Author Topic: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands  (Read 6447 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 08:18:59 pm »
The whole game play/mechanics is crap. Feels like a simple 3rd person shooter.
I wonder who they are trying to bullshit about tactics and this being Ghost Recon.
It's just a retextured Division. Feels as arcade as Division.

Ghost Recon used to be demanding and unforgiving. This is just another shooter aka booooring.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 11:54:39 pm »
this is a tacticool operator simulator
tangos in sight over
copy alpha bravo cheesecake niner

Offline axel

• Baron
  • Renown: 116
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Athenoune_Fireblood
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Athenon
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 12:07:33 am »
SPOILER ALERT: dis gaem iz bad
Make the crusade great again
-Athenoune_FireBlood

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 01:34:18 am »
Ok I will have to agree with the consensus here and save my money. So Mass Effect next month then, I guess. Besides I still have Far Cry 4, Just Cause 3 and Deus Ex Mankind Divided to finish.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 05:00:37 am »
+1
i miss the old ghost recon.  Before this 3rd person crap

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 07:09:03 pm »
The gameplay looked like something out of GTA: V. So nice to see them replace tactical, original GR mechanics with this shit.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 04:44:30 pm »
Apparently it becomes way better with HUD off and highest difficulty.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 12:25:26 am »
Doesn't look awful, I suppose, but still just seems extremely boring and it constantly reminds me of GTA. Which isn't a good thing to be reminded of since gunfights aren't exactly GTA's specialty. A game like Wildlands, but tactical like the old ones, would've been so epic.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2490
  • Infamy: 1965
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 04:19:20 am »
+1
Tactical is so rare these days. Every squad based game should involve stances, orders, organized movement. I cringe so much at 3rd person strafing combat where you shoot at stuff removing percents of health bar without any visual feedback or effects.

You made realistic, life-like high definition graphics. Added believable animations and blended those animations to maximize immersion. Lip sync is everywhere and there are proper facial animations. That's cool, really. Thanks for that. But don't stop there motherfucker.

If it looks real, make it react like it is real. AI must seem smarter. If monster has fur, skin bellow it, muscles, skeleton beneath it, I'm sorry but invisible HP bar won't do it anymore. When I slash, parts fall off or get bruised. When I shoot holes appear. Last and most important, that affects monster in realistic manner. Same for human opponents.

In 1999. I played game called SWAT3. It had shattering glass and realistic materials. You could create holes in most of them and each would react as expected. Sound design followed that as well. Humans had decent AI for that time and you could wound them in many ways.

It is goddamn 2017. I expect more. Your tower conquest gameplay won't do it anymore. I want destruction everywhere. Want feedback from the world I'm shaping with my actions. And I want to it to work without me, the player. Simulated behavior of every actor.

If they could do it 18 years ago on PII 300Mhz with less than 2 million dollar budget with a team of no more than 20 people working on it for couple years, then I don't understand how a team of 300-500 people on a 5+ year budget of more than 100 million dollars can't make proper advancements in game design. It is called incompetence, you know.

You can say same thing about Mass Effect or any other AAA game of today. They just aren't well made.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 08:03:56 am »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2021, 01:32:23 pm »
Tactical is so rare these days. Every squad based game should involve stances, orders, organized movement. I cringe so much at 3rd person strafing combat where you shoot at stuff removing percents of health bar without any visual feedback or effects.

You made realistic, life-like high definition graphics. Added believable animations and blended those animations to maximize immersion. Lip sync is everywhere and there are proper facial animations. That's cool, really. Thanks for that. But don't stop there motherfucker.

If it looks real, make it react like it is real. AI must seem smarter. If monster has fur, skin bellow it, muscles, skeleton beneath it, I'm sorry but invisible HP bar won't do it anymore. When I slash, parts fall off or get bruised. When I shoot holes appear. Last and most important, that affects monster in realistic manner. Same for human opponents.

In 1999. I played game called SWAT3. It had shattering glass and realistic materials. You could create holes in most of them and each would react as expected. Sound design followed that as well. Humans had decent AI for that time and you could wound them in many ways.

It is goddamn 2017. I expect more. Your tower conquest gameplay won't do it anymore. I want destruction everywhere. Want feedback from the world I'm shaping with my actions. And I want to it to work without me, the player. Simulated behavior of every actor.

If they could do it 18 years ago on PII 300Mhz with less than 2 million dollar budget with a team of no more than 20 people working on it for couple years, then I don't understand how a team of 300-500 people on a 5+ year budget of more than 100 million dollars can't make proper advancements in game design. It is called incompetence, you know.

You can say same thing about Mass Effect or any other AAA game of today. They just aren't well made.