Author Topic: Total War: Attila  (Read 30725 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Total War: Attila
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2015, 06:10:25 pm »
+1
i pirated it and played few turns before it crashed so i guess no playing for pirates :(  from what i saw combat looks fun and game itself seems good.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2015, 06:17:52 pm »
i arr arred it too and it's shittily optimized; dunno how you're doing it molly but i hardly belive you're using the same settings as i am with an r7 260 :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2015, 06:53:13 pm »
Never really played a total war game only a few hours. Whats a easy faction to start with? I started as the saxons as they look more alpha than the rest.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2015, 07:37:18 pm »
+1
Never really played a total war game only a few hours. Whats a easy faction to start with? I started as the saxons as they look more alpha than the rest.

Sassanids are probably the easiest, Saxons have a walled city so not to bad I guess  8-)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2015, 11:42:46 pm »
Huns are OP.

Seriously. I have wiped 8 hunnic Hordes and they STILL have 4 stacks always running around. It's pointless and stupid. (playing as Eastern Romans)

And since they are a horde, you can't just "wipe" them out since they keep one stack in the middle of bum fuck no where.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2015, 01:19:26 am »
I'd betray you everyday even if I had no reason
Because you want to me to "punish you", don't think I don't know what you're trying to achieve you dirty little man.

i pirated it and played few turns before it crashed so i guess no playing for pirates :(  from what i saw combat looks fun and game itself seems good.
I pirated it too, playing without any problems. You probably fucked up with the CPU crack.
Huns are OP.

Seriously. I have wiped 8 hunnic Hordes and they STILL have 4 stacks always running around. It's pointless and stupid. (playing as Eastern Romans)

And since they are a horde, you can't just "wipe" them out since they keep one stack in the middle of bum fuck no where.

Well, it makes sense. If the Huns had the same amount of armies as the player, they wouldn't be much of a "scourge of God" and "destroyer of Europe", they'd be a minor annoyance. They're supposed to be the main villain of the game.

My Hunnic empire grows;

What's gay is how fast the West Roman Empire died out, didn't get to fight them once.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2015, 09:54:47 am »
i arr arred it too and it's shittily optimized; dunno how you're doing it molly but i hardly belive you're using the same settings as i am with an r7 260 :/
I am using the Max quality settings with a few extras like 16xAF and putting units size and stuff to ultra.
Well, I actually own the game tho.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2015, 09:56:16 am »
I am using the Max quality settings with a few extras like 16xAF and putting units size and stuff to ultra.
darmaster is just too poor for good pc  cuz even i run game at max settings and no laggs or anything that slows down my arrrrr atted game
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2015, 01:46:36 pm »
+1
AI is interesting as WRE. Had the Caledonians and the Saxons and Jutes (I think) march across gaul to invade me after I desolated it. Kinda confused by this. 10K troops on your doorstep having marched hundreds of miles just to pick on me.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2015, 02:49:33 pm »
+1
AI is interesting as WRE. Had the Caledonians and the Saxons and Jutes (I think) march across gaul to invade me after I desolated it. Kinda confused by this. 10K troops on your doorstep having marched hundreds of miles just to pick on me.
Sounds personal :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2015, 08:00:40 pm »
(click to show/hide)

What's gay is how fast the West Roman Empire died out, didn't get to fight them once.
In your pic, there's still a faction called Western Roman Separatists. Do they not have the same unit/tech as normal western romans?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2015, 07:35:48 am »
Its still too early to pass much judgement, quite alot more has change from rome 2 in terms of gameplay mechanics than I was expecting and I'm still getting used to alot of it.

But one thing I will say is there seems too much influence from DeI for my liking. I had respect for DeI as a mod but personally hated the changes. In attila i've spend nearly 50 turns trying to convert one, FUCKING ONE province I have captured to be stable.

it seems like its a end turn simulator now, thats basically all I've done in this game. at least on legendary where I am getting like -30 base public order due to like -14 from immigration.

the unit/building icons look prettier but are more confusing to tell apart. the general/army traditions are displayed in the much better tree format, but don't seem to allow nearly as good customisation as rome 2.

the family pollitics system is cool, but ultimately seems pointless yet again. because there is no net advantage to having higher control on your faction. it seems your better off just letting it do its own thing than actively tried to amass power, like you would in other games like CK2.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2015, 02:53:38 pm »
In your pic, there's still a faction called Western Roman Separatists. Do they not have the same unit/tech as normal western romans?
Looked like barbarian units, not sure though.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2015, 06:56:22 pm »
Looked like barbarian units, not sure though.
Wait wut.

Roman rebels have barbarian units only? :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2015, 08:28:57 pm »
+1
I own the game too, but I've noticed in other threads there's some performance issues with specific cards. I used to run RTWII fluently on ultra settings with the same or better performance I get from Attila's 'performance' settings, with much worse graphics. To me it is unplayable until it gets optimization patches and some driver updates. That's what I get for breaking my habit of never again buying games at or before release. Will see what difference an overdue format will do within the next days.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:01:32 pm by Angantyr »