Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 78732 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #615 on: June 24, 2016, 02:14:30 pm »
#britainfirst

That's a funny assumption you made there, not sure how you came to that conclusion just because I couldn't give a shit about Scotland or Gibraltar.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #616 on: June 24, 2016, 02:17:00 pm »
meh, Im sorry for you young guys in britland that wanted to stay.  vote was just rly unnecessary,  but in the long term,  I hope/guess not to much will change to the worse. 
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #617 on: June 24, 2016, 02:18:35 pm »
We'll see. I'm not too optimistic about the prospects for housing, prices of staples, government for the next 4 years (at least) etc etc.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 24, 2016, 02:20:54 pm »
+2
I have no chips in this vote, and have conflicted opinions on exit/remain, but god its always amusing to see people rage about good old democracy.

Ikr, especially UKIP raging about EU decisions jointly taken by elected member-state ministers and the elected EU parliament? The essence of the problem is that in democracies, people want to live in electoral districts dominated by their own opinions. It turns out, the majority of EU voters don't have the same opinions as the majority of British voters. The majority of London voters don't have the same opinions as the majority of English voters. It's exactly the same thing.

Unlike Gibraltar that may quite easily and happily find itself bedfellows with Spain

Not quite. The only reason Gibraltar isn't a shithole is because it's a tax heaven, and a rogue state in general.

Finally, I wonder what this means for our very own Belfast-based donkeycrew.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 24, 2016, 02:23:53 pm »
+2
In another year we would have had Presidency of the Council of the European Union too...

Lol
Finally, I wonder what this means for our very own Belfast-based donkeycrew.
Inb4 Brexit kills Of Kings and Men

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 24, 2016, 02:35:29 pm »
If that was our attitude we wouldn't have had this referendum in the first place.
Or Cameron could have ignored the result and allowed Parliament to decide, as was his right.

The world would be so simple the way you describe it. But when an entire region votes 1 way, and is forced into a position they do not consider to be in their best interest by nature of the union they are a part of, it raises the question of how well-suited this union is to their needs. And maybe it sounds craaaaaaaaazy for a region to consider leaving, well it hasn't been a long time since Scotland had that exact referendum for exactly these reasons. Not to mention the SNP stating this as their likely course of action if the vote takes this path, which it did.

I dont know how these two referendums got to exist at all (scotland for independence, then UK for leaving EU), I just accept it did.
Common sense tells:

- a country does not equal a region or a city, Gibraltar or London wanting to leave? Pretty sure its just ragetalk but if it came to be true, it wouldnt go through a vote but through armed rebellion to succeed; thus send tanks
- a major referendum such as "indepence y/n?" is a once in a lifetime chance, Scotland chose, end of the story

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #621 on: June 24, 2016, 02:41:11 pm »
+2
Eh?

I am referring to the mounds of salt on social media, in response to Butan's image. It is delicious. The smug millenial metropolitan fucktard gloating would've been unbearable, their salty tears taste of the sweetest ambrosia though. Tbf there would have been salt and unseemly gloating either way, and calls for ending democracy since it is obviously such a broken system because your evidently superior position was not that of the majority of voters.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:46:10 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 24, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »

There was a healthy dose of sarcasm in it. It was the championed line for the 'leave' platform, taking freedom back for Britain. I'm just enjoying that the people voting 'leave' either don't give a shit about 'Britain' as a whole, or simply didn't think it through.

I still prefer your stance to the people who just didn't think very hard about it before voting

I never voted because I wouldn't have been making a properly educated vote, which I think is why a large amount of people never voted. Most people I know on either side of the vote seemed to not know what the fuck they were talking about and the campaigns themselves presented little fact, or at least the ones they claimed as facts were usually not very solid facts. The leave campaign won half because a lot of people seem to think that leaving the EU means we are going to kick all the immigrants out and get rid of Muslims lol and the other half are just desperate for a positive change and seem to think leaving the EU is a good enough gamble that might give us a positive change.

All in all, I blame the lies, broken promises and general robbery of our wealth over the years by the Governments in charge that we have even come to this point, yet none of these politicians responsible for the lies and fuck ups will suffer the results of any vote we make because they're all rich and can just gtfo and live anywhere they like.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 24, 2016, 02:57:12 pm »
- a major referendum such as "indepence y/n?" is a once in a lifetime chance, Scotland chose, end of the story

The circumstances have changed enough for Scotland to be able to call another referendum, they are about to be taken out of the EU against their will.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 24, 2016, 03:00:14 pm »
+4
The leave campaign won half because a lot of people seem to think that leaving the EU means we are going to kick all the immigrants out and get rid of Muslims lol and the other half are just desperate for a positive change and seem to think leaving the EU is a good enough gamble that might give us a positive change.

All in all, I blame the lies, broken promises and general robbery of our wealth over the years by the Governments in charge that we have even come to this point, yet none of these politicians responsible for the lies and fuck ups will suffer the results of any vote we make because they're all rich and can just gtfo and live anywhere they like.

Tsk, don't you understand that calling everyone who voted for Brexit an old xenophobic white racist was a game winning strategy? It's worked so well for decades, why give it up now.

(click to show/hide)

For context the somali population of the UK was never granted asylum or visas here: they moved to holland in the early 00s got Dutch passports after 5 years and moved here en masse on eu passports. They then preceded to have one of the highest proportions of sign ons to welfare of any ethnic group.

The somali pop did Syrian refugees before Syria and are a perfect example of the abuse of free movement and eu rules that caused this vote.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2765
  • Infamy: 2917
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 24, 2016, 03:00:28 pm »
This makes old Vlad very happy :wink:

На здоровье my Anglo-saxon friends. You long fought for true independence from oppressors from Europe. Congratulations on your win. I'll further fund my friends in Europe to keep this train going choo-choo! (more oil money for you, beautiful Marie).

As for you, Europe:

My dearest Angela, enjoy the show :lol:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 24, 2016, 03:03:08 pm »
Cyka Blyat

Well it's a win win for everyone. Nationalists and Anti-EU get what they want. And if this all fails horribly, then the ones who voted stay can say ''Haha told you so ayy lmao!''

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 24, 2016, 03:15:45 pm »
Tsk, don't you understand that calling everyone who voted for Brexit an old xenophobic white racist was a game winning strategy? It's worked so well for decades, why give it up now.

(click to show/hide)

Lol, claiming racism then blaming "white people". I know plenty of non-whites who voted leave, that's the most annoying part about that picture.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #628 on: June 24, 2016, 03:20:09 pm »
+1
Weakening of the EU: Brexit, check
Isolation of Anglosphere: Boris and Donald, work in progress
Win Germany as jr. partner: next up(surprisingly many people here wouldn't mind)
Regain dominance over Eastern Europe:  still to come

Is he winning the campaign?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 24, 2016, 03:22:00 pm »
+5
Oh if only it was restricted to just the shit on that picture. Facebook, Twitter, Imagegur, Reddit, etc, it's pretty much the same everywhere. The same go-to "arguements" as usual for the regressive crybabies. The best are the ones saying stuff along the lines of "it should be forbidden for these fascists to vote" or "weighted votes giving primacy to younger voters are necessary" without a shred of irony.