Author Topic: A Declaration of War  (Read 5501 times)

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
A Declaration of War
« on: September 19, 2013, 03:52:32 am »
+15
Click spoiler for original post-
(click to show/hide)

The night after the message laden arrow thudded into Reindi Castle's gates, Lord Anders sent a rider out to the army sprawled across the fields between the castle and the forest.  The rider brought word that Anders wished to have audience with the leaders of the Warriors of the First Age in his hall. 

Having no cause to suspect treachery from the lord of a peaceful keep, Finnian and Thalion shortly went forth.  Their dwarf friend Radsvid they towed behind in a straw filled cart.  The night before, some of the Edain in the encampment had challenged him to a drinking game; their combined count of downed tankards versus his alone.  Radsvid out drank the lot of them in proper dwarf fashion and gained quite a few coins off of the half dozen men who had challenged him, but the morning the embassy set out he had a terrible pain in the head as a consequence, so he lay in the straw filled cart as the embassy made their way to the castle, groaning at every bump.

Anders welcomed the Triumvirate to his hall and offered to them food and wine (the latter Radsvid did not decline despite his condition).  Then they set them selves to the matter at hand.  Straight away, Anders sternly spoke saying that while he sympathized with the needs of those before him, the castle would be stalwartly defended in the case of attack.  He then divulged that he had many friends coming to aid in the defense of the castle and how the force outside the castle would be shortly outnumbered if they did not take the castle speedily.  Finnian swiftly stood and declared (quite foolishly) that there was yet a force even larger than the one at hand that would come if summoned.  For a tense moment it seemed that diplomacy would not win the day, but then the diplomat summoned forth his wit and understanding.  Thalion beckoned Finnian to take seat again, and then inquired of Anders a number of things regarding his operations and interests of the castle.  Within a short time of Thalion and Anders discussing the matter tensions were eased and it was soon found that both parties had not so dissimilar interests.  Then Anders rose, and with a brightened expression, proposed a course of action that would benefit both parties.

The plan was happily agreed upon, Radsvid mumbled something about trade and coins being good, and then finally passed out, and then Anders brought forth one last matter.  Many free lance warriors had already gathered and were expecting a battle.  As such it would be a great shame to deprive them of such as they had come from many places far and wide in search of a worthy battle.  Here diplomat and dwarf faltered (or rather snored in the case of the latter), but Finnian soon proposed a sollution.

"I have heard it said that the Warriors of the First Age, and my self in particular are to be considered "nerds".  What tongue this term is from I do not yet know, but I have come to glean it's understanding and find it not at all repulsive.  It is also said that one of the "nerdiest" activities practiced is the act of Live Action Role Playing.  I am not at all adverse to this activity, so I say we re-equip our armies with duct tape enshrouded weapons of a harmless nature and stage the greatest LARP battle this land has ever seen!

To those who "TLDR"-

There will be a battle for the primary cause of XP FOR NA.  You are welcome!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:00:08 am by Lethwin Far Seeker »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
Re: A Declaration of War
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:13:04 am »
+8
Dalfador's scout came running into Chide on Dalfador's stallion with the news. He showed a little smile while hearing the news, and sent a messenger out to deliver his well wishes to the Warriors of the First Age and good luck in their upcoming battle. He was happy that these men of the first age had taken the noble path and allowed any soldiers or peasant population to evacuate with safety.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:20:18 am by Dalfador »

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 04:33:14 am »
+1
Good, that non-commital fuck needs to be taken out already.  People who are only concerned with money need to be put out of their misery.  I was told there would be no math Anders, but that was a lie!!!!!

Yo just what we stand for, Loyalty
What we strive for? Righteousness
What we live and die for?
Strictly fam members only
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 06:02:19 am »
In the nearby fields surrounding New Reindi, castle a cloaked figure crept carefully...

Damnit! The comma splicing nerds post again!

....yeah, uh, good luck, and stuff.

Dalfador's scout came running into Chide on Dalfador's stallion with the news. He showed a little smile while hearing the news, and sent a messenger out to deliver his well wishes to the Warriors of the First Age and good luck in their upcoming battle. He was happy that these men of the first age had taken the noble path and allowed any soldiers or peasant population to evacuate with safety.

