Author Topic: Britain threatens Internet 'trolls' with two years in jail  (Read 1761 times)

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:41:41 pm by lombardsoup »

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
Re: Britain threatens Internet 'trolls' with two years in jail
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 11:52:16 pm »
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 11:56:22 pm »
urite

People are too fucking sensitive

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 12:48:08 am »
+3
you enforce it like this

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/29/peter-nunn-jailed-abusive-tweets-mp-stella-creasy
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/twitter-trolls-isabella-sorley-and-john-nimmo-jailed-for-abusing-feminist-campaigner-caroline-criadoperez-9083829.html

If you think you can issue death threats and rape threats just cuz its online doesn't count well think again ^^

The police would become involved if you bombarded someone with letters threatening to rape and kill them or phoned them multiple times screaming insults and threats why would the internet be any different? Bottom line is if you have the bollocks to say it in rl dont say it online :P and if your not spending most of your time issuing death and rape threats then you probably wont be effected by this law  :rolleyes:

urite

People are too fucking sensitive

yeah im sure if someone was sending your mum msgs that he is coming to rape or kill her you would tell your mum to not be so sensitive  :lol:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 01:09:19 am »
+1
you enforce it like this

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/29/peter-nunn-jailed-abusive-tweets-mp-stella-creasy
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/twitter-trolls-isabella-sorley-and-john-nimmo-jailed-for-abusing-feminist-campaigner-caroline-criadoperez-9083829.html

If you think you can issue death threats and rape threats just cuz its online doesn't count well think again ^^

The police would become involved if you bombarded someone with letters threatening to rape and kill them or phoned them multiple times screaming insults and threats why would the internet be any different? Bottom line is if you have the bollocks to say it in rl dont say it online :P and if your not spending most of your time issuing death and rape threats then you probably wont be effected by this law  :rolleyes:

yeah im sure if someone was sending your mum msgs that he is coming to rape or kill her you would tell your mum to not be so sensitive  :lol:

ye fook me mum ill shoot yer daddybags m8

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 01:45:03 am »
+4
The ridiculous amount of man-hours needed to peruse even a single day's output of death and rape "threats" from the net makes this prohibitory anyways. How the fuck can you possibly judge what is and isn't a real "threat"? You know the volume of "threats" that are made against even minor celebrities on the net? Are you going to monitor online games and mark down everytime PussySlaya666 tries to be an edgy retard? Stupid fucking idiots backing this don't seem to realize how abusable and arbitrarily unenforceable the law is. Anyways, This is all leading to the eradication of anonimity online, or at least yet another attempt by government to control the unruly chaotic wildlands that is the internets. They'll suceed eventually of course, if not with this then another blatant emotional appeal.

Also, HAHAHAHAHAHA CAROLINE CRIADO-PEREZ. JUST FUCKING LOL.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 01:59:19 am »
+2
The ridiculous amount of man-hours needed to peruse even a single day's output of death and rape "threats" from the net makes this prohibitory anyways. How the fuck can you possibly judge what is and isn't a real "threat"? You know the volume of "threats" that are made against even minor celebrities on the net? Are you going to monitor online games and mark down everytime PussySlaya666 tries to be an edgy retard? Stupid fucking idiots backing this don't seem to realize how abusable and arbitrarily unenforceable the law is. Anyways, This is all leading to the eradication of anonimity online, or at least yet another attempt by government to control the unruly chaotic wildlands that is the internets. They'll suceed eventually of course, if not with this then another blatant emotional appeal.

Also, HAHAHAHAHAHA CAROLINE CRIADO-PEREZ. JUST FUCKING LOL.

Its impossible to stop human nature, but don't tell that to the anti bullying crowd.  All that matters to do-gooders that make laws like this are their "good intentions".  You can't break through to them logically, I've tried.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1841
  • Infamy: 1913
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 03:00:38 am »
Another win for UK. Got bored of internet anon thing, I think it's time to take off masks and show ourselves. Those who are strongly opposed are weakest links, people who hide because they have something to hide. Privacy is one thing but abusing the system (internet) to try to convince everyone you're something you're not, is entirely another thing. Not saying I'm not guilty of "twisting facts" and that I shouldn't be convicted for trolling but frankly, I'm sick of random twats hiding behind anon and changing accounts like socks.

Its impossible to stop human nature

Say that to a caveman.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 03:19:15 am »
+1
There's nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide, of course. And the main objective of tying internet identity to RL identity is totally about protecting the poor traumatized victims of trolling. I forgot how dumb you were. Still, there's something to what you say. I can't wait to parade around your autistic retarded face and entire life story whenever you open your dumb gob to spoud stupid shit on subjects you know nothing about.
And if you believe there are any ingrained psychological and mental differences between a "caveman" (i.e any homo sapiens for at least the last tens of thousands of years) and humans today you don't understand biology.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2913
  • Infamy: 11
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 03:40:28 am »
I know what it is about and I support their cause.

I can't wait to parade around your autistic retarded face and entire life story whenever you open your dumb gob to spoud stupid shit on subjects you know nothing about

As you witnessed last time, you can only anger me. Without us being so apart and mostly anon, this feud would end just like a bar fight. Only reason why you're able to shit on people's faces without serious repercussions is because internet anonymity provides you that. No wonder you clutch so hard to it, not willing to let it go.

If similar law go through in France, you can bet I'll act like a good little snitch and provide your government with a proof of you breaking that law. Would even travel to France as a witness in your case.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:46:22 am by Leshma »

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 02:07:40 pm »
Haha, internet warriors strike again.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 02:23:15 pm »
+1
Oh man, what a joke of a case. He had a joke of a lawyer and a joke of a judge, the "victims" of this didn't even bother to come to court, there was no chance of a judicial ruling that wasn't a political scrap of bone thrown to those dogs who wish to be celebrities without the side effect of that: in any other country this would be accepted as what it is: nutcases write shit to celebrities. This is law in unenforceable, unreasonable, and inpractical, and the sentence handed down was literally a political gift.

England man... sometimes I love it, but everyone has had to accept that for the last 200 years it has been a ever increasing police state. We passed the point when the Bank of England could have people incarcerated at its beck and whim (that WAS only 30 years ago, don't forget), but damn if we don't still try to ban freedom of speech and thought.
I don't know enough

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 02:33:03 pm »
Another win for UK. Got bored of internet anon thing, I think it's time to take off masks and show ourselves. Those who are strongly opposed are weakest links, people who hide because they have something to hide. Privacy is one thing but abusing the system (internet) to try to convince everyone you're something you're not, is entirely another thing. Not saying I'm not guilty of "twisting facts" and that I shouldn't be convicted for trolling but frankly, I'm sick of random twats hiding behind anon and changing accounts like socks.

Say that to a caveman.

Very naive. Oh i have nothing to hide, let me entrust you with all my information. Good thing this way of thinking is rightfully in the minority.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 02:37:06 pm »

Say that to a caveman.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2150
  • Infamy: 1821
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 02:57:45 pm »
Very naive. Oh i have nothing to hide, let me entrust you with all my information. Good thing this way of thinking is rightfully in the minority.

Most people don't know about places like 4chan but if they did, they would certainly try to lock it down. It is not minority. With that attitude you're minority in your own country, which revolves around catholic values.

Reading stuff some people write on the internet gives you an impression things are the way they are not. You can protest all you like but your freedom to take a dump on the internet will be slowly taken away from you, just like it was in public places.