Author Topic: bannerlord-CRPG???  (Read 6858 times)

Offline 5arvukovic

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
bannerlord-CRPG???
« on: November 29, 2013, 02:27:14 am »
I wonder if crpg would advance to bannerlord? Is there a chance we will play that? Maybe some migration plan so we keep our characters and items in a new M&B?

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
Re: bannerlord-CRPG???
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 03:23:17 am »
+3
I guess there won't be a crpg for Bannerlord.
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:01:49 am »
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 04:27:25 am »
+2
Bannerlord will hopefully make it easier for modders this time and someone else will probably make something along the lines of cRPG. But for now the only real option is Battlegrounds since we know that's getting worked on.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 06:28:48 am »
+5
Nothing in crpg is a protected intellectual property.  It should be relatively easy to steal/copy/adapt crpg's leveling system.  The various tweaks in crpg won't be valid for bannerlord anyway, and new ones would have to be made.  My guess is we will see some sort of spiritual successor to crpg in bannerlord, that is, if bannerlord launches with multiplayer.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 07:32:30 am »
+2
Nothing in crpg is a protected intellectual property.  It should be relatively easy to steal/copy/adapt crpg's leveling system.  The various tweaks in crpg won't be valid for bannerlord anyway, and new ones would have to be made.  My guess is we will see some sort of spiritual successor to crpg in bannerlord, that is, if bannerlord launches with multiplayer.

It'd be quite the step back if they didn't launch it with multiplayer. That'd be a very bad business idea to not have mp for it.

But if there is a crpg like mod for bannerlord, its likely it won't be by the same guys who made it here since they're making their own game.

Offline 5arvukovic

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 12:59:18 pm »
I am happy to read this answers, because I think CRPG should stay the way that it is, the game we all like  :) . Also some players wouldnt be in position to buy themselves Bannerlord, and they would be excommunicated from crpg.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 12:28:47 pm »
+1
There will be something alalike to cRPG when bannerlords comes out, it will be called Battle of Europe 2 mod. IT will actually be based on cRPG style.Only thing is i dont know exactly when will it be released after the release of bannerlord, probably few months later.
But afterall there will be crpg standalone game called Melee:battlegrounds

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 12:41:40 pm »
we still have very little detail on what bannerlord mp will be like. might have more freedom of equipment choices etc
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 03:44:29 pm »
+1

That may or may not happen, but even if it does, it's an open question how much of a "spiritual successor" it'll be, without the same team putting in the work and choosing the direction. There were clone attempts on Warband as well, but eg Mercenaries never really stacked up to the original.
Don't.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 12:10:55 am »
There will be something alalike to cRPG when bannerlords comes out, it will be called Battle of Europe 2 mod. IT will actually be based on cRPG style.Only thing is i dont know exactly when will it be released after the release of bannerlord, probably few months later.
But afterall there will be crpg standalone game called Melee:battlegrounds
wat, people are already developing the second installment of a mod for a game of which jack shit is known?

I'd say if the Bannerlord devs have a functioning brain inside their skill they are probably going to create some type of progression for multiplayer themselves.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 03:45:22 am »
+3
wat, people are already developing the second installment of a mod for a game of which jack shit is known?

I'd say if the Bannerlord devs have a functioning brain inside their skill they are probably going to create some type of progression for multiplayer themselves.

I think a lot more people like the way they don't have levels in their multiplayer then people like us who play cRPG.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 12:24:43 pm »
I think a lot more people like the way they don't have levels in their multiplayer then people like us who play cRPG.
You do? I thought it was pretty clear from commercially succesful games that progression in multiplayer is highly valued, Warband didn't have any and its pub gameplay died pretty quickly. You can attract this larger audience and keep them playing for a much longer time without hurting the potential for a competitive scene whatsoever. The active competitive Warband community is bigger than the active cRPG pub scene, but you are still talking a relatively small number of people and a small number of sales. Taleworlds are a company overall so attracting more casual pub gamers without losing your competitive fans is a no brainer if you ask me.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 02:03:35 pm »
+1

Well at least the developer of BOE said he will surly make BOE2 aka cRPG stlye mod for bannerlord, no matter what the native bannerlord gonna looks like

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 03:45:48 pm »
Bannerlord will hopefully make it easier for modders this time and someone else will probably make something along the lines of cRPG. But for now the only real option is Battlegrounds since we know that's getting worked on.
Or then they don't even allow modders to mod the game cause of crpg devs making a whole new game to compete against them. :lol: