Author Topic: Tropico 5  (Read 426 times)

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
Tropico 5
« on: June 04, 2014, 04:25:45 pm »
+1

Anyone else playing this? I've been enjoying it more than the previous games. Only downsides I've found so far is the lack of building variety and a population limit of 2000 (which mods can fix). Some features not seen in the older games are reasearch, time eras, Tanks and airplanes visitors can't see pics , please register or login
, actual invasions from the US, Naz1s, Chinese etc.

Here's my glorious town:

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Tropico 5
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 04:29:04 pm »
I've been playing the campaign (quite slowly) so far, I'm enjoying my time.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 04:34:13 pm »
Played crapton of sandbox. But needs some serius patching. I had quite a lot of fun til I reached modern age and had the popularity of 85% and yet another rebelwave came at me every 2 minutes. Like every 2 minutes. Tried everything. I really hoped I could chill back and just build once I had everything, but quess not. after 20 minutes of rebels relentlessly burning my stuff I got bored and stopped playing.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 04:57:08 pm »
Played crapton of sandbox. But needs some serius patching. I had quite a lot of fun til I reached modern age and had the popularity of 85% and yet another rebelwave came at me every 2 minutes. Like every 2 minutes. Tried everything. I really hoped I could chill back and just build once I had everything, but quess not. after 20 minutes of rebels relentlessly burning my stuff I got bored and stopped playing.

Did you get the event Rebel incursions, and lost a couple of battles? Losing battles makes the rebel numbers grow.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 05:40:22 pm »
Didnt lose a single one at the start. My forces always overwhelmed theirs. The only times I did technically lose was when my forces didnt reach the rebels target in time, but before that they just never stopped rebeling. I kept kicking known rebels and leaders out and that didnt seem to do nothing aswell. I wasnt the only one. Read it in steam forums that others have this issue aswell. Very high favor % yet nonstop fighting.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 05:47:41 pm »
Didnt lose a single one at the start. My forces always overwhelmed theirs. The only times I did technically lose was when my forces didnt reach the rebels target in time, but before that they just never stopped rebeling. I kept kicking known rebels and leaders out and that didnt seem to do nothing aswell. I wasnt the only one. Read it in steam forums that others have this issue aswell. Very high favor % yet nonstop fighting.

I've had the same issue. Overwhelmed the rebels but still lost the war because I couldn't reach the battles in time. But in my last game I solved it by building guard towers about everywhere and spreading out my military alot.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 06:29:02 pm »
Yeah it's important to spread your military buildings and also to construct guard towers with machine guns next to typically isolated buildings like mines, logging camps, plantations and ranches.