Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 78779 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #735 on: June 25, 2016, 12:46:30 am »
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling

Interesting fact: The country has lost MORE money in the hours since the OUT result than it could ever save from not paying into the EU.

lel

Where's Harry Potter gonna move now to?

Rowling lives somewhere in Scotland, so no need to worry, HP will stay in EU.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 25, 2016, 01:18:52 am »
+1
And I thought that my countrymen were retarded cause they elected our current government. Looks like these days there's really strong competition which nation is dumber. I'd say that Brits have the upper hand at the moment, but I believe in Americunts, in november they will show everyone who's the dumbest of them all.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #737 on: June 25, 2016, 01:35:02 am »
Who the hell expected that the NHS claim was ever going to happen? While in the middle of privatising the NHS and with the same people in power, there was no fucking way that could ever come true...

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #738 on: June 25, 2016, 01:41:55 am »
+5

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #739 on: June 25, 2016, 01:45:52 am »
As a sideline American viewer, I'm quite happy with the outcome.

Lost 2k probably, but eh, w/e. The weaker the EU, the more likely I can make fuck tons of cash.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2912
  • Infamy: 1933
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 25, 2016, 02:06:59 am »
The 'Leave' vote was based on sound logic and fact and was in every way just as valid as the 'Stay' campaign

We have similar dude in charge, and let me tell you this, you're in for real treat with him and that Boris Johnson fellow. You'll never know where the lies stop because they never will. Populism will cover every hole that pops open, while they will amass great personal wealth each of them.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 1803
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 25, 2016, 02:12:04 am »
As a sideline American viewer, I'm quite happy with the outcome.

Lost 2k probably, but eh, w/e. The weaker the EU, the more likely I can make fuck tons of cash.

I heard Derek Smart is campaigning for Florida independence. Beware of him, he already sunk Star Citizen.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #742 on: June 25, 2016, 02:13:52 am »
+1
I ended up voting to remain, I did this for two reasons:

• Our Government are shit, thus they're not going to manage leaving well at all.
  • We had NO plan AT ALL for the case of leaving, I don't know why, but we didn't. Stupid decision, as now we're riding through the fire and flames (sorry) into the 100% complete unknown without any plans.

If these two reasons weren't there I would have voted to leave, cos the EU is fucking crap, however, given the situation staying would be the lesser evil. Either way, we're out now, we've just got to go with it and ride the storm, I predict that for 2-4 years we're going to be hit very hard by the EU trying to fuck us over and just other stuff like recessions, inflation all that crap, but afterwards I do think we'll make it through, it'll be a long and stormy run but we're in it now, and there is no going back.

Overall, I'm not dissatisfied that we've chosen to leave the EU, however I do think it was a bad decision to do so given the current situation. Now we've just got to wait and see who the new PM is after October because Cameron resigned, the benefit is that Osborne will likely fall with him, however, I'm scared who our next PM will be. God forbid it's Boris or Gove or our NHS is 100% destroyed. Oh well, no sense worrying about it now, what will be will be and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it now.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2472
  • Infamy: 2823
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 25, 2016, 02:16:37 am »
Dont worry britain, we germans have a backup plan to reunite europe if the EU fails.Tests in the early 20th century were promising but need some adjustments. We are on it!

This comment lol

It's funny but at the same time very terrifying. We all know what Panzers are capable of.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1990
  • Infamy: 2067
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 25, 2016, 02:19:57 am »
cos the EU is fucking crap

Maybe. But you see, that crap is the only big ass country on this planet with some potential to turn out alright. Rest already crossed the line of no return and they are fucked beyond belief. Some more, some less. But they are in pretty shit position anyway. EU had potential but blew it.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 25, 2016, 05:13:03 am »
+1
Maybe. But you see, that crap is the only big ass country on this planet with some potential to turn out alright. Rest already crossed the line of no return and they are fucked beyond belief. Some more, some less. But they are in pretty shit position anyway. EU had potential but blew it.

It never was a country and that's a pretty arrogant assessment.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #746 on: June 25, 2016, 07:26:56 am »
+2
 ahahahahahaa God save Nigel Farage :D :D :D  http://www.finviz.com/map.ashx?t=sec    shorting on BAC earned 26k , kurwa he is my mentor for like 6 years now HE'S FINALLY DONE IT :mrgreen:
still shorting Goldman  Le Jew Sachs www.finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=GS&ty=c&ta=1&p=d  :D   burnnnnnnnnnnn market :D!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:43:35 am by McKli_PL »

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 25, 2016, 12:43:05 pm »
+4
Why do you think it is only people who voted leave who googled that? I think it's sensible to assume people are not very knowledgeable about the EU across the board, it's too far removed from people's daily lives. Another reason why closer democracy works better.

Also, I highly doubt the NHS thing was a prime motivator for people who voted leave, that's not the arguments I've heard at least.

Honestly, you strike me as speaking from a position of extreme arrogance painting everyone (half the country) with another opinion as ignorant or uneducated. Surely they can have no rational basis for leaving whatsoever.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:56:48 pm by Angantyr »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 25, 2016, 01:08:57 pm »
And how!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #749 on: June 25, 2016, 01:11:41 pm »
It can't possibly be the abstainers who probably were not even aware there was a vote or did not care until they saw social media and news exploding about it. Also gotta love the focus on the literal retards who now wish they had voted differently, because I'm sure that is also a statistically significant number of people, not at all another excuse for the Heskey types to masturbate about how inferior these plebs are. The Remain response has been fantastic, arrogant retards convinced of their superiority doubling down on the same tactics that are increasingly encouraging people to stand against them. They actually seem to think their utter contempt will inspire shame and reform, not resentment and loathing. Sorry it's not the early aughts anymore, gonna have to try a new tactic, this one is starting to lose it's edge.