Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 144624 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1365 on: June 18, 2018, 07:51:53 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #1366 on: August 29, 2018, 02:08:24 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Feels like a good start, going to gradually pick up the stuff i actually enjoy.

Someone recommended that to me a while ago, wasnt half that bad, heard it took more than 100.000 handmade drawings to make that film. Fucking insane. Worth the watch ofc, or else you didnt cop it
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #1367 on: August 29, 2018, 11:11:05 pm »
Someone recommended that to me a while ago, wasnt half that bad, heard it took more than 100.000 handmade drawings to make that film. Fucking insane. Worth the watch ofc, or else you didnt cop it

Redline is one of those movies that absolutely nails it tone and mood. The only thing I could wish for is more of the action driving ridiculousness, and that's half the movie already.

Also, I'm gonna start on Overlord season 3 soon, anyone here watch it? Is it decent?
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Hlin

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 30, 2018, 08:24:26 am »

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #1369 on: August 31, 2018, 07:39:25 am »
+1
Also, I'm gonna start on Overlord season 3 soon, anyone here watch it? Is it decent?

If you didn't mind the lizardmen arc, then you won't have issues with this new season. It's focusing on world building so the actions the main character does are impactful. Last episode for example was great! But no spoilers.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #1370 on: September 03, 2018, 02:37:13 am »
If you didn't mind the lizardmen arc, then you won't have issues with this new season. It's focusing on world building so the actions the main character does are impactful. Last episode for example was great! But no spoilers.

Too late, I already caught up on the season. I definitely am still turned off the awkward main character thoughts, but otherwise I have really enjoyed the season so far. The latest episode threw me off a little, but I'm curious to see where it's going with it.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 03, 2018, 09:38:14 pm »
Too late, I already caught up on the season. I definitely am still turned off the awkward main character thoughts, but otherwise I have really enjoyed the season so far. The latest episode threw me off a little, but I'm curious to see where it's going with it.

Eh.... I mean the anime is about an overlord it's obviously not going to be always lovey dovey.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2000
  • Infamy: 1108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 03, 2018, 01:22:29 am »
So many manga/anime going against hikikomoris as of lately, prominent example being Re:Zero but I must say with Boku No Hero Academia they are taking firm stance, kinda like Another Brick in the Wall in reverse. I mean whole point of anime is taking HxH and making it about how school is awesome for young children. Started interesting but recent episodes are school life 100%, not sure I can keep watching more of this Plus Ultra crap. It all went downhill when All Might lost his powers.

What happened with Made in Abyss season two? I'm running out of Bleach (skipped filler) and Steins Gate literally went to shit so I'm not sure what to watch.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 03, 2018, 10:40:35 am »
Apparently Made in Abyss season two is in production.

I'm enjoying Boku No Hero Academia, but I agree that the school arcs aren't very interesting. I am also greatly enjoying the current Attack on Titan season.

Hunter x Hunter manga is finally back after another long-ish hiatus, praise be for that though the current arc is at times difficult to follow due to the amount of characters and dialogue going on. A complete 180 to how HxH was before the current arc.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1374 on: October 03, 2018, 08:25:47 pm »
+1
I caught up on S3 attack on titan, and was kind of disappointed. I remembered liking it before, but it feels like the tone and the characters are too serious with no levity. The story is alright still but its just annoying to watch them cry and scream for 20 minutes each episode. Poorly directed perhaps, or thats just how its suppose to be and it isnt appealing to me.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #1375 on: October 03, 2018, 08:42:15 pm »
Haven't been able to get into any animes since Code Geass / Death Note. Can anyone suggest me wildly mainstream popular anime that a normie like me could get into?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 03, 2018, 10:05:59 pm »
+1
Hellsing Ultimate, Berserk, Basilisk
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 833
  • Infamy: 2514
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 04, 2018, 02:02:46 am »
+1
Haven't been able to get into any animes since Code Geass / Death Note. Can anyone suggest me wildly mainstream popular anime that a normie like me could get into?

Well I already mentioned Bleach. Frankly it is stupid but is everything normie likes. It has 366 episodes, half being pointless filler. Bleach has annoying, stupidly overpowered main character who progressively gets stronger, as he gets stronger fights become more epic in nature, not just his but everyone around him somehow become stronger with time. Mangaka who created Bleach is also massive pervert which translates well into anime, huge boobs being everywhere and panties showing and rest of funny shit like that. There is no logic in Bleach storyline, it's all about fighting and getting stronger and bigger boobs. I shit you not, one of important female chars grown bigger boobs throughout series, author used her getting couple years older as an excuse to draw her even bigger tits.

Also Fist of the North Star is something you would like. You know the meme.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1510
  • Infamy: 1835
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 04, 2018, 02:08:50 am »
I caught up on S3 attack on titan, and was kind of disappointed. I remembered liking it before, but it feels like the tone and the characters are too serious with no levity. The story is alright still but its just annoying to watch them cry and scream for 20 minutes each episode. Poorly directed perhaps, or thats just how its suppose to be and it isnt appealing to me.

I've read manga a bit and while characters do show emotion must say they went overboard with it in anime, one of the weakest points. I haven't watched last 5 episodes or so, will probably do that tomorrow. Hope they'll finally reveal what AoT story is actually about. Second season was mostly empty of any story progression.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: October 08, 2018, 10:36:18 pm »
+1
For you fans of Berserk, Goblin Slayer started airing last weekend. Quite gruesome first episode.