Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 87223 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #720 on: May 05, 2016, 03:17:57 am »
So im making a dancer cosplay kind of character, and i know about the cheese so i was going to do it but apparently you cant kill vordt before otherwise the summoning sign for sword master dissapears. So after killing him and realising this i chose the hard route and fought for like 1-2 hours with the dancer, +2 weapon at sl20, but i finally got the twin blades. They are probably shit but they look epic. Damage might be good with both fire and magic clutch rings.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #721 on: May 05, 2016, 04:19:23 am »
So im making a dancer cosplay kind of character, and i know about the cheese so i was going to do it but apparently you cant kill vordt before otherwise the summoning sign for sword master dissapears. So after killing him and realising this i chose the hard route and fought for like 1-2 hours with the dancer, +2 weapon at sl20, but i finally got the twin blades. They are probably shit but they look epic. Damage might be good with both fire and magic clutch rings.

Don't go over lvl 20 and put god's fear in everyone on the wall and the settlement! Rosaria demands it so!
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #722 on: May 05, 2016, 04:35:27 am »
Don't go over lvl 20 and put god's fear in everyone on the wall and the settlement! Rosaria demands it so!

Haha, i couldve done that. But beating the boss gave me like 65k so i hit nearly 40 from that. I dont like twink (sort of) invasions tho, i want to invade with odds against me.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #723 on: May 05, 2016, 07:34:23 am »

My babyfaced 2hander approve, i started a new game just so i can invade noobs like me. Already won several 1 vs 3 by now, i think it's the best way to improve for me, against better players i just get fucked before i can do fancy stuff with my weapons.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 05, 2016, 09:07:18 am »
Haha, i couldve done that. But beating the boss gave me like 65k so i hit nearly 40 from that. I dont like twink (sort of) invasions tho, i want to invade with odds against me.

I cheesed dancer on my third char. So many souls, even looted the next two areas for chunks then farmed knights for large titanite shards to get a +9 weapon early and even more souls. Obviously this makes th next few areas a bit easy. For some reason I got invaded by a wolfboy in the swamp area later, and I don't think he was nearly as powerful as me :lol:

As for the PvP in this game, when you see someone with a Katana or Washing Pole or Thrusting sword slap a magic buff on his weapon and eat a stamina weed you know you're in for some 'no fun allowed'.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:21:16 am by Vibe »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 05, 2016, 03:20:09 pm »
Recently bough the game, I'm aiming for UGS (max str) and lots of vitality/vigor + heavy armor.
Can I avoid dumping any points in every other stats and still be viable tank?

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 05, 2016, 03:29:14 pm »
Recently bough the game, I'm aiming for UGS (max str) and lots of vitality/vigor + heavy armor.

Absolutely! Although without investing in endurance,  i would suggest using a tower shield with as high stability as you can find, and using a 1h weapon. Base stamina will only allow you 2-3 swings with large weapons, and guarding with a small shield / low stability will drain your stamina almost instantly, and imo an unreliable shielding is worse than no shield at all.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 05, 2016, 03:50:14 pm »

Heavy armor doesn't do much in this game, because poise is kind of disabled. You'll get a bit less damaged on high damage hits but that's about it. Maybe they'll change it maybe not. It's more about fashion than not when it comes to armor at the moment. I also suggest going into endurance if you're planning on using UGS, better endurance can mean one or two more swings with UGS which is a pretty big deal.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 05, 2016, 05:07:49 pm »
Fashion first!  :D
Thx for the tips, I will keep points to up endurance in case it is really too hard without.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 05, 2016, 05:49:11 pm »

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #730 on: May 05, 2016, 05:57:06 pm »
I wish NPCs had more dialogue...

The worst part about this is that some NPCs do get extra lines triggered, but it's so infrequent that you quickly get used to the idea they'll just say the same 1 thing they always say. Easy to miss interesting bits and pieces because of it

The triggers to push character storylines along are obscure and arbitrary, as usual. I thoroughly spoiled myself since there was zero fucking way I'd ever run into all of them otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4caahQd6N80

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 05, 2016, 05:58:10 pm »
The triggers to push character storylines along are obscure and arbitrary, as usual. I thoroughly spoiled myself since there was zero fucking way I'd ever run into all of them otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4caahQd6N80

I always do a completely blind run first, obviously you'll fuck up most of the questlines. Second run is following a guide like this one so you actually do the quests.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 08, 2016, 03:24:32 pm »
Playing UGS or any slow weapon for that matter is a bit like Ganondorf in Smash Bros games. The appropriately named Meta-knights will kick your ass most of the time, unless they're scrubs.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 08, 2016, 04:56:16 pm »
+3
Made the most annoying low lvl PvP char - a sl17 dragon with 26 vigor :) I invade people on the wall for the most part, use a white branch or just play dead with a ring that makes me look "human" - people been walking past me, or stare for a bit and walk away :) sometimes I just squat in a corner, but since no one is expecting a dragon - they just think I am a part of the scenery.
Had so many laughs with this shit :D

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 09, 2016, 11:44:56 pm »
+3

Nice :) it's very hard to hit with imo, same as with Dark Hand's life drain... Too long charge-up. I've been testing to see if I can catch someone who is raising up after a crit, but no, there is more than enough time to roll out. May be in a chaos of battle, if you save it up for a surprise attack.

Awesome video! The victims raged no doubt :D few games could make me swear as bad as I do in DS - I lose control and mix English with Russian, making up new long words and such :) I even start kicking the air while sitting on a couch, siezuring and convulsing like a 5 year old. Once I had cramps in my neck after such a stunt.

Edit:

I have actually reached hand-held storage limit on tongues :)

May I present - Lord Wart Locust:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:39:04 am by Armpit_Sweat »