Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 78743 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2016, 01:20:28 am »
+1
Doubt that will happen anytime soon, because that would be an act of aggression not just against Russia but against China as well and USA can't afford that atm. They never could, otherwise they would seriously arm South Korea decades ago.

Edit: When I think about it, Russia/China being "enemies" aren't the only problem. Japan would protest as well.

The main "reason" that the US has never delt with North Korea is two fold.

First, NK can, even with their shitty, 50+ year old military equipment, level Seoul to the ground before SK/US pushes the line far enough back. There is a pretty interesting study comparing Iraq war in 2002-3 with North Korea.(Published by the US military or DoD I believe). Iraq, being a much better equiped army(relatively) was push aside by a much more modern army, and that NK has such an outdated Military that US planners could expect a complete destruction of large swathes of NK military within months. Problem is, that the NK/SK line is <60 miles from the SK capital, and neither side can afford a fight that would damage Seoul.

The second is that the US/China have strong economic ties. China, though, can't afford a war with the US nearly as well as the US can. China is far to reliant on China, but the US is not nearly as reliant on them. And, if the Chinese try to truly interfere with the US using their "debt" as an excuse, the US can just run out of that very easily, while China will suffer very badly.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 01:29:32 am by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2016, 01:41:11 am »
The main "reason" is that they don't have any oil

is what you mean't
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2016, 01:41:43 am »
+3
(click to show/hide)

That's partially true.

"Thats what all the educated bunch of arrogant people think. The general problem with educated people is that they dont know how little they actually know. And that causes them to quite often overestimate their own mental capabilities and underestimate the value of true intellect. Thats why you generally hear the "education is everything" claim from people who have one.

But that's also partially true. Academic degree doesn't prevent from being... well, not very smart. There's plenty of people with PhD or professorship who act like morons.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2016, 02:01:19 am »
+1
But that's also partially true. Academic degree doesn't prevent from being... well, not very smart. There's plenty of people with PhD or professorship who act like morons.

Very true. Some well educated people make the most terrible decisions imaginable. It's hard to do better than joining ISIS.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2016, 02:20:04 am »
Thats what all the uneducated bunch of angry people think. The general problem with uneducated people is that they dont know how little they actually know. And that causes them to quite often overestimate their own mental capabilities and underestimate the value of true education. Thats why you generally hear the "education is worthless" claim from people who have none.  :lol: The value of education does vary a lot, but it sure as hell isnt worthless. Unless you majored in history in the Soviet Union or North Korea.
I'm under the influence that education is an important thing, however, the system of education available to me doesn't work for me.

I guess I'm just the odd one out that gets fucked in the ass by the system then :x

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2016, 07:23:22 am »
Doubt that will happen anytime soon, because that would be an act of aggression not just against Russia but against China as well and USA can't afford that atm. They never could, otherwise they would seriously arm South Korea decades ago.

Edit: When I think about it, Russia/China being "enemies" aren't the only problem. Japan would protest as well.

North Korea has the largest military in the world followed closely by South Korea, but South Korea is way more advanced. If it came down to it I don't think they would need help but they would get it anyways.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2016, 08:24:50 am »
I'm under the influence that education is an important thing, however, the system of education available to me doesn't work for me.

I guess I'm just the odd one out that gets fucked in the ass by the system then :x

Most of us are being fucked by the system, some of us just don't know it, and some of us are aiding and abetting those doing the fucking so naturally would want to defend the status quo. Fact is the global economy is crumbling and tensions with Russia and China are increasing. This is a world ran by educated people. So, who has the education system really failed? You? Me? Or the majority?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 08:27:58 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2016, 10:03:58 am »
Of course Molly, no such thing as indoctrination in higher learning. It's all incredibly objective and rational, every last discipline.
You actually wrote the word correctly. +1 for that.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2016, 10:24:43 am »
It's a good thing that I haven't been stating education is worthless because I was starting to get the impression  that you are trying to imply that I am thick. On the flip side however.

"Thats why you generally hear the "education is everything" claim from people who have one"
You have to justify your student loans somehow, even if it means you end up stacking shelves or taking calls next to mr uneducated.
Also...

"Thats what all the uneducated bunch of angry people think."

Over generalising is generally considered an intellectual weakness.

But with those sillyass edits you just generalized. Big time. Was even kinda cringeworthy.  If you didnt state that education is worthless than what was your point? Because we kinda understood it like that.

And ending up stacking shelves next to mr. Uneducated is practically inevitable for mostly everybody, even if you got a degree. Economy shifts rapidly, some fields go, some fields change, some fields come. Neither you, the state nor the uni can predict it fully.

Ofcourse it doesnt. A persons worldview can always get in the way of his capability to accept proven facts. Thats just how people are. No degree is ever gonna change that.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2016, 11:31:52 am »
is what you mean't
Yes, because they invaded Iraq just so China could get oil.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2016, 01:40:54 pm »
Most of us are being fucked by the system, some of us just don't know it, and some of us are aiding and abetting those doing the fucking so naturally would want to defend the status quo. Fact is the global economy is crumbling and tensions with Russia and China are increasing. This is a world ran by educated people. So, who has the education system really failed? You? Me? Or the majority?

Would the world in be in a better shape if it was ran by uneducated men though? Put Trump on the reins and everything would really be as great as he claims everything he touches becomes?

China would stop wanting to be a superpower and fall in line? Russia would become a best friend if we only had more uneducated men in charge?

I don't think it's fair to blame education for not having solved all the hard problems of the world already.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2016, 04:05:21 pm »
Wow, this thread went full retard. The only thing I said, is that people having a degree aren't necessarily smart, and vice versa. Of course, it's rare that people are dumbasses if they're properly educated/have a degree, but it happens. People, on the other hand, who didn't work or whatever to have a degree, aren't necessarily dumb; they can be lazy, not motivated, procrastinators, etc.. There are plenty of things that don't go accordingly to plans. Plus, realize that a world dominated by people who aren't educated is just going to set us back to middle ages, people with scientific education (and ethics) ARE needed. It is because people are uneducated they are willing to elect populists, create conflicts, start wars, etc., do not forget any of this. Do not believe that the basic ISIS fighter had a proper education, nor the basic Trump voter.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2016, 04:12:43 pm »
Wow, this thread went full retard. The only thing I said, is that people having a degree aren't necessarily smart, and vice versa. Of course, it's rare that people are dumbasses if they're properly educated/have a degree, but it happens. People, on the other hand, who didn't work or whatever to have a degree, aren't necessarily dumb; they can be lazy, not motivated, procrastinators, etc.. There are plenty of things that don't go accordingly to plans. Plus, realize that a world dominated by people who aren't educated is just going to set us back to middle ages, people with scientific education (and ethics) ARE needed. It is because people are uneducated they are willing to elect populists, create conflicts, start wars, etc., do not forget any of this. Do not believe that the basic ISIS fighter had a proper education, nor the basic Trump voter.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2016, 05:07:33 pm »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2016, 05:24:16 pm »
You people are so horny.