Author Topic: We've got a (HUGE FUCKING) problem here (updated)  (Read 7449 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1545
  • Infamy: 2190
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: We've got a problem here
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 08:19:44 pm »
+1
Weeeeelll, that's the cRPG community's money gone, that's about it.

Did you pledge?

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 08:56:23 pm »
+3
Did you pledge?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I WANT YOU
TO PLEDGE

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 09:14:30 pm »
Crpg doesn't have enough players to fund a new game.  Lately NA1 barely get to 50 players. The game is far to elitist and inaccessible for new players while years of patches and nerfs have left the veteran community alienated and frustrated.  The developers need to take a serious look at where the game came from as warband native is both more popular and playable. After 6 years crpg has become a cesspool of players, a game not meant for casual gamers or people just looking to blow off steam. With only a couple hours of gaming time a week I will waste neither my time or money on this.
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 09:21:30 pm »
The game is far to elitist and inaccessible for new players while years of patches and nerfs have left the veteran community alienated and frustrated.  The developers need to take a serious look at where the game came from as warband native is both more popular and playable. After 6 years crpg has become a cesspool of players, a game not meant for casual gamers or people just looking to blow off steam.

The only way to make this game more casual friendly is permaban all hardcore players. In skill based game with too many pro players and too little new blood nothing will help newbies, when there're plenty of players who will wreck the shit out of noobs even with pitchfork and sickle.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 09:30:25 pm »
+9
These last two years haven't been a walk in the park for anyone in the team, and we all knew that kickstarter would be hard work. We have to push this outside of our community, which we are and will continue to do.

Consider this our month long Strategus siege on the city of Game-Coverage. Perseverance is key.

(Okey that sounded incredibly corny but you get the idea).
Monkeys!

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 09:31:00 pm »
crpg is skill based but so is warband which is playable by both veterans and brand new players. Your not very creative either as banning hardcore players is a terrible idea.
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 09:45:37 pm »
crpg is skill based but so is warband which is playable by both veterans and brand new players.

Because in native warband there's a good amount of "brand new players" or at least not very good players. In cRPG I'd say 8 out of 10 players have at least 1000 hours spent in warband, so no wonder these few new players have hard time here. Oh, and ranged is much easier/powerful in native, so newbies can have their share of fun without being enforced to play melee. 

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 09:46:57 pm »
+1
Consider this our month long Strategus siege on the city of Game-Coverage. Perseverance is key.

(click to show/hide)

If you know what I mean  :mrgreen:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 01:24:57 am »
Because in native warband there's a good amount of "brand new players" or at least not very good players. In cRPG I'd say 8 out of 10 players have at least 1000 hours spent in warband, so no wonder these few new players have hard time here. Oh, and ranged is much easier/powerful in native, so newbies can have their share of fun without being enforced to play melee. 

I agree completely and  due to this the number of players able to actually play the game with any success has been dramatically reduced. Years of patches have made the skill requirement  needed for this game rise exponentially. Basically the game has shrunk its potential player base down to a size by catering to the whims of melee veterans while ignoring the requests of new or ranged players. The proof is in the fact that most of the server is playing melee based builds because ranged is inferior, "for noobs" and has been nerfed to shit.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:28:13 am by Stormcrow »
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 02:34:53 am »
+2
Lets remember what we are actually talking about here.
The truth is though the fan base for M:BG is there. Warband proves that, WE just need to help promote it, hell, even tell your Gran's dog if you think they will pledge.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 07:29:30 pm »
+2
I agree completely and  due to this the number of players able to actually play the game with any success has been dramatically reduced. Years of patches have made the skill requirement  needed for this game rise exponentially. Basically the game has shrunk its potential player base down to a size by catering to the whims of melee veterans while ignoring the requests of new or ranged players. The proof is in the fact that most of the server is playing melee based builds because ranged is inferior, "for noobs" and has been nerfed to shit.
stormcry

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 07:38:42 pm »
+1

Didn't the latest large patch put any new player at a much larger advantage than they have ever been at? Instead of starting at level 1, they start at 25, right? I was level 32/33 before that patch and am now only 1 level higher than a skip the fun, which I think is fine. However, that change is certainly NOT ignoring requests of new players. The main beneficiary of that change IS new players. Anyway, the most likely request that a new player would have is probably something like "add guns pls" amirite?

As for ranged, it sure sucks for people that only enjoy ranged, but when many people are confronted by something that can do damage to them with little-no risk (mostly talking about HA/kiting ranged, really) they'll be mad. There are more melee players than ranged, so you'll piss off the smaller group rather than the larger, or both.

Crpg doesn't have enough players to fund a new game.  Lately NA1 barely get to 50 players. The game is far to elitist and inaccessible for new players while years of patches and nerfs have left the veteran community alienated and frustrated.  The developers need to take a serious look at where the game came from as warband native is both more popular and playable. After 6 years crpg has become a cesspool of players, a game not meant for casual gamers or people just looking to blow off steam. With only a couple hours of gaming time a week I will waste neither my time or money on this.

You're right, cRPG doesn't have a community that can fund a new game. That is, entirely on its own. That's why they are running a kickstarter; to inform non-crpg/warband players about their project, and hopefully part them with their hard-earned shekels.

Also, I completely disagree with your statement that patches made the skill requirement increase. If anything, they've done the opposite. The "turn-rate nerf" and overall slower combat speed compared to native can only benefit a newer player compared to some dueling beast like kaoklai.

Furthermore, since this is not a free mod, and requires a budget, I do not feel that the devs would intentionally make the game prohibitively difficult for a new, or simply unskilled player. After all, they would like the game to sell as much as possible while fulfilling their vision of what it should be. They'll do what they can to make it reasonably accessible, or they'll be making a poor decision.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 06:26:21 am »
Picked up slightly over the last day. "Trending" toward 150k before it clicked over.

Average pledge of $58 is actually pretty substantial, considering all of the discounts and the crazy $1 Meet the Team reward.

Offline Aprikose

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JugendFeuerwehr
  • Game nicks: Great Bascinet!
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 03:50:19 pm »
updated
click it!visitors can't see pics , please register or login