Author Topic: Mordhau  (Read 37687 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Mordhau
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2019, 05:03:32 am »
Well then, if Bannerlord ever even releases i guess that it will be disappointing. And the more i play of Mordhau, the more i grow to dislike it. Spawn, die to cav with insane hitboxes. Spawn, die to catapult (more often than not its friendly). Spawn, die to ballista. And so on.

And im not sure how much i like sprinting as it works in this game, people will clump up on you very quickly, and so it gets kind of zerg-ey. In crpg you could maneuver quite well with S-key in comparison. You could dodge a zerg for quite a bit longer, while in mordhau once they spot you the gap is closed very quickly.

Just a lot of frustrations in the game, so hard to justify continuing, but there is a charm still to it. I like medieval combat, and i like the way it looks. Just so many annoyances, fire bombs, throwing axes, shield and short spear, high tier weapons being just incredibly easy and powerful. After playing for a while with falchion, doing decent but with a lot of effort, and then looting a flammy and just swinging like a wild man at peoples heads and racking up kills like its nothing. It just feels unearned and boring.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2019, 07:29:32 am »
Sounds like you should play less Frontline. It starts to annoy me as well very fast because of the ballistas, team damage, cav, etc. A lot of it has to do with the maps, some of them just devolve into chaotic zergs with no real option of flanking. But they're releasing two new maps soon, one will be a city map with alleys etc., so that should be good. Also they just nerfed the chase mechanic so escaping from zergs is more realistic now, especially if you carry a smoke bomb.

But I have more fun in Skirmish, every kill is impactful, and there are some fun 1vXs at the end of the rounds.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2019, 12:16:17 pm »
One of the best Mordhau players said it on his stream, said he'd talked to the competitive players who'd beta tested Bannerlord.

Depending on mods to fix basic combat mechanics is never going to end well.

That just sounds like he was paid to say that - also no name? Who? Did you make this up?

I wouldn't be worried about modding not being up to par. Bannerlords supposed to be much more plastic and flexible. No WSE, hardcode etc
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2019, 04:17:08 pm »
That just sounds like he was paid to say that - also no name? Who? Did you make this up?

I wouldn't be worried about modding not being up to par. Bannerlords supposed to be much more plastic and flexible. No WSE, hardcode etc
LOL I actually briefly considered that someone might be retarded enough to say that, but then I discounted it as too far fetched for even these forums. Should've realized by now I can't underestimate the low IQ individuals here. Small minds move in such predictable patterns and are, apparently, entirely incapable of using common sense to break out of them.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2019, 05:33:40 pm »
LOL I actually briefly considered that someone might be retarded enough to say that, but then I discounted it as too far fetched for even these forums. Should've realized by now I can't underestimate the low IQ individuals here. Small minds move in such predictable patterns and are, apparently, entirely incapable of using common sense to break out of them.

Yeah, better keep avoiding it
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2019, 06:05:55 pm »
The small indie studio paid a small streamer to casually mention Bannerlord's feint nerfs when asked about Bannerlord despite the vast majority of his viewers not giving a shit and the rest that do would just find out the truth anyway after more combat gameplay. This is clearly the most likely scenario. What a great return for their investment these devs are getting from their clever badmouth campaign, especially after people already bought Mordhau.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The first reaction of brainlets to any information that doesn't align with their worldview is always "CONSPIRACY!!!" no matter how little sense it makes. And yes, of course, I didn't give the name of the streamer, because that matters so much -- maybe the small indie studio is paying me to spread this information on the wildly popular cRPG forums.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2019, 06:43:05 pm »
 :lol:

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2019, 06:59:47 pm »
If anyone figures out how to have stab and strike on the same LMB so it's like m&b lemme know.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2019, 09:40:08 pm »
Think I'm starting to change my mind about the 1vX, it's probably more doable in Mordhau than it is in WB. In WB high level 2v1s were basically entirely impossible (held attacks and absolutely zero designed 1vX mechanics saw to that), the insane 1vXs happened against normie zergs. In Mordhau 1vX is still very difficult against good players, but far more doable and happens sometimes.

https://clips.twitch.tv/KindPlacidTriangleKappaWealth

Here's one funny 1v4 where the #1 EU player wins while naked and with a meme weapon against a top tier Russian clan. He's done at least one 1v3-4 every time I've watched him in scrims.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2019, 10:21:39 pm »
traitors
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2019, 10:41:20 pm »
Think I'm starting to change my mind about the 1vX, it's probably more doable in Mordhau than it is in WB. In WB high level 2v1s were basically entirely impossible (held attacks and absolutely zero designed 1vX mechanics saw to that), the insane 1vXs happened against normie zergs. In Mordhau 1vX is still very difficult against good players, but far more doable and happens sometimes.

https://clips.twitch.tv/KindPlacidTriangleKappaWealth

Here's one funny 1v4 where the #1 EU player wins while naked and with a meme weapon against a top tier Russian clan. He's done at least one 1v3-4 every time I've watched him in scrims.

Looks pretty cool, maybe a bit silly looking doing swings while being completely faced away (I'm guessing to hit them with the end of the swing). I just dislike the first person, how gimped are you if you play 3rd person and are you even allowed to on most servers?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2019, 10:49:21 pm »
Swings while looking away is called swing manipulation, you're either doing it to accelerate it so it hits faster, so like hiltslashing, or to slow them down, "dragging." You can do both while keeping the enemy in vision as well, they're just not as extreme.

Third person is allowed everywhere, the devs were thinking of disabling it in upcoming comp mode, but when they asked Giru (the #1 EU player in the clip) he said it shouldn't be disabled and people are only asking for it to be disabled because they're scared of learning something new. So I think they'll go with that. Giru says 3rd person is viable, and the fact that some comp players want it disabled speaks to its viability as well. I haven't found that it makes that much of a difference personally, I just prefer first person because after getting used to it it feels better, and in third person you have to constantly look down to see over your character model. The swing manipulation is a lot easier in third person, though, and you can still keep people in your sight even while doing extreme drags.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2019, 11:29:07 pm »
The issue with "viability" of some things is that every Mordhau alpha tester is a chiv vet, at least all the good ones, so they went straight from Chivalry keybinds to Mordhau. So, they all use first person and keybinds. Might be more third person players if Warband players were more prominent in the alpha testers.

Tried some TP gameplay on a duel server just now, and it feels easier to read some attacks for sure, but if you forget to look down enough then stabs can be literally hidden by your own model. Felt harder to aim thing at first but was getting used to it pretty fast. Camera placement is really important in TP, if you forget to reset it to a "neutral position" then attacks can be hidden by your model, but that's probably just a matter of habit. Looks roughly like this, anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qhxbCRVwEM
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2019, 12:39:10 am »
The most important tip in this game for me was to listen for enemy grunt before parrying. So relaxed now.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2019, 01:02:15 am »
That tip is everywhere, but it is decidedly NOT a good tip. It is, in fact, an awful one. It's an extremely bad habit to acquire. It'll work against bad players, but it's going to get you killed every time against good players who know how to swing manipulate and aim their thrusts. The grunt will either come too late or too early for you to react when you go against people who know what they're doing. The best NA player actually plays without sound entirely because he thinks the grunt is just deceiving and he prefers music.

I'm glad that when I first heard that tip and tried it, I got disabused instantly by playing a good duelist. Only later did I read about all the comp players laughing at what awful advice it is.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:05:19 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.