Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 78781 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #345 on: May 15, 2016, 01:09:39 pm »
I dare say that Germany would be even more dominant without the 'ballast'.
Think of the EU as means to keep us in check, otherwise...

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 15, 2016, 01:20:27 pm »
I wouldn't mind welcoming our new German overlords, except they have a super shitty taste in politicians. I mean, come on. Merkel?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 15, 2016, 01:24:15 pm »
I wouldn't mind welcoming our new German overlords, except they have a super shitty taste in politicians. I mean, come on. Merkel?
In all these years, the very single first time she shows backbone is with the "We welcome everyone!", just to now slither back from it, making a highly stupid deal with Sultan Erdogan I.
Don't get me started...

We used to have politician with real character and backbone, like 20-30 yrs ago. Nowadays? Uargh...

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 15, 2016, 01:57:11 pm »
+3
Yes, I feel the same. If the Germans would elect some proper leadership next time and if the EU could be more democractic, be more about Europe and not just the interests of a few eurocrats and capitalists and protect its borders like everyone else in the world I wouldn't have a problem with it.

In all these years, the very single first time she shows backbone is with the "We welcome everyone!", just to now slither back from it, making a highly stupid deal with Sultan Erdogan I.
Don't get me started...

We used to have politician with real character and backbone, like 20-30 yrs ago. Nowadays? Uargh...
Merkel did well enough by modern standards until the migration storm, she was tough and steady on the economy and favoured the home industry instead of just outsourcing everything to the third world like most of the rest of the western world. She even declared multi-culture an utter failure back in 2006 heralding better integration of the massive amount of Turks you already have there from 1961 and onwards, the worst integrated immigrant population in Germany, 30% of which don't even have a high school degree (not uncommon in the US but more or less unheard of in Europe).

But it's as if she became insane in recent years, inviting the whole of Africa and the Middle East into Germany, no quality checks, and the 'deal' with Turkey has to be the absolute low-point of European diplomacy in this century, and will if nothing else prove to be a great barrier to the pan-European project.

On immigration (1.40 min)

On the economy (full debate)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:04:38 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 15, 2016, 02:14:57 pm »
Merkel and Germany have really fucked up big time with handling the immigrationcrysis. To the point of Europe basically now getting blackmailed by Turkey and no end to the 3rd world immigranthoards. 70-90% arent even fleeing war. Just their countries bad economy. And are here because Merkel told them that they can be. Atleast thats what all those people think she said.

But I somehow think that was Germany's plan all along. To deliberately fuck up. Before the whole immigrationcrysis, basically all EU countries with failing economies were throwing shit and blaming Germany. I think at that point they had enough and this deliberate fuck up was a plan to distance itself from the EU fully, while still maintaining a moral and political highground. Now they can distance themselves because everyone wants them to, nobody can claim that they just abandoned ship.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:18:24 pm by Tibes »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 15, 2016, 03:39:49 pm »
Merkel and Germany have really fucked up big time with handling the immigrationcrysis. To the point of Europe basically now getting blackmailed by Turkey and no end to the 3rd world immigranthoards. 70-90% arent even fleeing war. Just their countries bad economy. And are here because Merkel told them that they can be. Atleast thats what all those people think she said.

But I somehow think that was Germany's plan all along. To deliberately fuck up. Before the whole immigrationcrysis, basically all EU countries with failing economies were throwing shit and blaming Germany. I think at that point they had enough and this deliberate fuck up was a plan to distance itself from the EU fully, while still maintaining a moral and political highground. Now they can distance themselves because everyone wants them to, nobody can claim that they just abandoned ship.
rofl... literally...  :lol:

I love reading EU and Germany bashing especially from people out of the Eastern parts of Europe.
Like these former backwater dumps and former Russian litter boxes would be anywhere near where they are now without the shitty EU and without the evil German money.  :rolleyes:

