Author Topic: Strategus drama Penios  (Read 6842 times)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Strategus drama Penios
« on: February 21, 2014, 02:47:34 pm »
+6
So today there was a strategus battle of Panos attacking Andswaru who had 1 troop.

Andswaru had 1 swaybacked sumpter horse and a rider who tried to stay alive for 14:40 (the time that the battle lasts) but after riding around for 13:30 the rider got kicked by Ninja_Khorin even though there weren't any rules that were broken. Defenders' job is to stay alive and the rider wasn't in any unreachable place. I'd say it was panos' fault that he didn't get any ranged weapons nor cavalry so it was his fault that he couldn't kill a rider.

Panos tried to banpoll the rider twice! for which he got kicked from the server by the pollkick for pollabuse. Yet the rider got kicked by an admin and Andswaru lost the battle because his only troop got kicked even though no rules have been broken. Andswaru lost battle, goods and his faithful swaybacked sumpter horse.

I feel disgusted. Fuck you admin and fuck you Panos, next time that you attack buy yourself proper equipment and don't run away to admins because you can't win a battle because your strategy sucks.

Kiss my ass and happy strat 4 you.

Defenders job is to survive till the battle is over.

EDIT: I humbly request the goods to be given back and the swaybacked sumpter as well.

EDIT2: Giving Screenshots in a second

pics:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

EDITS:
Thank you for your comment, once again.

Let me explain once again:

I thought that if the attacking army retreats, it can't win the battle. Knowing that Panos would go over-confident, I expected him not take proper equipment and hoped for good map for riding (no river in the middle) so we can survive till the retreat of the attackers. So it was a legit tactic assuming that retreating army can't win the battle. If the battle was to last an hour of riding we wouldn't give a fuck and nobody would come, but it was ~14 minutes so we let it be. A fact that it was Panos' battle wasn't a priority but it made watching it from the spectator's seat a comedy.

All in all, nobody would be riding a horse if me or Andswaru knew that a retreating army can still win a battle and they must be killed to prevent it. Nobody cares enough to just come and ride to annoy Panos if the battle can't be won.

The topic was about admin's decision which, as I thought before, made attackers win a battle that could be won by defenders. As we know now, it was hardly possible. Same with Panos' banpoll, so considering that the battle can be won by defenders, kicking the only defender seemed to be poll abuse, so he got kicked for it.

What makes me wonder is how many players know that a retreating army can actually win a battle :?: Have never seen a battle in EU that a retreating army would win.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:16:03 pm by BlueKnight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Strategus drama Penios
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 02:50:48 pm »
+2
poor sumpter must have felt lost after his rider died by heavens hands :((
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 02:53:08 pm »
+17
100 troops will suicide after the fact that they could not catch a peasant on a horse constantly fleeing engangement. Sounds legit. Even if it's not breaking any rules it's gay as fuck and shouldn't be a possible way to win a battle.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 02:53:19 pm »
+4
Chamber of QQ

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 02:53:34 pm »
+5
Oh dear, this is going to be ugly.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 02:55:31 pm »
100 troops will suicide after the fact that they could not catch a peasant on a horse constantly fleeing engangement. Sounds legit. Even if it's not breaking any rules it's gay as fuck and shouldn't be a possible way to win a battle.
It's Panos fault that he was unable to kill that cav guy. He didn't equip himself with proper equipment. He didn't have any ranged or cav. Our strategy was better than his and btw attacking 1 guy with 70+ troops isn't gay at all, eh?....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:01:34 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 03:05:24 pm »
panos and khorin! why you little...!

nah, seriously. IMHO i think thats dirty playing. you very well know the game panos :) :) and you also know what happens in these situations, i say you planned this and was going for that kick, exactly because you know the game. (and its admins? :p ) this doesnt suit you very well buddy! i thought you were one of the only fairplayers left! i guess not?  :twisted:

Fuck you admin and fuck you Panos
Kiss my ass and happy strat 4 you.

hayhaynownow this doesnt suit YOU very well BK mate :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:11:17 pm by Sniger »

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 03:08:13 pm »
+1
Yep. Exactly what you can expect in dire moments. Admins support.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 03:09:03 pm »
+6
I were there and I support Andswaru.
This situation we can compare to one from last strat.
Attackers run out from ladders and were unable to get on the walls. But that was just their fault that they cant reach defenders and were forced to give up fight.

In situation from first post we have same situation. Attackers were unable to kill defenders bacause of lacks in gear. Even 1 short bow and one pack of arrows and they will one a battle without problem.
Riding around was gay af fuck, but amount of attackers were enought to kill that pony rider (he got some dmg anyway), they were too unorganized.

Ninja_Khorin makes a bad decision kicking out defender, strat battle have other rules than normal battles on servers.
Archer forever :D

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 03:13:45 pm »
+15
IIRC, delaying by simply fleeing the enemy long enough wasn't a valid "tactic" in last strat as well.

Offline Knife

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fällen Brigäde
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 03:14:23 pm »
I'm almost positive that it was the other nija that called the admin, panos told me polearm is the master race, he would never be friends with a my old friendgy ninja, right? :P

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 03:14:37 pm »
+20
Wait wait wait... is this thread actually serious?

How about common sense? If attackers run out of ladders on siege and lose because of that - it seems perfectly fine and legit, and even realistic.
But a single pony rider protecting the village from 100 enemies by just riding away... No.
"first rule of em all: common sense"
    ~ chadz

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 03:16:23 pm »
i wonder how 100 man footarmy can catch a pony? O_o why even try?

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 03:17:03 pm »
IIRC, delaying by simply fleeing the enemy long enough wasn't a valid "tactic" in last strat as well.
Oh ye, surviving as defender is delaying? it's their job to kill that cav guy but they lacked equipment because they are shortsighted and didn't foreseee that they would need ranged or at least 1 cav guy. It's their fault that they couldn't kill him.

Wait wait wait... is this thread actually serious?

How about common sense? If attackers run out of ladders on siege and lose because of that - it seems perfectly fine and legit, and even realistic.
But a single pony rider protecting the village from 100 enemies by just riding away... No.
What village are you talking about. No village around and another example, if we had only 1 guy and he was well armoured and the enemy didn't have weapons and therefore they wouldn't be able to hit him with anything else than fists. Would you call that delaying? Would it be fine or would you kick the armoured guy?

In this case the attacker didn't have the weapon to overcome our defense which was speed and brain... Panos didn't equip himself with ranged weapons and it's his fault.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:21:01 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 03:17:35 pm »
+3
Steevee, when attackers have run out of ladders - they lose, if defenders lose flags and then hide somewhere or run away - they lose, it always was this way. Otherwise, as a guy who has 30 agi I could run away and single handedly win any battle at this stage of strat. It's not about strategy, it's about delaying.
If defenders lost their flags and don't try to take them back - they lost the battle.