Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 78745 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #795 on: June 25, 2016, 10:30:29 pm »
The 'leave' camp already tried it the night of the referendum because they knew the vote would be close, and at the time the 'leave' camp thought they'd lose by a narrow margin; 'if the vote is within 5% then it's not acceptable that we remain without another referendum'. Those words were quickly forgotten by that camp at 7am the following morning.

Since nobody's innocent of it, fuckit. Anyone living in the UK who strongly thinks this move will be harmful for the UK would be daft not to try. Since it's now up to the government whether or not they really leave, the more that can be put infront of Parliament that they have a legal obligation to discuss, the better.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

2.3 million and rising

I expect a healthy amount of 'buyers remorse', and even if not we'll still push to rejoin eventually when the current average-Joe pensioners have died out and been replaced by the current 'remain' generation. Just a matter of time. But if we can fast-track things or nip the issue in the bud that would be more efficient. It would take time to leave, it would take time + grovelling to get back in, eurgh.

For voters within the UK that wanted the UK to have more control, Britain first, whatever (makes more sense if you were over here hearing these tag-lines being used and overused). Within their lifetime, or even just a matter of years, they'll see the UK going from having a voice and input in European laws and policy, to not even having a say in laws and policy within areas of our own little island.

But, it's up the the UK voters whether or not they consider that to be a positive thing if and when it happens. Less relevant here because only a small % of people on this topic are UK voters, i'm not really a fan of 'i told you so' but i'll offer a hearty 'fuck you' when that time finally comes.

They should have listened to Nigel when he was bantering on for years about fixing the non-democratic process of appointing EU high commissioners and Presidents. I think it's too late to be hypocrites now.

https://twitter.com/david_cameron/status/732562392131997697
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:38:15 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 25, 2016, 10:36:36 pm »
+1
The 'leave' camp already tried it the night of the referendum because they knew the vote would be close

Leave and Remain camps have their tards, but somehow I dont feel there would be that much drama if Remain had won; most of the 18-30 are those who pollute the web, and they voted Remain. At least you dont hear the 60+ SJWs a lot because they dont know what SJW is and cant use internet  :mrgreen:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 25, 2016, 10:43:03 pm »
+1
Finnish media headline: "Many Brits regretting their choice - online petition for a new vote gathered over 2 million signatures."

So retarded and obviously biased. Hurr durr, 18 million people voted they wanted to stay in the EU, and now that this petition has 2 million signatures that must mean lots of "leave" voters regret their decision.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 25, 2016, 10:45:59 pm »
+3
Finnish media headline: "Many Brits regretting their choice - online petition for a new vote gathered over 2 million signatures."

So retarded and obviously biased. Hurr durr, 18 million people voted they wanted to stay in the EU, and now that this petition has 2 million signatures that must mean lots of "leave" voters regret their decision.

Hahahaha, most of the sigs are probably not even from the UK, I was able to vote twice, once as Salad Fork and once as the King of England.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 25, 2016, 10:55:10 pm »
Hahahaha, most of the sigs are probably not even from the UK, I was able to vote twice, once as Salad Fork and once as the King of England.

Its probably gonna be removed once they close the petition, IP checking isnt hard  :wink:

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 25, 2016, 11:01:01 pm »
Its probably gonna be removed once they close the petition, IP checking isnt hard  :wink:

Only 350,000 of the sigs are from the UK. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215.json

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2433
  • Infamy: 441
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 25, 2016, 11:04:32 pm »
Change = adaptation, good or bad

Change = there's a fire pit, why don't we jump straight into it to see what happens? Who knows, maybe things will be good...

This change is pointless just like Change during Obama's presidential campaign.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1715
  • Infamy: 1384
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 25, 2016, 11:08:16 pm »
It's not unreasonable, or for no reason. The immigrant crisis has shown the weakness of EU, and it's entirely reasonable that there are countries that want no part of their refugee quotas.

They will be part of that, if they want trade agreement with EU. Even leave campaigners acknowledge that.

Leave and Remain camps have their tards, but somehow I dont feel there would be that much drama if Remain had won; most of the 18-30 are those who pollute the web, and they voted Remain. At least you dont hear the 60+ SJWs a lot because they dont know what SJW is and cant use internet  :mrgreen:

Of course. Stupid decisions get the spotlight.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:11:55 pm by Leshma »

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #803 on: June 26, 2016, 12:25:01 am »
Just out of interest, how many of you non-brits have ever been to the UK?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 26, 2016, 12:29:11 am »
+1

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 844
  • Infamy: 1764
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 26, 2016, 03:26:39 am »

It's not that easy to visit UK if you are not from Commonwealth or EU/USA citizen. You were always isolated bunch but now you want to bring that to another level.

It is easier for me to visit China or India than UK.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 26, 2016, 03:32:51 am »
+1
Why is it so hard to admit that the Leave vote has mostly been cast by trash, though? A huge majority of those doing well for themselves are bound to have a personal reason to choose Remain. Be it due to frequent travel or commercial ties. Can't see a midlands jobless dude having those kinds of excuses, and the statistics are telling. It's amusing that UK poors voted Leave because they don't want to share "their" money with Poles, when richer UK citizens have pretty much exactly the same feeling towards the poor in general. Except in that case it's "solidarity" with people who decide to fuck their shit up.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #807 on: June 26, 2016, 12:16:38 pm »
+1
Why is it so hard to admit that the Leave vote has mostly been cast by trash, though? A huge majority of those doing well for themselves are bound to have a personal reason to choose Remain. Be it due to frequent travel or commercial ties. Can't see a midlands jobless dude having those kinds of excuses, and the statistics are telling. It's amusing that UK poors voted Leave because they don't want to share "their" money with Poles, when richer UK citizens have pretty much exactly the same feeling towards the poor in general. Except in that case it's "solidarity" with people who decide to fuck their shit up.

Yeah of course, slightly more than half the voters were clearly "trash". Fucking disgusting poors. On an unrelated note, only fucking racists don't want to shower compassion and support on poor foreigners who come to our shores looking for a better life, their poverty is an external factor that is entirely our fault, the disgustingly backward mores they bring with them will adjust in time. Redeemable trash, since they are not white. Any white person who is still poor, because white people are so clearly an ethnic overlord class of the entire planet, obviously is just inherently worthless and can be dismissed as the subhumans they are. Keep doubling down, I fucking love it, it's like watching a fucking trisomic hammer his own kneecaps as he weeps incomprehensingly.

What the fuck would you even know about the statistics? Want to trott out some more of the blatantly misleading, eagerly swallowed bullshit that's been making the rounds? So much pandering to the ironic and totally undeserved sense of intellectual superiority of a bunch of easily fooled and manipulated morons.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #808 on: June 26, 2016, 12:55:17 pm »
+1
I have a problem and i could use your guys help!

what was worse?

The vile ranting about people who dared to vote Conservative in the last General Election (i seem to remember a lot of the same disgusting uneducated ruining the world type rants)
The vile ranting about people who dared to vote Leave in the referendum.

You have every right to be upset with the result of a vote but calling everyone who isn't the same as you as uneducated idiot bigots and trash sounds a hell of a lot like Far right extremist speech.
Seems to me those on the left share more in common with those on the right than they care to admit.

You have those who claim the young were crushed by the old vote (as if somehow all young people think like them)
The future of the young was not hijacked. The "young" just didn't care enough to vote.

image big so spoilerd it
(click to show/hide)

from sky

% who got through our final #EUref poll turnout filter by age group:

18-24: 36%
25-34: 58%
35-44: 72%
45-54: 75%
55-64: 81%
65+: 83%

36% of 18-24 voted, If the turnout was so low how could they blame the old? Blame our own age group for the result
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:59:58 pm by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #809 on: June 26, 2016, 01:27:59 pm »
If only they were as concerned as you are with your country's poor and disadvantaged. I'm sure you see nothing wrong with the "big parties" discouraging these poor dumb brutes who don't know what's good for them of their votes. How exactly do you think they would do that, Molly? Do you think calling them evil racists was "ignoring" them, or their usual MO when confronted with anyone not towing the usual retarded globalistic, multiculti party line? Too bad the "mob" you have such deep contempt for are starting to give zero fucks about your favourite shaming tactics. Oh well, back to the drawing board, I'm sure insulting their intelligence some more will yield fantastic results.

Predictable regressives are predictable.