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #351 on: May 15, 2016, 04:24:21 pm »
Gasp, such a fucking racist. Have you no shame for your blatant slavic hatred? I'm sure the supremely civilized turks and sommalians make for much better neighbours, and they would never, ever bash on Germany and it's people. They just fucking love you guys, don't just take your money and think you're pathetic weaklings. 90+ billion budget for one year to take care of the "refugees", enjoy. Such a huge benefit for the german people, look at all the good things "diversity" brings. Fucking eastern europeans aren't exotic enough to be considered under the umbrella of "poor blameless minority it is our duty to help", I guess. 
But then again everything in your perspective is ass-fucking backwards, so that shouldn't surprise me. Merkel was a shit spineless leader until she decided to unilateraly accept millions of backward scumfuckers on behalf of the entire continent. Clearly the most important, brave act of her rule, such a glorious legacy to leave behind.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 15, 2016, 04:32:08 pm »
rofl... literally...  :lol:

I love reading EU and Germany bashing especially from people out of the Eastern parts of Europe.
Like these former backwater dumps and former Russian litter boxes would be anywhere near where they are now without the shitty EU and without the evil German money.  :rolleyes:

We wouldnt be, we awknowledge it and most of us are/were greatful.

But it does not change the fact that you lost your fucking minds and forced Europe to take somekind of clearly selfdestructive path. Mybe the outcome wouldnt be that hard for Germany. But accepting those immigration terms was a suicide for Eastern-Europe in basically all levels of stability. The fact that you Central-Europeans are incapable of understanding that, opened our eyes aswell. We were about as equally shocked of you aggressively demanding this from us, as you were hearing us say no.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 15, 2016, 04:33:07 pm »
EU is starting to look more and more like a suicide pact.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 15, 2016, 04:44:44 pm »
But accepting those immigration terms was a suicide for Eastern-Europe in basically all levels of stability.

What?

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2016, 04:50:44 pm »
+1
Dont pretend like the polish didnt lose their minds even at the thought of it.

I dunno about you exactly. But we got retarded skinhead militia, votes for retarded parties on the rise. People being pissed at random foreign students. Groups of anti-immigration guys walking the streets while being countered by pro-immigration guys. And thats just from the thought of taking in immigrants. Imagine what it will be like if we will.  :lol: As I understand it, the others arent fairing any better.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:57:20 pm by Tibes »

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2016, 05:10:45 pm »
Dont pretend like the polish didnt lose their minds even at the thought of it.

We did, but that's cause we're stupid. Taking in 7 or 12 (not sure what the number was agreed) thousands of immigrants is no threat for a country with 38 millions of citizens, especially when almost all of them would be gone in a few months. Refugees are not gonna stay in countries like Poland where there're very strong anti-immigrant sentiments and subminimal social support.

And thats just from the thought of taking in immigrants. Imagine what it will be like if we will.

Okay, I thought you were referring to some actual threat coming from refugees in our countries. But if you're talking about a Pandora's box which was opened by immigration crisis, then you're right. Partially because of Merkel here, in POland ultra right wing parties have won the last election.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 15, 2016, 05:16:45 pm »
The japanese took in around 20 "refugees". It took a couple of months before 2 of them were arrested for a gangrape. Turks too, clearly fleeing war and persecution (lol). You should go find the woman who got raped and tell her they clearly were no threat, that dumb racist hoe.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 15, 2016, 05:30:02 pm »
if you mean that the ruling party will change constitution, imprison or by other means eliminate opposition, buy/threaten/cheat voters, or something similar, than it can not happen in current Denmark.

Few months ago I thought the same about Poland.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 15, 2016, 05:39:27 pm »
Okay, I thought you were referring to some actual threat coming from refugees in our countries. But if you're talking about a Pandora's box which was opened by immigration crisis, then you're right. Partially because of Merkel here, in POland ultra right wing parties have won the last election.

Nah. At worst the streets will be slightly less safer at night, but that would probably be the most of it. Everything else we will probably fuck up ourselves. Call it being smart or stupid, our population isnt most certainly ready to take in anyone. And people like Molly saying its being selfish, not really giving a shit and forcing us to do it anyway, isnt gonna change that fact.