Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 489992 times)

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3615 on: May 08, 2014, 06:00:29 pm »
What's their problem? Presidential Elections incoming. Or don't you believe in fair elections\referendums?

Moscow, Russian Federation:
(click to show/hide)

I believe, it's a pity that East didn't presented in presidential elections anyhow! Two deputy were beaten in Kiev and nobody got to jail, it's OK for Kiev now.
In Moscow according to Kiev idealogy Putin have to name this people on the photos terrorists and send army to kill them?

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: May 08, 2014, 06:11:06 pm »
I believe, it's a pity that East didn't presented in presidential elections anyhow!
Their problem that they didn't find a good candidate. Although there are more than 10 candidates.
Two deputy were beaten in Kiev and nobody got to jail, it's OK for Kiev now.
Minister of Defense stole few billions and nobody got to jail, it's OK for Moscow now.
In Moscow according to Kiev idealogy Putin have to name this people on the photos terrorists and send army to kill them?
Were did you find on my pics Kalashnikovs, RPGs or at least molotovs? Are this ppl want independence for Moscow from Russia? Did they rob police stations & took control of some city? Nice logics you have  :wink:

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #3617 on: May 08, 2014, 06:12:45 pm »
I believe, it's a pity that East didn't presented in presidential elections anyhow!

Why? There is Tihipko and there is Dobkin. Of course they have no chances to win these elections, party of regions stained themselves with Yanukovich and people won't forget that soon, but is it a reason to start civil war?

Another thing, Poroshenko is from Odessa region, Tymoshenko is from Dnipropetrovsk, what do you mean by saying that east is not represented on elections?

Offline Segd

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: May 08, 2014, 06:22:07 pm »
Another thing, Poroshenko is from Odessa region, Tymoshenko is from Dnipropetrovsk, what do you mean by saying that east is not represented on elections?
You mean that the next president would be from East? Damn, why West won't revolt?  :lol:

Next president of Ukraine:
___oshenko

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tim, or Por, that is the question!

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: May 08, 2014, 06:25:55 pm »
Well, actually now there is no doubt that Poroshenko will win, the question is will he do it in first round or there will be second round.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: May 08, 2014, 06:38:29 pm »
btw
http://en.itar-tass.com/world/730688

Yulia Timoshenko, who is now running for Ukrainian president, has said that she was the only politician in Ukraine capable of conducting political reforms the country badly needs.
“I do not want to bear responsibility for the failure of the revolution any longer,” she said. “But if the country elects other president, and, as a matter of fact, I have only one rival now, I think we will have to venture the third round of revolution. Because otherwise I don’t see any chance for changes. I simply know all these people.”

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: May 08, 2014, 06:49:49 pm »
Yes, she said that. It's really good that she has no real support and she won't get any by such moves.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: May 08, 2014, 07:14:04 pm »
btw
http://en.itar-tass.com/world/730688

Yulia Timoshenko, who is now running for Ukrainian president, has said that she was the only politician in Ukraine capable of conducting political reforms the country badly needs.
“I do not want to bear responsibility for the failure of the revolution any longer,” she said. “But if the country elects other president, and, as a matter of fact, I have only one rival now, I think we will have to venture the third round of revolution. Because otherwise I don’t see any chance for changes. I simply know all these people.”

Good that we all know who Tymoshenko is. And thanks to Poroshenko that she's not going to become a President.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #3623 on: May 08, 2014, 07:25:58 pm »
Their problem that they didn't find a good candidate. Although there are more than 10 candidates.Minister of Defense stole few billions and nobody got to jail, it's OK for Moscow now.Were did you find on my pics Kalashnikovs, RPGs or at least molotovs? Are this ppl want independence for Moscow from Russia? Did they rob police stations & took control of some city? Nice logics you have  :wink:
What is the minister of defence? Facts?
In the beggining in the East also weren't any Kalashnikovs, RPGs or at least molotovs, but it was on maidan, wasn't it? There is only one logic, if it is possible in Kiev, then why it is forbidden in the East. And I grieve that civilians are killed by ukranian army on the East.
Yes, I think Poroshenko will win, but Timoshenko will try to prevent it. Maybe Odessa is her doings.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: May 08, 2014, 07:41:32 pm »
In the beggining in the East also weren't any Kalashnikovs, RPGs or at least molotovs, but it was on maidan, wasn't it?
No, there were no Kalashnikovs and RPGs at all and there were no molotovs for first 1.5 months.

There is only one logic, if it is possible in Kiev, then why it is forbidden in the East.
Well, no. Violent protests, rebellions are always forbidden as they should be. And the fact that maidan had better reasons doesn't excuse violence that was there. And of course it doesn't excuse any further violence.

Still I don't understand these protests. Government basically accepted all demands except federalisation, which is not acceptable. What do they want? I don't really hear any arguments from that side apart from "evil ukrainian fascists".

And I grieve that civilians are killed by ukranian army on the East.
So, I take it, you don't grieve that ukrainian soldiers are killed by "civilians" there?

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #3625 on: May 08, 2014, 07:52:59 pm »
No, there were no Kalashnikovs and RPGs at all and there were no molotovs for first 1.5 months.
Well, no. Violent protests, rebellions are always forbidden as they should be. And the fact that maidan had better reasons doesn't excuse violence that was there. And of course it doesn't excuse any further violence.

Still I don't understand these protests. Government basically accepted all demands except federalisation, which is not acceptable. What do they want? I don't really hear any arguments from that side apart from "evil ukrainian fascists".
So, I take it, you don't grieve that ukrainian soldiers are killed by "civilians" there?
Main protest is to unarm right sector, Dnepro, national Guard and so on.
I grieve for those soldiers that was obliged to kill their brothers and died there too.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: May 08, 2014, 07:56:14 pm »

Just nitpicking, but same as Maidan, where Yanukovitch had basically accepted all demands in the last days of the protests, it didnt make the protest stop...

As long as people keep going out in the streets and doing random things, its not over; admitedly, it cannot be stopped until you accept to resign (and sometimes not even then), this is why I think its way too easy to just overthrow whole goverments these days. Its like the opposite of personality cult, as long as there is "that guy" or "that group" at power positions, it wont stop. Or until some really bad things happens.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: May 08, 2014, 07:59:00 pm »
Main protest is to unarm right sector, Dnepro, national Guard and so on.
Right sector is already partially unarmed, and it would get better over time. New government showed that they won't let them do what they want.
As for Dnepro and National Guard - why should they be unarmed? They are reformed internal forces, not some nationalistic fighters, they simply follow orders that military command gives them.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #3628 on: May 08, 2014, 08:02:25 pm »
Right sector is already partially unarmed, and it would get better over time. New government showed that they won't let them do what they want.
As for Dnepro and National Guard - why should they be unarmed? They are reformed internal forces, not some nationalistic fighters, they simply follow orders that military command gives them.
Really? How right sector is unarmed? Because I don't have information about it. Can you give some links please

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3629 on: May 08, 2014, 08:09:53 pm »
+1

lol at comment section

"AK47, RPG, et al. are NOT "heavy weapons". These are called "light arms" in the common vernacular, standard infantry stuff. Why do most of your reporters seem like meow men who have never even held a gun before? Perhaps because this one is from a country were they have become illegal? Or perhaps they are "actors" working for the CIA to foment terror and anxiety in the heart of the viewer? I do not personally take a side in this bullshit geopolitical theater, but why does it seem that VICE is firmly on the side that is backed by the private western central bankers? Just wondering."

They are so mad at this. It's not like a military academy is about to get attacked and looted or something.

HURR DURR AK74 NOT 47 LOOK UP WIKI  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!