Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 78765 times)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #750 on: June 25, 2016, 01:16:52 pm »
+1
U wot m8?
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 25, 2016, 01:17:53 pm »
And how!

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 25, 2016, 01:23:19 pm »
+1
I am not sure if most voters realized that their vote on this is likely to make a way bigger difference for their daily lives than the general elections.

Oh I did, believe you me. That's precisely why I voted to leave.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #753 on: June 25, 2016, 01:36:22 pm »
+2
well that is how democracy works i guess. If you lose cry bitch and moan until you get to win, because anyone who didnt vote like you is a moronic inbred who doesnt deserve a vote.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 25, 2016, 01:43:54 pm »
+1
This reminds me of 2008 when all my friends gave me shit for not voting for Obama.
And how!

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 25, 2016, 01:46:35 pm »
@Heskey,

No one is saying it's alright they promised more than they could deliver, it's very typical of politicians before an election or referendum which is why trust in politicians is at an all time lowest.

Honestly you strike me as speaking from a position where you dont really care what this actually means for the UK, you'll advocate anything that even remotely resembles voting 'i love my country! Yay!' out of principle even if it brings nothing else to the table
I care a lot about the UK. The day before the referendum I wrote in this very thread that I think I am more in favour of 'stay' in the hope the UK could help Denmark and other EU sceptic countries reform the institution into something better. But honestly I am ambivalent, like I am about my own country's membership, which I why I embrace the 'leave' aswell. The question is how reformable the EU really is. I don't buy that the EU is somehow necessarily better in economics and other aspects outright, there has been very conflicting reports on this and everything looks like the UK will get a 'special agreement' with the EU, anyway.

As for the rest you write you just continue not wanting to acknowledge any of the arguments, often put forward intelligently by intelligent people (Douglas Murray and others), of the other side. The world is not black and white, in particularly not politics or anything as complicated as EU membership, even if the campaign tried to make it appear so.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 25, 2016, 01:52:36 pm »
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Just leaving this here for anyone eligible and interested.

''We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.''
Look at the US elections which have one of the lowest percentages in the western world of people actually voting, even for the presidential elections. 75 million Americans didn't vote in the 2008 presidential election for example and that was a year with one of the highest voter turnouts because of all the blacks coming out to vote Obama (largely for racist reasons). Perhaps another argument for closer democracy, people don't feel a part of the process when the the decisions are made in Washington or Brussels. As for the UK I think a lot of people really had doubts, which is understandable.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 25, 2016, 02:15:34 pm »
+1

''We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.''

1.3 million of what, 16 million remain voters who've voted on a worthless petition? Accept the result. Respect democracy.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #758 on: June 25, 2016, 02:17:14 pm »
There still has to be a parliament ratification though, right? The referandum on its own isn't supposed to be instantly binding.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 25, 2016, 02:19:59 pm »
1.3 of what, 16 million remain voters who've voted on a worthless petition? Accept the result. Respect democracy.

If they make another referendum it won't be a part of democracy?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 25, 2016, 02:22:38 pm »
If they make another referendum it won't be a part of democracy?

Would be funny if the result of this would-be 2nd referendum became "Remain", and leavers put up a petition to trigger a 3rd one because reasons :lol:

There gotta be a legal limit somewhere, a kind of "time out", like the fact we dont elect our president every couple days.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #761 on: June 25, 2016, 02:24:29 pm »
+4
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 25, 2016, 02:27:14 pm »
+1

Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 25, 2016, 02:29:46 pm »
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/united-kingdom/2016-06-22/leveraging-leave

From the very outset of the Brexit debate, there were those—including former London Mayor Boris Johnson, who favors leaving—who suggested that a “Leave” vote might not, in fact, be a vote to fully leave, but a signal to Brussels that the United Kingdom demands a deeper renegotiation that results in more substantial opt-outs and other special treatment. This line of thinking was swiftly brushed aside, both by the prime minister, who needed the vote to look final, and by the “Leave” campaign, which couldn’t look as though it wanted out but only sort of.

The one that has been utterly quashed is what would happen if British voters opt to leave. Contrary to the prime minister’s insistence that “Leave” means go, it is perfectly imaginable that after such a vote, the EU would go into panic mode. It could very well step in with an offer of a meaningful renegotiation. A new deal’s makeup would depend both on what other EU members offer and also on who is in Downing Street this time next week.

The whole country—and indeed continent—will be in the realm of the unknowable. Perhaps it was always so. But for the United Kingdom and Europe, the only question is which variety of unpredictability we will choose.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #764 on: June 25, 2016, 02:44:25 pm »

There's already a second petition on the UK Parliamentary website that has gotten up to 1,205,765 signatures. Created by William Oliver Healey, an activist with the English Democrats. Turns out the whole petition was a joke and he claims that it has been hijacked by 'sour grapes' remain supporters.

So a joke by a literal commie retard preaching the Worker's Revolution, and this brain-diseased bundle of sticks is still smarter than the absolute retards who unironically thought the petition was serious.