Author Topic: Total War Hammer  (Read 63267 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Total War Hammer
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2016, 06:55:01 pm »
About that faction:

Will the men you kill on the battlefield arise as your minions?
Will your undead have no "morale" to speak of?

If they respect the lore unit capabilities-wise, this game gonna be the shit; even though they took lots of lore shortcut campaign gameplay-wise.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2016, 07:21:50 pm »
About that faction:

If they respect the lore unit capabilities-wise, this game gonna be the shit; even though they took lots of lore shortcut campaign gameplay-wise.

The only somewhat sensible way I can see that happening is if they lower the quality of the troops and focus more on quantity and special abilities like "fear" or something along those lines.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2016, 07:39:51 pm »
About that faction:

I guess there will be some kind of spell for ressurection, but probably toned down to not be OP
In this case called "leadership" - basically when the Vampire who is the necromancer loses his faith in victory, his power over the undead starts to fail and they'll crumble to dust. At least that's how I heard it'll be, they definetly won't make it some game-breaking mechanic. Something tells me morale will have a much bigger impact in battles here than in previous TW games, to good or bad - we'll see.

Also siege mechanics blog http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Sieges_and_Siege_AI
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2016, 08:14:21 pm »
The only somewhat sensible way I can see that happening is if they lower the quality of the troops and focus more on quantity and special abilities like "fear" or something along those lines.

Fanatic traits also! Nearly unbreakable units.

But I really hope they make up some new traits, or simply invent some new mechanics. They have been milking the same meta-game for years.

Also siege mechanics blog http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Sieges_and_Siege_AI

I think its nice ideas that they "focus" the sieges to a few walls, and create bigger walls, streets, while they are fewer; more intense fight, and still hard sieges.

But gotta call BS on the AI being able to manage reserves, have multiple strategies and split his forces in a coherent manner. Or they finally did some AI work after all these dreary years.
If they really do that and we dont see any more AI bumrushing the gates, then its gonna be something to behold.

Still gotta remember that each time they release a new Total War, they make up some nice dev blog about their AI being ultra better than last time... Dont read everything like its true.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:19:44 pm by Butan »

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2016, 01:25:51 pm »
+1
About that faction:

My theory is the enemies you would take prisoner in the normal games, will be zombified in the vampire campaign.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2016, 02:38:01 pm »
+1
My theory is the enemies you would take prisoner in the normal games, will be zombified in the vampire campaign.

Man, you should be designer (and we both know you could! :P).
This sound almost too good to have been thought by one of them CA devs though  :lol:

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2016, 10:54:34 pm »
+2
Man, you should be designer (and we both know you could! :P).
This sound almost too good to have been thought by one of them CA devs though  :lol:

Thank you  :mrgreen:

CA devs sucked in the past few games, but from what I've seen in the Campaign Previews, they really stepped their game up. This Total War will be a Masterpiece. Maybe there will be a bunch of paid DLCs, but I don't mind paying for them if I get a near perfect Warhammer game in return. I can only hope they will add the Lizardmen.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2016, 11:24:48 pm »
+2
I realllllly hope they make a perfect Total War Warhammer. Everything will be complete in my life. Fucking winning the lotto. Fuck fucking a super model. Just combine one of my favorite games of all time and my favorite fantasy universe into orgasmic world baby of WAAAAAGGGGHSSS and Sigmar and I can die happy.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2016, 12:58:36 pm »
You know, I was reading some TWC posts about mods and from what I've read, Warhammer will be unmoddable. Not sure if they meant completely or just the more major modifications.

Kinda another stinker there.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2016, 01:03:54 pm »

CA devs sucked in the past few games, but from what I've seen in the Campaign Previews, they really stepped their game up. This Total War will be a Masterpiece. Maybe there will be a bunch of paid DLCs, but I don't mind paying for them if I get a near perfect Warhammer game in return. I can only hope they will add the Lizardmen.

Tempted to bookmark this comment for future 'I told you so'.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2016, 01:43:10 pm »
Tempted to bookmark this comment for future 'I told you so'.

Do it, I don't think you ever will "tell me so", cause I truly believe they won't fuck it up this time.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2016, 02:17:04 pm »
You know, I was reading some TWC posts about mods and from what I've read, Warhammer will be unmoddable. Not sure if they meant completely or just the more major modifications.

Kinda another stinker there.

CA will not support mod tools nor a mod workshop for Warhammer, but mods will exist!
The players themselves will need to develop those tools and distribute them, and the mods, through private websites and so on. The modding community of Total War will be able to do that easily, what I'm unsure of is how far Games Workshop will enforce their Warhammer copyrights? And how far the modders will mod?

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2016, 04:03:28 pm »
It will probably be like the last games, where the map is hardcoded, but new units and improved gameplay is very probable for a mod.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2016, 06:54:10 pm »
It will probably be like the last games, where the map is hardcoded, but new units and improved gameplay is very probable for a mod.

No, was reading in Radious mods thread that they are completely abandoning any attempt to mod Warhammer(the custom unit guys). They said that CA just won't allow it in warhammer.

Offline Kais

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Kais
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2016, 10:05:06 pm »

By the love of god, i hope so