Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 87217 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #735 on: May 10, 2016, 01:13:53 am »
Awesome video! The victims raged no doubt :D few games could make me swear as bad as I do in DS - I lose control and mix English with Russian, making up new long words and such :) I even start kicking the air while sitting on a couch, siezuring and convulsing like a 5 year old. Once I had cramps in my neck after such a stunt.

Jesus
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #736 on: May 10, 2016, 10:31:44 am »
Nice :) it's very hard to hit with imo, same as with Dark Hand's life drain... Too long charge-up. I've been testing to see if I can catch someone who is raising up after a crit, but no, there is more than enough time to roll out. May be in a chaos of battle, if you save it up for a surprise attack.

Awesome video! The victims raged no doubt :D few games could make me swear as bad as I do in DS - I lose control and mix English with Russian, making up new long words and such :) I even start kicking the air while sitting on a couch, siezuring and convulsing like a 5 year old. Once I had cramps in my neck after such a stunt.

Edit:

I have actually reached hand-held storage limit on tongues :)

May I present - Lord Wart Locust:

Did you do this on purpose?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 10, 2016, 10:33:24 am »

Too bad it's a bug and it'll get fixed (eventually). Sadly you don't get as much damage with a legit Sacred Flame. Sure was fun to watch tho

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #738 on: May 10, 2016, 01:53:29 pm »
+1
Playing UGS or any slow weapon for that matter is a bit like Ganondorf in Smash Bros games. The appropriately named Meta-knights will kick your ass most of the time, unless they're scrubs.

Been rolling my UGS in PVP quite a lot recently. It's hilarious how many times you can win just by holding up the great shield of glory and crowding them. Constantly staying in their face really throws them off.

Think you can roll away? Think again I'm back in your face.

As long as you time your hits right and dodge if they try anything to break your shield down then you are fine. Once you get that critical first hit, most players are so soft you can kill them in 3 chained hits. That and I'm using the profaned greatsword a lot. The weapon art on that thing really fucks people up. It's got a very delayed wind up so 90% of the time someone times their roll completely wrong so they come out of the roll just as it hits and a lot of the time it's almost a 1 shot kill it does so much damage.

The ones I have to look out for are those who figure out they have enough stamina to swing over and over against my shield breaking down my stamina and leaving me open. Alas I am sticking with heavy armour so fat rolling away doesn't overly help. Some of those weapons can swing a good 10 times on a levelled char. But the number of those who figure this out is remarkably low.

That and the idiots who think they can trade hits against a UGS. Some morons think they can lower their guard and hit once then keep on going. As long as I get a swing in around the same time as they do that it's again a guaranteed kill.

I always do a completely blind run first, obviously you'll fuck up most of the questlines. Second run is following a guide like this one so you actually do the quests.

Yeah precisely what I did. Think I missed every single one of the NPC story lines though did manage to stumble across the alternate ending with the firekeeper eyes. Second play through I completed about half of the storylines including the alternate ending via Anri.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:04:02 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #739 on: May 10, 2016, 02:22:42 pm »
Did you do this on purpose?

What do you mean?.. Do I rage on purpose?.. If so, then no :) it just happens, like when I need to pick up my souls, and I fall off a cliff, losing 50k. Or when I get pushed in a corner by 3 guys, and get hit-stunned with no chance of getting out.
It's not like I lose my cool every time I play, besides, I did so many invasions by now, that I leave few chances to the host ;)
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 10, 2016, 02:59:18 pm »
An easy boss if you can parry (you first need to assume you even *can* parry a boss) but very punishing to a shield-turtler which the rest of the game was pretty accommodating to, so the sudden change to a very-aggressive, very grabby boss really created a fight that punished him a lot and made him rage. (I 2-shot him with OP glass cannon sorcerer build on my first try)

Have to disagree with this. Artorias shield or Havels makes gwyn laughable. His grab is very easy to spot coming (unlike the fucking dancer, half the times I die to her it's because I missed the grab coming). Especially if you take even more advantage by using the rock on the left hand side just as you enter so he's chasing you in circles.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 10, 2016, 03:07:11 pm »
Dunno what to tell you, was our first blind playthrough so maybe he had a gimped build and he certainly was bad. But I'm pretty sure he made the artorias sword instead of shield and didn't have the 50 str needed for Havel's greatshield. Either way, I just remember a lot of passive play, guard breaking, and tears.