You're in the Order of the White Stallion, are you not? You do not own the Stallion, the Stallion owns you!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 06:11:34 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 06:10:34 am »
More like "A Declaration of Bore"

Why the hell does everyone declare war, then attack days later?  You have the element of surprise, don't give him days to prepare...  You know he isn't going to just hand it over.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 06:22:45 am »
+3
I might be willing to talk. TS: Memorialmark.com Tomorrow, if possible.

I don't know any other way to contact you guys except via this method.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 06:36:23 am »
+5
Talk? I wanted to see you give him a kesh-ing, Anders. We need more NA battles!

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 06:37:06 am »
+1
I might be willing to talk. TS: Memorialmark.com Tomorrow, if possible.

I don't know any other way to contact you guys except via this method.

We will try to get an embassy to that teamspeak tomorrow (9/19) some time after 9pm.

More like "A Declaration of Bore"

Why the hell does everyone declare war, then attack days later?  You have the element of surprise, don't give him days to prepare...  You know he isn't going to just hand it over.

Because this is the honourable thing to do.  If we were at war with a faction, I wouldn't hesitate to use the element of surprise, but in this kind of act we follow chivalric ideals.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 07:03:09 am »
+3
How negotiations better will go tomorrow:

Finnian: Hi Anders, so as you know we want your feif, and we were hoping --

Anders: Fuck off, the many nerds of crpg mercs of Calradia demand the great flow of XP honor and glory. AND XP HONOR AND GLORY THEY SHALL HAVE!

The End.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 07:12:12 am »
+4
Don't worry, I'll have some respectable RP later. Awesome RP, and Honor, demands repayment in kind. Will wait till our talks tomorrow before I make any posts further. Without further Adieu, Off to bed for the night!

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 09:41:40 am »
Well I guess if Anders can come to a peacefull solution then fair enough but if war breaks lose then I personally will merc for Ander's solely. I think its weak to hit a free trade castle of a person who is a one man band. Couldn't find a more challenging target?GL either way
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:56:36 am by Dutchydave »

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 09:57:47 am »
+1
Well I guess if Anders can come to a peacefull solution then fair enough but if war breaks lose then I personally will merc for Ander's solely. I think its weak to hit a free trade castle of a person who is a one man band. Couldn't fins a more challenging target.GL either way

By the need of my people and my duty to them

This not a result of WFA out there looking for a fight.  WFA has attained a small but noticeable presence in strat which has been a challenge.  However, WFA sorely needs a fief if it is going to be able to maintain that presence and achieve it's goals (which are very far away from being "a weak hit").

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 10:01:09 am »
Talk? I wanted to see you give him a kesh-ing, Anders. We need more NA battles!

LMFAO! So Kesh-ing is the new term for hiding behind castle and city walls? Makes sense  :lol: Yes this is off topic to an extent but I thought it was so true and funny I must reply  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:41:10 am by Dutchydave »

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 10:03:26 am »
This not a result of WFA out there looking for a fight.  WFA has attained a small but noticeable presence in strat which has been a challenge.  However, WFA sorely needs a fief if it is going to be able to maintain that presence and achieve it's goals (which are very far away from being "a weak hit").

Yes it is totally a weak hit. You girls have looked for the easyest target to hit to achieve your goals of owning a fief.

There is plenty of previously owned FCC villages that they don't have the balls to defend anymore up for grabs. If you want to try and own a fief in a diplomatic way then try negotiate with one of their new owners. But as far as give me your castle or we will take it to a 1 person clan is, thats not diplomacy, that is bully tactics and time always tells that bully's are always pussy's with some issue to cover up.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:12:10 am by Dutchydave »

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 10:08:08 am »
+5
LMFAO! So Kesh-ing is the new term for hiding behind castle and city walls? Makes sense  :lol:

Unrelated and nonsensical.  There is nothing wrong with castles and walls being actually used the way they were meant to be.  What is the point of having one if you aren't going to use it?
Regardless of what I think about Kesh, please go bash him elsewhere.