catastrophy". The FTSE dropped briefly before predictably rallying, to the chagrin of the media that were expecting some sort of apocalyptic fall, there are already trade deals and concessions in the works with the european countries the UK has large economic exchanges with, the US and even China have similar interests. It's almost as if the UK was one of the top ten economies on the planet and not fucking Iceland.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 27, 2016, 12:31:25 pm »
Add to that, the majority of MPs are remainers and may well not rattify it in parliament.

That would be highly democratic

:D

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #874 on: June 27, 2016, 12:43:05 pm »
Scotland would have to apply for membership after we leave and if they vote for independence which Spain would probably veto to stop the catalans declaring independence.

You know we are not and never have been members of Schengen right?
One step at a time. First Scottland would need to get a referendum through anyways.
One of the major Leave argument had been that the immigration through the european nation was unbearable,
it may just be open border agreements between france, belgium ... but through Schengen in these countries, there is arguable the case other can go freely there and therefor easier into britain. I would not mind, but my impression was that was one of the issues and the nationalists still push this issue further as far as i have seen in the press.

@Voncrow
don't get me wrong, i was 5 times in England and found the royal sights quite interesting and i am not hating that stuff by default, i just find it useless. Also answer me this, if all the lands and the castles would be in the hands of "private owners" or state owned, would they return less or more profit? There is a certain amount of guess work in this answer as is in the youtube vid you presented

@Obery
I would not deny that racism also is done against whites regularly, as a white male i just find it more honest to look at my own faults and at the faults of those i identify closest with then others. There already in that is an inbread rascism of my own of sorts, knowing that there is may help me over come it if needed. The capacity for racism, you may agree is in all of us and with everything sensed on a spectrum we fall into and out of categories at times. We are not only allways the rightous, the pure, the moraly superior. Yet when i read what you write i get the feeling you believe you yourself would be like that to a higher extent, not in comparison to others but as how you see yourself unreflected by the judging of others or even unscratched because of unwillingness/uncapability(?) to see with empathy. Then again what do i know, you are sofar intellectually superior to everyone else, it seems you are untouchable ... like god ... or Bugs Bunny ... at least as imaginary.
Why all that anger? You seem to more or less constantly go against muslems? Did i get the wrong impression or have you been more relaxed a few years back? Have you lost someone in the Charlie Habdoe attacks or something similar? If so i am truely sorry, still man give empathy a try once in a while, intellect is not all what is needed for a good life.

The media are doing what they always do, looking how to get people to watch their show. Time is the most precious comodity of all of us and the media is trying to suck it all out and get a little more corporate propaganda(that what it was called before the rebranding to advertisment) sold.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 27, 2016, 12:56:05 pm »
So the media focus on showing the wealth and "education" disparities between Remainers and Leaves, with not even the implication but outright stated assumption that the Leaves' decision was obviously based on large part on their being insulated, ignorant, uneducated and poor was a figment of my imagination? I'm glad there has not been any classicism at all from the London bubble towards the backward provincials, that would've been totally ironic.  The focus on the statistically insignificant Leave regretters was also not calculated at all I'm sure. There could've been ten thousand articles about ten thousand people who sincerely regret voting for Leave and it would still be statistically insignificant. What do you think the percentage of Leave voters that regret their decision really is? Couldn't possibly be cherry picked instances in order to support a narrative, god forbid, the media would never do that.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 27, 2016, 01:04:39 pm »
Yup, Charlie Hebdo and other Paris attacks absolutely did not affect my politics and beliefs in any way, thanks Heskey, it's great being able to keep my memory in another human being. I was so happy and excited too, you can clearly see it by the tone of my posts.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #877 on: June 27, 2016, 01:21:26 pm »
@Voncrow
don't get me wrong, i was 5 times in England and found the royal sights quite interesting and i am not hating that stuff by default, i just find it useless. Also answer me this, if all the lands and the castles would be in the hands of "private owners" or state owned, would they return less or more profit? There is a certain amount of guess work in this answer as is in the youtube vid you presented

That youtube vid pretty much nullifies any argument against the cost of the Royal family with fact. The stipend they get from the Government is far outweighed by the rents and other incomes the Governement receives as a result of the Royal families land holdings. If you start confiscating their land then may as well take every home owners. Just because the rights they hold are old, doesn't make them any less valid. There may be other arguments against them existing, but the financial one definitely isn't one of them.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 27, 2016, 01:29:46 pm »
Labour are crumbling. 14 cabinet members now resigned  :lol:

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 27, 2016, 01:30:43 pm »
Let's say that, hypothetically, a large group of neochocolate chip cookies suddenly started commited mass killings and individual isolated murders against minorities in the UK in the near future. Would Overdriven and Tomas be "happy" and "excited" their fears were proven right, or would they feel like Cassandras shouting "I told you so"? Vindicated is the word you're looking for. Proven right. Reinforced.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:33:54 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 27, 2016, 01:32:00 pm »
Labour are crumbling. 14 cabinet members now resigned  :lol:

The Momentum public response is almost anachronistic, something from the 20th century. Is this cult of personality around Corbyn normal?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 27, 2016, 01:38:03 pm »
+1
I don't really understand the Corbyn love. He would be a very very weak leader if he ever became PM. He doesn't seem like he knows how to fight a corner and comes across as a bit like a stereotypical librarian. But he represents the ultra left so they naturally are obsessed with him.

But then I'm a conservative voter so what do I know.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 27, 2016, 01:54:00 pm »
I think the people most likely to be wearing turbans in the UK would side with me on the apprehension towards muslims. Wow it's almost as if my "hatred" isn't motivated by the phantasm of racist white supremacy.

As for the "interest" of people like Overdriven, it seems strangely absent when it's the "minorities", or let's be a honest, a minority, doing the mass killings. Unless it's to "balance" out the discussion by bringing up anything but the obvious.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:58:38 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 27, 2016, 02:00:58 pm »
I show just as much interest regardless of who's committing the act. The arguments are usually similar either way. I just spend less time countering your 'all muslims are evil' kinds of arguments and more focus on other issues.

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 27, 2016, 03:48:20 pm »
What the fuck would you even know about the statistics? Want to trott out some more of the blatantly misleading, eagerly swallowed bullshit that's been making the rounds? So much pandering to the ironic and totally undeserved sense of intellectual superiority of a bunch of easily fooled and manipulated morons.

Hey Oberyn check this out

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/23/leave-or-remain-eu-referendum-results-and-live-maps/

and check this one out this one is pretty cool as well :):):)

:):)))) xx