Not a proper shield turtler then  :P

I didn't even make it to Gwyn on my first blind play through. I think I got to Ornstein and Smough, couldn't find anyone to summon and ended up dropping the game for 6 months.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 10, 2016, 03:14:15 pm »
+1
Not a proper shield turtler then  :P

I didn't even make it to Gwyn on my first blind play through. I think I got to Ornstein and Smough, couldn't find anyone to summon and ended up dropping the game for 6 months.

so you're a summoning shield turtler.. do you feel any shame at all

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 10, 2016, 03:19:24 pm »
so you're a summoning shield turtler.. do you feel any shame at all

Nope. Shield turtler is my favourite build. Fuck all that bull shit rolling around in circles. It's more hilarious just to sit there and watch them do it and slam them with a great sword.

My first blind char is still stuck inside The Great Hollow in someone else's xbox :(

Without the ability to warp, that weird invisible wall that stops you progressing backwards in the great hollow that I now know you need to find a weird wiggly way to get past... he never found a way back out. Shame cos he'd beaten Orns and Smough. That's why my next build was scumbag glass cannon sorcerer who breezed through the game.

That first char tho... Black Knight sword and stone giant shield, he had some swag. You can never recreate the experience of your first ever souls playthrough, everything is new and terrifying.

Anyone else have some craaaaaaaazy 'first souls game playthough' shenanigans? Stuck characters, doing events out of order etc. My first guy was doomed from the start, not only was he briefly and terrifying staying in Tomb of the Giants without lordvessel where his spawn was set to the first bonfire in that area, he then got trapped in The Great Hollow and never escaped. He's probably hollow by now... I just wanted to explore deep into the earth!!!!!!!! RIP

I had no idea the great hollow even existed until my 3rd full play through. Mostly because I think I just rush blightown swamp to get out of there asap. Then don't return until I can just warp straight down to the pale lady bonfire.

I made the standard mistake of going cemetary/catacombs first. Fuck those necromancers and skeletons. My first playthrough started horribly. Then there was the second noob mistake of not buying any purging stones after the gargoyles. I ended up cursed by the basiliks before the gaping dragon and spent hours trying to fight my way back up to the guy who sells them after eventually giving in to the wiki just to find that out.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:23:11 pm by Overdriven »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 10, 2016, 09:37:33 pm »
+1
In the first Dark Souls I spent about 30 minutes to an hour in the cemetery thinking people were right, the game really was hard.

I was disappointed the other day, after another bogus invasion, when I found I couldn't twist my 360 controller in half. I tried for another ~10 seconds after the rage had subsided.
And how!

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 11, 2016, 04:06:37 pm »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 11, 2016, 04:15:56 pm »

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 11, 2016, 05:23:33 pm »
+1

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #748 on: May 12, 2016, 09:57:27 am »
+1
Just got this game, I'm hoping to do the same build as I did in DS2. Fat rolling, heavy armor, Dual Ultra Great Swords, with crossbow. I thought it was great fun, but it took a bit to get the strength and stuff to use two ultra greatswords. I think the only consumables I ever used was the estus flask lol, game is too complicated for me....

Ain't no mob gonna survive a few swipes from me!!!

Anyone else have some craaaaaaaazy 'first souls game playthough' shenanigans? Stuck characters, doing events out of order etc. My first guy was doomed from the start, not only was he briefly and terrifying staying in Tomb of the Giants without lordvessel where his spawn was set to the first bonfire in that area, he then got trapped in The Great Hollow and never escaped. He's probably hollow by now... I just wanted to explore deep into the earth!!!!!!!! RIP

I bought Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition for the Xbox 360 awhile ago, never played it before, never looked up a guide. When I got to the main area where you meet this really creepy sounding guy and a cleric, I didn't know you could go to the castle. I just kept going into this graveyard and getting wrecked. My friend and I kept passing the controller off for a couple hours. It was frustrating, but a lot of laughs were shared. Eventually we just tried to sprint through the graveyard and we would make it into these caverns and we would keep running, but in the end we were always torched by this lantern wielding guy! Eventually we decided to see if we were doing something wrong! It turns out we went to somewhere we weren't supposed to go for awhile. We turned around and went to this castle, we sighted our first mob aaaannndd WHAT we killed it in like two hits!!! We ventured further into the castle and killed our first boss. Then we quit, and I never wanted to touch that game again, haha. It was good to play for like 6 hours with my friend though, switching off between deaths.

I actually beat DS2, but didn't feel like doing the DLC's, I hope DS3 will be as good as DS2!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:08:15 am by Jarold »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 12, 2016, 10:37:35 am »
Just got this game, I'm hoping to do the same build as I did in DS2. Fat rolling, heavy armor, Dual Ultra Great Swords, with crossbow. I thought it was great fun, but it took a bit to get the strength and stuff to use two ultra greatswords. I think the only consumables I ever used was the estus flask lol, game is too complicated for me....

You can't do dual UGS, there's no powerstancing in DS3.