Author Topic: 1 vs 1 Tournament , 1st: ATZE, 2nd: EMCURE, 3d: HAGUR. Well done people.  (Read 71377 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: 1 vs 1 Tournament, BRACKET & Prizes are up!
« Reply #360 on: January 02, 2014, 12:23:48 am »
+1
Or atleast make it untill monday, you have the weekend, I'm sure it will be done by monday. I'll be on duty if needed this weekend and ref as many matches as possible.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 02, 2014, 12:24:43 am »
I can referee if you want Panos, that is if you don't fear I'd be biased due to losing to Teeth or something.

I'm against for obv reasons

(click to show/hide)

I think its Ok Panos, as long as you keep contact with most of the participants/referee, we can do some quick time table change without problems.

In the huscarl tournament it was much more problematic since the guy organizing the thing wasnt there for days... This one should do well, except if Zlisch is referee ofc.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #362 on: January 02, 2014, 12:26:42 am »
+5
I think I will add these timetables

Round 1 : a Week period to end the duels

Round 2 : 5 days period to end the duels

Round 3 : 4 days period to end the duels

Round 4 : 3 days period to end the duels

Semi and Finals : 2 days period to end the duels

I like this because a referee will be always present, and the tournament will last a bit, but not much to bore the people or the players.

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #363 on: January 02, 2014, 12:28:52 am »
I'm in favour of increasing the duel day limit to 4 or 5.

EDIT: +1 Panos
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #364 on: January 02, 2014, 12:32:35 am »
+2
I would prefer it it stayed 2 days since I signed up counting on the duels not taking too long and I probably won't have time to play towards the end of the month.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #365 on: January 02, 2014, 12:34:12 am »
+1
I would prefer it it stayed 2 days since I signed up counting on the duels not taking too long and I probably won't have time to play towards the end of the month.
Don't worry Apsod will wipe you anyhow <3
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 02, 2014, 12:34:25 am »
+1
Ok, I think the rules are perfect now, more time will allow smoother duels with a referee present!

Sorry for any incovenience guys!

I doubt that people will push a duel until the last day, if all proceed as planned, the tournament will end in 10-12 days.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1166
  • Infamy: 747
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 02, 2014, 12:40:08 am »
Panos, I'm not bitching. But if you're busy you could postpone it.

You know, there's a dude called 72206_HRE. He records pretty cool videos. You could ask him if he has free time to tape every duel.

There are 24 duels in first round. If you spread them over six days, that is four duels per day. Put a time table, 20:00 to 22:00 (half an hour per duel, if time goes up winner is the player who had the lead). If 72206_HRE can't be there for two hours, find someone else to record duels. That way you only need two judges every day. If you can get four, they'll have less than 30 mins job.

After first round, there's a free day for everyone. Then comes second round, with 16 duels total. Can be finished in 4 days. Rest for a day. Third round with 8 duels can be finished in two days. Quarter-finals will last just one day. Rest for a day. Semi-finals and finals (and fight for 3rd place) can take place on the same evening. Tourney finished. Lasted 17 days total, two weeks of actual fighting.

That way you'll have videos of every single duel and judges. It could be epic, just like the rewards. Not this shit, Teeth fought Zlisch and they say Teeth won so that's it...

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 02, 2014, 12:43:50 am »
+3
Panos, I'm not bitching. But if you're busy you could postpone it.

You know, there's a dude called 72206_HRE. He records pretty cool videos. You could ask him if he has free time to tape every duel.

There are 24 duels in first round. If you spread them over six days, that is four duels per day. Put a time table, 20:00 to 22:00 (half an hour per duel, if time goes up winner is the player who had the lead). If 72206_HRE can't be there for two hours, find someone else to record duels. That way you only need two judges every day. If you can get four, they'll have less than 30 mins job.

After first round, there's a free day for everyone. Then comes second round, with 16 duels total. Can be finished in 4 days. Rest for a day. Third round with 8 duels can be finished in two days. Quarter-finals will last just one day. Rest for a day. Semi-finals and finals (and fight for 3rd place) can take place on the same evening. Tourney finished. Lasted 17 days total, two weeks of actual fighting.

That way you'll have videos of every single duel and judges. It could be epic, just like the rewards. Not this shit, Teeth fought Zlisch and they say Teeth won so that's it...

University is closed until 15th of January, I have a leave from work until 10th of January, I have all the time of the world.

I just want the duels to happen while a referee is present, it`s not that I don`t trust you, but I believe this is how REAL tournament should happen.

As I said already, I cant force people to play that time, life is random, and you can`t force people to be at 22:00 at their PC.

These are the final rules, I wont change nothing.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 02, 2014, 02:24:58 am »
+1
With this event there are many people on EU3 most of the time, so the absence of referees is not a big problem, considering you have a shitload of witnesses if anything edgy happens.

Btw about the first to 5/7 thing, both choices are unfair to some of the voters. It would have been better had the voting system be precisely defined before, as people that voted 1 or 3 would have voted 5 instead.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #370 on: January 02, 2014, 02:33:54 am »
+1
Btw about the first to 5/7 thing, both choices are unfair to some of the voters. It would have been better had the voting system be precisely defined before, as people that voted 1 or 3 would have voted 5 instead.
This is one confusing statement.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline BenonKnight

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 6
  • Hannibal ante portas!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hannibal_of_Carthage
« Reply #371 on: January 02, 2014, 10:44:29 am »
+4
Tournament already started so rules shouldnt be changed now i think.
"I will either find a way, or make one."-
                                                      Hannibal

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 02, 2014, 11:00:20 am »
+1
This is one confusing statement.

You see, if people knew that the voting system was simple majority, they wouldn't have voted the way they did. A vote for an option with very few votes is lost, so you are better trying to vote for the option that best represents what you want and can win. Fewer people would have voted for first to 1 and first to 3, and more would have voted for first to 5, probably to the point that first to 5 would have got more votes than first to 7.

I agree

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 02, 2014, 11:39:33 am »
+1

Typically the tournament started today, the last change on the rules happened yesterday  :wink:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #374 on: January 02, 2014, 11:55:32 am »
You see, if people knew that the voting system was simple majority, they wouldn't have voted the way they did. A vote for an option with very few votes is lost, so you are better trying to vote for the option that best represents what you want and can win. Fewer people would have voted for first to 1 and first to 3, and more would have voted for first to 5, probably to the point that first to 5 would have got more votes than first to 7.

that's how votes usually work? Vote for what you want to win? and majority wins? but i guess some of you guys really have a grudge against first to 7 :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk