Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 63279 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #375 on: June 02, 2016, 10:40:20 am »
+1
Great News! thx for sharing, guys

Also, check this out: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?731465-WARHAMMER-Radious-Total-Units-Mod-%28Released-31-5-2016%29

I use the Radious mod, mainly to slow down the battles and make them feel more epic, rather than two big armies clashing and one routing in 30 seconds lol, I don't like how many skill points Radious gives the characters on leveling up though, it gets ridiculous because in the end you can just max everything, no generals will be unique, hoping someone sub mods that or he changes it himself. I already use a sub mod for Radious mod to revert the upkeep costs back to Vanilla, you already get enough gold in Vanilla but with Radious the upkeep is so small it is just a massive stack spam. I have never enjoyed stack spams because big battles start to feel meaningless and it doesn't really become any more difficult, just more time consuming with managing more armies and characters. In my Orc campaign with vanilla upkeeps I already have plenty of armies and upkeep coming in, with Radious values it would just be silly.

I do not use the Radious unit mod though, because even though I am not a massive Warhammer Lore geek, he has made units like "Black Arrer Orcs". As far as I am aware, Black Orcs see ranged weapons as cowardly puny weapons, they're strictly Heavy Infantry and are equipped with some of the best armour and choppas you would see in an Orc Horde, it doesn't really make sense to have them as Archers in lore and honestly, Orcs have plenty of ranged choices as it is. Some units he has made and will also probably make in the future will also lessen the differences between the armies, like he will strengthen each Factions weakness and we'll see the Factions being less unique, in favour of straight up overall army "balance" rather than just building units based on their strengths and trying to keep that balanced.

I do like Radious's work, but sometimes I feel that he thinks that quantity of quality is always best, making tons of units for each army just because "bigger roster" doesn't really work well for Warhammer IMO. Same with his tendency to reduce upkeeps and favour stack spamming, also now giving the generals and characters too many skill points on leveling up so they can all be max everything very easily.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #376 on: June 02, 2016, 10:52:21 am »
Absolutely agree.

Battles with 8vs8 or something are the most entertaining to me. You keep a good overview of the battle and each unit actually matters. Strengthens tactics too.

Right now Vanilla is already so good, the only thing I use is a mod to lower damage overall, slower morale decline and other smaller things to prolong the battles. A mod to buff Slasher (they need some love for being epic, legendary and all that), a mod that adds visible officers to units (same stats, just looks)... umm... some camera mod with moar zoom... would need to check which other mods... but mainly eye candy things and barely anything editing gameplay.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #377 on: June 02, 2016, 11:09:28 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Where are these guys? I loved having a banner unit in Shogun  :(

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 02, 2016, 05:12:16 pm »
Yeah, there was a massive thing on TWcenter forums way before game release about the Warhammer units not having Banners, considering it's quite a common thing to have in Warhammer and they've had that kind of stuff in TW games before, a lot of people were pissed they wouldn't be seeing them in TW Warhammer. A lot of people did feel that they would probably sell it to us as a DLC, which could be true lol.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:19:24 pm by Leesin »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 02, 2016, 07:38:14 pm »
What I wonder is how expanded map/additional races will work with the chaos end game thing.

already chaos aren't as threatening to dwarves/orcs due to distance. but if we have elves or whatever on other side of map will there be a new end game mechanic for them?

wiping choas is grindy as hell, but without some sort of realmdivide or invasion campaigns just get stale.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 02, 2016, 09:39:44 pm »
Well, I imagine they will probably scale the strength of the Chaos Invasion up, with them pushing out in more directions. In my campaigns so far, even before I used mods, the Chaos Invasion has been fairly "meh" so it might need a buff anyway.

I personally dislike the whole forced "invasion horde" scenario because I feel it takes away from the freedom of a Total War game, I like seeing different factions flourish each campaign and even sometimes the really tiny ones, with Chaos Invasion an inevitable surge of power hits the north and it completely forces alliances and focuses to change, having the same effect on every Campaign and makes the northern most territories the weakest. Ultimately I would have enjoyed it more if Chaos was just a standing Faction, already existing and acting, but they went with the whole End Times scenario. Would have been nice if there was a choice in "Campaign scenarios", but hopefully we might see some campaign DLC for that.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #381 on: June 02, 2016, 10:53:51 pm »
Afaik, the Chaos invasion during the End Times also moved down on Naggaroth, where Dark Elves live, so they'll have their share of Chaos as well, no idea how it'll be handled though - separate chaos faction, or wut? :o We'll see, I'm optimistic towards their expansions.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 02, 2016, 10:55:45 pm »
I'm optimistic towards their expansions.

Same, because it will cost 30€/$ a piece  :lol:

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #383 on: June 03, 2016, 01:36:01 am »
already chaos aren't as threatening to dwarves/orcs due to distance.

When Chaos spawns / you get the whole introduction animation that they've emerged, one Chaos army(not main Chaos army but a tribe) spawns around the water next to the Greenskin area and take 1 turn to get on land. They got two full armies with strong troops, so they are a threat to pretty much every nation.

This fuck'd me over in so many ways because I wasn't expecting it and all my armies were like around 10 turns away. Decided to reload a prev save and stack armies near their spawnpoint until they arrived and wiped them out in two turns.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #384 on: June 03, 2016, 06:12:07 am »
Lustria had a nurgle attack and once they fended that off, the skaven attacked their weakened state. Lizardmen will have good endgame too  :mrgreen:
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 03, 2016, 08:45:06 am »
Yeah, every nation should be threatened in an expanded world, because of Skaven + other Chaos tribes (we only have Norsca in this world).

The Bjornling invasion from the South is pretty weak, tho. Only like 2-3 stacks, and they're certainly not strong troops. The Chaos tribes only ever get basic troops - all marauder variations, chariots, hounds and trolls, no chaos warriors or giants or hellcannons.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 03, 2016, 10:16:36 am »
The Bjornling turned up on my Orc Campaign when I had the majority of my big armies up north, it was fairly late in my Campaign too, I think when I was finishing off crushing the Empire. I had several small armies army down south along the coast there so I moved the closest one into the settlement closest to them. They had two stacks, but they weren't even full stacks and they both attacked the settlement, losing. They then just kept throwing the remainder of their troops at the settlement until both stacks were dead and it said their Faction had been wiped out lol. Wasn't a threat at all to be honest, I was surprised at first and thought "Oh shit", until I actually looked at their stacks. They could have caused me some trouble if they actually had full stacks and/or decent troops, but to be honest, even then I would have been able to just bulk my smaller armies up within 2 turns and stomp them, they turned up way too late for how weak they are.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 03, 2016, 02:12:03 pm »
+3
Sneaky sneaky
(click to show/hide)

Forests arent safe anymore
(click to show/hide)

RIP Maldwynn the Stupid, Vampire Lord, you were a pro melee  :cry:
(click to show/hide)

Crypt horrors are so freaking strong, they can only die to disintegrating!
(click to show/hide)

Couple shots of a nice and long siege
(click to show/hide)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #388 on: June 03, 2016, 04:58:40 pm »
My absolute favourite units yet!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 03, 2016, 09:20:50 pm »
Ive had next to no enjuoyment using the Gyro units.

My god i find them so bloody annoying to use, just as much as the slayers.

My 'typical' dwarf army now consists of A few units of Ironbreakers, Hammerers, some Longbeards for the area of influence they emit, then some Thunderers, multiple Quarrellers and an Organ gun and Cannon.

Fuck the rest  :lol: